World of Warcraft: Current Year

Rime

<Donor>
Speaking of horseshoe .... I got the hidden Windwalker skin the same run I got the Fox mount quest...

And just hit 7000/21000, and can further progress the Suramar quest lines. Thought it was 8k that was the rep gate, but apparently not. Hadn't done anything for it in a while, but hit it hard today again finishing everything that I could. #FeelsGoodMan !!

They removed the reputation gates from the Suramar questlines in 7.3.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Meh I just might. How are balance druids now? I'm fine with "ok" I did play a lock for the first few months of Legion.
Balance is strong at this point. Near the top of the list, even.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I didn't realize WoW was up to 60+ gigs for a full install now, holy shit.

Glad I have a top tier plan with no cap, slowly downloading at 30ish mb/sec.

Kinda wish I'd saved my UI settings now, that shit going to take hours, since I'm OCD with my layout.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Balance is strong at this point. Near the top of the list, even.

They are pretty solid middle of the pack single target dps. ToS really caters to their strength which is AoE/cleave fights with lots of movement. I don't think they will be parsing near as strong in the next tier but they won't likely drop below "ok" if you are fine with that.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Oh shit we should have a drunk raid, get everyone to come back and the raid has to take a shot for every wipe. Keep going until people pass out at the keyboards.

lindz

#DDs
Getting gear now is probably the easiest Ive encountered in WoW. As soon as I hit 110, I hit the time forged vendor and bought all the 880 stuff he had available. From there, the WQ's tackled most of the other stuff quickly with LFR boosting that along to 900. Hit Argus hard and heavy and you get every slot to at least 910. If I knew this route from the beginning, I believe I would have hit the 910's in about four to five evenings of playing instead of the week its taken me. From here, Im still kind of flopping around trying to find the new source of gear improvement outside of raiding.

As a returning player, getting geared up to this point has been simple. But jumping into Heroic with a crew of people that have wiped on everything several times over and are expecting you to lock step with them the first time you're in there is kind of stressful though. I think I may skip out on the raiding until the new raid drops and Im not on some uneven play field. /salt

What is this time forged vendor you speak of? I need to pay him a visit.

Last edited:

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What is this time forged vendor you speak of? I need to pay him a visit.
They are located in the "main" city of whatever expansion is Timewalking at the moment. I don't even know which it is right now, but for Wrath it was old Dalaran, for TBC it's Shattrath. Just gotta find him, and he'll things for sale for timewalking coins or whatever the currency is called.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Now if Xaini and Booze came back, we could all have a circle jerk together.

I am going to raid on acid so the Blizzard Lore makes sense as do the design decisions.

By the way what the fuck happened to Jains and Sylvannas. I mean the one bitch threw a tempter tantrum and the other became the new green Jesus of the horde, but nobody has heard shit of either.

• 1Picard

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am going to raid on acid so the Blizzard Lore makes sense as do the design decisions.

By the way what the fuck happened to Jains and Sylvannas. I mean the one bitch threw a tempter tantrum and the other became the new green Jesus of the horde, but nobody has heard shit of either.

I was just asking my buddy the same thing yesterday. Huge jump off to the lore at the beginning of the xpac with Jaina and Horde and Slyvanas and Greymane and then.... I mean I haven't even seen them since the beginning. I guess Jaina makes sense because she got all butt hurt and left, but Sylvanas was doing shit.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Turns out, this is all a big dream. We never left the Emerald Nightmare and Xavius is just toying with us. ... man, what a f'n twist that would be. Beat Agramar and a cinematic swoops in where Agramar lays the final blow upon us, waking us up from our eternal nightmare.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Turns out, this is all a big dream. We never left the Emerald Nightmare and Xavius is just toying with us. ... man, what a f'n twist that would be. Beat Agramar and a cinematic swoops in where Agramar lays the final blow upon us, waking us up from our eternal nightmare.

That would be great but Tigole and Furor haven't the balls to do so.

• 1Worf

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I was just asking my buddy the same thing yesterday. Huge jump off to the lore at the beginning of the xpac with Jaina and Horde and Slyvanas and Greymane and then.... I mean I haven't even seen them since the beginning. I guess Jaina makes sense because she got all butt hurt and left, but Sylvanas was doing shit.

Rumor has it that after all is said and done, sylvanas is going void lord dark. There's some data mined voice work from varimathras that insinuates he knew a long time ago that sylvanas is trying to take over the world or something.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Dreadlords always lie though, that's kind of their thing. Well, not necessarily lie but offer the truth in a way where it's actually more harmful than if he just lied. Like Petyr Baelish.

I want.. Vol'Jin as warchief. He just sat there and look at a map in Tanaan, how did they fuck that up so hard