World of Warcraft: Current Year

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
seriously fuck this tank challenge, even with 20 ilevels people are still going to wipe on it constantly.

i've gotten it to 2% a few times but keep getting knocked off, there is so much shit going on in the last phase that it feels impossible to see everything.

infernals knockbacks (not always telegraphed) - if you get hit by any of them its game over
moving beams - these just push you around
Kruul's pools that spawn under you constantly (that velen likes to put orbs in) - the pools slow you and do about 10% of your max hp in damage every tick
kruul's annihilate hits like a truck, usually adds anywhere from 80-120 stagger % to my bar
Adds that swarm Velen

Last edited:

Cocaine Samurai

Trakanon Raider
Amazing first post.

Also, you're a failure!

Yeah, the rapid forum relocations last year or two make all my first posts boring since I rarely post.

I got it a few hours later though, which i'm pretty proud of at 898 and no prydaz/achor

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Yeah, the rapid forum relocations last year or two make all my first posts boring since I rarely post.

I got it a few hours later though, which i'm pretty proud of at 898 and no prydaz/achor

Shit my DH is 898 and I don't have it so now I'm the failure.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
seriously fuck this tank challenge, even with 20 ilevels people are still going to wipe on it constantly.

i've gotten it to 2% a few times but keep getting knocked off, there is so much shit going on in the last phase that it feels impossible to see everything.

infernals knockbacks (not always telegraphed) - if you get hit by any of them its game over
moving beams - these just push you around
Kruul's pools that spawn under you constantly (that velen likes to put orbs in) - the pools slow you and do about 10% of your max hp in damage every tick
kruul's annihilate hits like a truck, usually adds anywhere from 80-120 stagger % to my bar
Adds that swarm Velen

seriously at this point i'll pay someone $$$ to complete this since fuck spending several more hours on it at this point.
Doing better than me, that's for sure.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I just don't like associating different handles and accounts if I can avoid it. Never know when you are going to trigger some snowflake so they decide to go E-diggin' for dirt.

If people knew the terrible things I was saying on rando alts on the official forums against Ion Drive, I'd be banned for life.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I put in a few more (10) attempts on the tank challenge and it does feel doable.

I think if I had the legendary chest piece it would be way easier. Keggernaut finished it and was all sad about how they nerfed it - but he's like a top tier monk. The rest of us schlubs needed it nerfed.

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm
Our Druid tank got it finally. He actually died right after but didn't release and let the RP play out. Just an FYI.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Conspiracy theory time.

Anyone else seem to be getting a LOT less AP WQs since they got the double AP order hall upgrade?

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Conspiracy theory time.

Anyone else seem to be getting a LOT less AP WQs since they got the double AP order hall upgrade?

I'm not at that level of conspiracy, but there was what seemed like a slack on the AP world quest handouts lately. However, today's assault popped with three big dawg AP ones so I'll let it go for now.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
~200 attempts, FUCK everything about that challenge.

WoWScrnShot_042117_212503.jpg

• 2Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Nice. My best is like 43% phase 1 lol. I feel like without the chest it's super hard to kill the adds quick.

I got the purify belt tonight so that's good

Cybsled

All I have for legendaries is the stagger ring, the symbiote belt, and the hat that lets me take less damage (but I cant do any dmg while active).

Legendary that made purify heal you instead would be great for this fight, because fuck Velen's orbs

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
You will in phase 2, the annihilates hit me for about 90% stagger. The belt is awesome for that.

I recommend taking niuzao I would go in interupt variss first 2 casts with normal interrupt and then arcane torrent then pop niuzao. He lasts 45 seconds and takes all the mind rends while he is up. He should be just about back up when kruul lands and makes phase 2 much easier as he eats the first 2 annihilates.

I also push the first inq phase to about 8-9 stacks that way since I don't take damage from the mind rends. As soon as my stack gets low I use chi wave to pull the adds then I stun them in top of variss. A kegsmash and holding exploding keg should kill all the adds. Repeat for the next add wave since niuzao should still be up. Then you have to play safe never go above 4 stacks and you can legsweep and arcane torrent from slightly outside the inq bubble.

Use orbs sparingly

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Thanks for the advice. I just got the belt last night so I haven't used it too much, just using the belt and trinket for raiding now and keeping the helm and prydaz as backup. I'm 906 so similar gear level it seems.

One of my problems is I often let my stacks get too high so I might make a weak aura displaying my stacks midscreen or something. Never used nizuao but I'll try him out.

If I go fuckin ham I can take down the Inquisitor quick but just dumb mistakes.