World of Warcraft: Current Year

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Seriously, I like the expansion, and the idea of new content every week is nice. But when that weekly 'content'' is that level of shit, all you're really doing is telling me "Don't bother resubscribing until the next raid is open - and then you'll have new solo content between raid times to boot!"

"Oh, and we'll boost your AK gain as if you never left!"

Khane

Got something right about marriage
That's because the nightfallen stuff was an actual storyline. It was multiple quests each week that furthered that story. The broken shore shit is nothing. It's actually, unequivocally and very literally... nothing.

Suramar is one of the best zones Blizzard has created. It's on the same level as Uldum and Timeless Isle. Broken Shore is one of the worst they've created but they made it better by allowing you to fly. It would be just as bad as Isle of Thunder or Tanaan if you couldn't fucking fly.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qwirb

Silver Knight of the Realm
The Broken Shore isn't bad as a quick/easy way to catch up alts and grind out legendaries. As a vehicle to progress the story leading up to the opening of the ToS it's fucking awful.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
The Broken Shore isn't bad as a quick/easy way to catch up alts and grind out legendaries. As a vehicle to progress the story leading up to the opening of the ToS it's fucking awful.

Unfortunately that entire storyline is told in Suramar, and concludes in Nighthold. The whole assault on the Broken Isles seems arbitrary at this point. With the Legion "tickling" the Broken Shores. Meanwhile, the rest of Azeroth is like... mm...kay.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I would hope the Suramar design peoples were off building Argus and that's why the quality of the Broken Shore is 'meh'

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider

I would concur. Its a pretty solid place to gear up alts took a brand new 110 shaman up to item level 880 with all basic stuff maxed artifact in one invasion and a handful of broken shore world quests. The inexpesnive blue item creation things you can buy are a really fast and easy way to deck out alts in at least reasonable gear.

But the story is pretty WTF I can't even guess what they thought peoples reaction to the series of weekly "quests" we have seen so far.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
If you are not a dwarf you can just buy the treasure map from the rep vendor in the zone most are I think available at honored. If you have flight unlocked running around grabbing chests adds up to some fair xp on alts.

Wait, everyone doesn't see the chests on the minimap? My Troll Warlock was a dwarf for a minute after that became an option, i wonder if i still have tracking for some reason

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Its possible they changed it but on release of legion you had to have a treasure map for the zone you were in to see the treasures. In the broken shores they seem visible for all of my characters I have brought there automatically.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Treasures are visible to everyone on the minimap in the Broken Isles, because they respawn like herbs, and do not require a treasure map.

Khane

Heh wait. You need the treasure map to see the treasures? I thought it was like WoD where it just showed you spawn points. In which case it wasn't needed because HandyNotes did the same thing.

So a character really can't see them unless they've bought the treasure map?

Khane

You see the specific zone chests (not the normal one off chests or wyrmtongue chests or "small treasure chests" that only spawn during legion assaults)?

I had never seen one before I mentioned it here and it happened on a character I, for whatever reason, actually bought the stupid treasure map on. Highmountain Clan Chest in Highmountain.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
You need location based treasure maps for Suramar, Dreamgrove, etc, just not Broken Isles. Unless you have Handynotes, which does effectively the same thing as the treasure maps. Broken Isles operates differently.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Well next's week segment is named 'Championing our Cause' so you know that's gonna be do xxx Broken Shores World Quests.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Some new healer legendaries, the holy paladin one is insane
The Topless Tower

"Holy Shock has a chance to grant you Avenging Wrath for until cancelled" (assuming it lasts a few seconds)

THE SHOCKADIN DREAM IS REAL

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
I could see it happening with like a 1m internal CD and only lasts 5sec or some shit. But I can't fucking WAIT. Cmon dudes @Alkorin let me holy dps and parse 100% lmao

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user