World of Warcraft: Current Year

xzi

Mouthbreather
Getting mad WC3 Arthas vibes from Anduin. Like a Lich King of the light kind of thing

Spoiler video kinda - but only an alliance quest.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The difficulty of the Tank Artifact Challenge at the Mage Tower has been adjusted:
  • Highlord Kruul’s health reduced by 10%.
  • Inquisitor Variss health reduced by 10%.
  • Kor’vas Bloodthorn’s health increased by 100%.
  • Nether Horror health reduced by 20%.
  • Tormenting Eye health reduced by 20%.
  • Smoldering Infernals are now summoned less frequently.

Qwirb

Silver Knight of the Realm
The last phase of the Xylem challenge is awful as a Subtlety rogue. Stand at max range so you aren't in his creeping death but not too far or you'll fucking teleport to the middle of the boss and get gibbed. Can't wait for that to not be a thing anymore.

Cybsled

Noodle, I havent even bothered with the tank challenge yet since the change. You try it at all since the patch?

I unlocked all the new gold traits on my weapon, but still think the DPS check will fuck me over at this point.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
I tried it at 907 last night running prydaz/Chest legendary, its doable - i was getting to phase 2 pretty reliably, best attempt was ~15%. my current issue is trying to get a smoother transition between phase 1 and 2 where i dont have netherhorrors or as many infernals up.

Healing orbs seem to be more reliable now 8 out of 10 attempts im at least getting an orb before the first infernal.

Velen seems to want to melee more, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, he is unaffected by the puddle near the inquisitor.

Most of my deaths in Phase 1 were from trying to push dps and not grabbing the healing orbs when i should and die to the mindrend.

I've got another 30 attempts or so tonight, we'll see.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I've tried it a few times but I have shitty legendaries for it. Usually I'll run prydaz and the trinket.

It definitely feels a lot easier, however without the good legendaries I don't see myself beating it.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
How are m0's for AP now? I figure even if their lockout is weekly, maybe just getting the bros together regularly and fighter chow busting them out.

Cybsled

The tank challenge would be more doable if the orbs were reliable and not a RNG fest. That stupid anti-melee field doesnt help matters.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It's a lot easier now. I kill the eyes in one hit usually and the Nether dudes drop pretty quick. The anti melee field is fine as long as you watch your max hp.

I just don't have the time to attempt it 100 times

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
The tank challenge is just heavily slanted toward classes that have an abundance of self healing (DH/DK, warrior with bracers to some extent). Monks unfortunately dont have reliable self healing until we are sub 35% which generally means if we have 2-3 stacks of the debuff we can be 1 shot by the inquisitor, especially if we are taking damage from the adds. Yes we spawn healing orbs even when higher on hp but randomness is a factor. using the fang of tichondrius is helpful because popping a kegsmash on infernals can be a full heal if you catch them when they are small, but its on a 1.5 minute cooldown and its a small window to catch the infernals at the right time.

Don't get me wrong i think the tank challenge is probably doable at this point, but it is still exponentially harder than any of the others.

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm
It's annoying, I enjoyed mythic+ but they made 10s too easy to complete and no reason at ALL to do higher than a 10. I mean what you can do like a 15 and get an extra 3m ap who gives a shit I can do that in 3 world quests in a quarter of the time.

Because they aren't mutually exclusive means of acquiring AP? It's not like there are constant 1M+ AP WQ's up at all times that you would be missing out on because you dip into a M+ for 30 min.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Because they aren't mutually exclusive means of acquiring AP? It's not like there are constant 1M+ AP WQ's up at all times that you would be missing out on because you dip into a M+ for 30 min.
Or do the daily heroic for slightly less but almost the same amount of ap for 5% of the effort

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
lol guild chat yesterday "looks like the mage tower buff will be up for heroic clear, all that sweet sweet AP" .... "you mean waterwalking"....."WTF"

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cocaine Samurai

Trakanon Raider
This is probably the most mad/disappointed i've been in years.

JUST.jpg

• 7Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users