World of Warcraft: Current Year

xzi

Mouthbreather
Warcraft released a few more Audio dramas like they did for Gul'dan pre Legion. This one is all about Turalyon and Alleria, what they've been up to and what they've gone through while they've been gone and it's pretty fucking good.

If you want to skip all of them, Nobbel released a 20min summary video but the stories themselves are great, definitely recommend listening.

Sulrn

Deuces
Watched a recap of the the Kiljaedan fight.

Honest question - are people playing because of the game play or because of their guild / community / story / etc? I remember playing during vanilla, but can't for the life of me see the appeal anymore. What gives you the urge to log in these days?

I'm wondering if for some of you it's just been battered in as part of your life like an addiction or there's something that you find compelling.

Last edited:

Palum

what Suineg set it to

Honest question - are people playing because of the game play or because of their guild / community / story / etc? I remember playing during vanilla, but can't for the life of me see the appeal anymore. What gives you the urge to log in these days?

I'm wondering if for some of you it's just been bettered in as part of your life like an addiction or there's something that you find compelling.

It's the only modern mmo still around worth a damn, tbh. That's not good, but it is what it is. I don't think I'm personally attached to it anymore (even though I did mythic raid in Legion), but it's just a fascinating genre and experience that has a draw all it's own. I'm sure I'll probably check out next expac as well for no good reason. It's a combination of the gameplay, ersatz community, rpg mechanics and elements and the solid pve experience in raiding for me.

I do wish another mmo would come out though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
I play for the guild, I still really like the world and lore even on older content, and the raid game is the best it's ever been.

Also what Palum said, pretty much every other MMO is garbage. I could easily stop playing and sink all my time back into single player and CSGO (or pubg now) and be satisfied, but I still really enjoy WoW. Usually by now I'd have quit the expansion twice already but Legion has been really solid imo.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Just got the manbearpig form for guardian spec. Was hearing how hard the tanking challenge is but its pretty stupid easy for druids seems like. Just stand out of range and thrash the mini boss down in phase one. Then pop incarn/drums/pot in phase two and avoid all the rng with good dps.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Literally everything is easy for druids, especially the tank tower. Grats though, werebear is ridiculous looking and I love it

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Literally everything is easy for druids, especially the tank tower. Grats though, werebear is ridiculous looking and I love it

Yah was 11 tries for the werebear and 5 tries for the feral skins. My hunter probaly had thirty something for marks while only needing 2 for bm but the feltotem challenge is objectively the easiest since it has zero dps requirements as long as you either break all the worms scales or have a healing lego.

• 1Solidarity

xzi

Mouthbreather
Prot pally took like 60+ tries while ret took me 2 lol. The differences in some of the challenges are just silly to be honest.

• 1Solidarity

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>

I'm wondering if for some of you it's just been battered in as part of your life like an addiction or there's something that you find compelling.

It's cheaper than crack and only slightly less addictive, but still just as bad for your health.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I play because the world and raid game are the best of any MMO ever. I'm sure eq was great, but that's long gone. Also, the guild is awesome. If I kept floating between guilds I'd probably have quit by now, but some dudes I've played with for years now.

I wouldn't say the KJ fight is indicative of how the game is, so noy sure why you used that as your measuring stick

• 1Like

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I play because playing MMOs with good people is fun, and this MMO generally has more attention paid to it than any other in terms of updates, QoL and polish. Generally. Let's not bring Blizzard RNG into this discussion because I'll look the fool.

• 1Like

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Did you have the bracers or legs when you did the druid mage tower? I haven't really gave it a go on the druid yet.

on a side note, Mythic Avatar is an interesting fight, we got phase2 down pretty well and now working on phase 1. its a tough fight and a lot of stuff can go wrong but it doesn't feel as punishing as mistress.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did you have the bracers or legs when you did the druid mage tower? I haven't really gave it a go on the druid yet.

on a side note, Mythic Avatar is an interesting fight, we got phase2 down pretty well and now working on phase 1. its a tough fight and a lot of stuff can go wrong but it doesn't feel as punishing as mistress.

How many rogues do you run?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I play because playing MMOs with good people is fun, and this MMO generally has more attention paid to it than any other in terms of updates, QoL and polish. Generally. Let's not bring Blizzard RNG into this discussion because I'll look the fool.
There's always some bullshit feature each expansion, unfortunately this one was rng. Though, despite that, it's my favorite expansion since wotlk

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
How many rogues do you run?

2 rogues. we are soaking the first dark marks, immuning (or rogue soaking) second, suiciding third on and we are able to do ~30% of his hp in phase 2 the nerfs to the soak damage is substantial.

now we just have to work on doing 70% in P1, we are doing the strat that requires letting him cap energy when maiden is at 1%.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider

Bracers and chest.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
I have absolutely 0 fucking idea how the nether shithole is supposed to work. Just more RNG bullshit injected directly up my ass I'm sure.