World of Warcraft: Current Year

Khane

Got something right about marriage
You'd also think people would always go for nether disruptor first, every time, because the nether portals make farming legionfall war supplies about 1000x faster, meaning the other buildings go up faster too.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I assume it's basically a reflection of the welfare state. The people who out resources into the command center are unable to even contemplate their own interests.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I put my resources into whichever one is farthest along. I imagine most people do that.

Needless

Toe Sucker
walking into the assassination rogue challenge at 850 and no legendaries without realizing that class challenges were a thing.... feelsbeatupman

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Well, the conventional wisdom prior to 7.2 dictated that everyone pour their resources into the most progressed building (whichever building that might be)...

But as pointed out above, the buildings have very different value (water walking? seriously?).

I would think that the Nether Disruptor would be the most enticing building for players at all levels, but I'm guilty of giving people too much credit when it comes to matters of critical thinking and analysis.

Cybsled

Nether Disruptor if you can get it built before the weekly reset, but with enough time so that it is available post-reset.

However, GL getting hundreds of thousands of people to get on the same page lol

Khane

Whoa, they buffed the command center order hall missions.

Now there are also missions for 500 war supplies and 7500 nethershards in addition to the AP mission

Turns out maybe going after the command center first was a good idea even though nobody knew that.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I think those new missions are making the Legion app crash on my phone. Anyone else?
No idea (don't use the remote mission control).

However, there's a fairly big problem now with the Hall missions, and that the missions offered are based exclusively on your highest ilvl champion. Because fuck trying to level the 6th/7th champion you just recruited and activated: they have no missions available to get significant xp. You have to farm armor token for a week or two to get them up to where they might be able to do something.

And since there are no bonus xp missions above 850, forget about progressing fast. The fastest progressing guy is my bodyguard, since he gets more xp per day than anyone else just from the expeditions.

Malkav

French Madman
Whoa, they buffed the command center order hall missions.

Now there are also missions for 500 war supplies and 7500 nethershards in addition to the AP mission

Turns out maybe going after the command center first was a good idea even though nobody knew that.

It's been know since EU got the Command Center at the end of last week.

I have got the three missions running, they will finish tonight.

Rime

<Donor>
Apparently the missions can range from 3-6 DAYS to complete (Someone on MMOChamp said 12 Days, but I have not seen that high myself). If you get the 3 Day missions, they are worth doing, if barely based on what you could get from other missions in that time. After 4 Days, it is much less lucrative. If you got boned and hit a 6-Day Mission, then it is 100% not worth doing, unless you are going out on vacation or you are very lazy about the Order Hall Missions.

Luckily, many classes can 'cheese' the missions by sending only one champion (Meatball for life! - With a 40% on 8+ Missions, a flat +15% chance, and a +15%/+15% Legendary, he can take one from -95% to over 100% ) and one or two strong troops (DH Coilscar, DK Abom, Druid Ancient, etc).

They REALLY need to set it so that the duration is the same for everyone, though.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Those command center missions also don't have a bonus to them, so don't go fucking crazy trying to 200% them like the other missions. 100% is all you need, because there's only that prize to get. Anything above 100 will net you nothing extra.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
We killed M Cenarius last night, and even though it's almost laughably easy, it was still a pain in the dick. I never want to go back to M EN ever again

By laughable easy I mean his hp drops like a sack of potatoes

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Apparently the missions can range from 3-6 DAYS to complete (Someone on MMOChamp said 12 Days, but I have not seen that high myself). If you get the 3 Day missions, they are worth doing, if barely based on what you could get from other missions in that time. After 4 Days, it is much less lucrative. If you got boned and hit a 6-Day Mission, then it is 100% not worth doing, unless you are going out on vacation or you are very lazy about the Order Hall Missions.

Luckily, many classes can 'cheese' the missions by sending only one champion (Meatball for life! - With a 40% on 8+ Missions, a flat +15% chance, and a +15%/+15% Legendary, he can take one from -95% to over 100% ) and one or two strong troops (DH Coilscar, DK Abom, Druid Ancient, etc).

They REALLY need to set it so that the duration is the same for everyone, though.
...you guys know that they're always 3 days right? Sometimes you have to counter the additional time mechanic (+100% mission duration) and sometimes there are 2 of them (3 days x 100%=6 days; 6 days x 100% = 12 days).... but they're counterable and will only take 3 days if you don't ignore the counter. Missions have behaved this way since the WoD beta.

Additionally, for whatever reason they decided to make the -% mission duration items additive instead of multiplicative. This means that if you have a follower with a base mission reduction time of -20%, -15% saddle, -10% carrot, and -5% boots, your 3 day mission will be 1 day 12 hours. You can have 3 followers so you could theoretically get it down to 0 hours, but I don't know if there is a hard cap for mission time reduction.

Khane

They aren't always 3 days. Elite Strike: Sentinax for me in my order hall has a 6 day duration by itself.

If I have available champions to counter it properly Im sure I can drop it way down but if I don't I won't even bother doing it. Right now I have champions tied up on 2 of the other ones for over a day each and can't counter it at all. I mean, that's kinda the point... they have things that add duration that you have to counter and if you can't counter them they aren't 3 days.