World of Warcraft: Current Year

Dom_sl

shitlord
Well it was supposed to require some dedication. If I recall correctly you couldn't train master (310%) riding early on, you just had to loot a mount that flew at that speed or get the mount from the holiday achieves. Now, the only benefit I guess to finishing is just to save 4k gold. I don't think most people care too much about the purple drake.
I don't think the mount gives you the 310% anymore, or any of the other 310 mounts for that matter. The drake itself isn't special, but a reward for what is a rather time consuming achievement that takes a lot of dedication (no breaks from WoW for a year... should reward 20 mounts) and the meta achievement being finished itself is where the reward is.

Anwyn_sl

shitlord
I don't think the mount gives you the 310% anymore, or any of the other 310 mounts for that matter. The drake itself isn't special, but a reward for what is a rather time consuming achievement that takes a lot of dedication (no breaks from WoW for a year... should reward 20 mounts) and the meta achievement being finished itself is where the reward is.
Except the Ach has been around for 4(?) years and it never needed to be done consecutively. So, it's not really all that much dedication to have logged in during those periods over a four year+ year period. That said, I still haven't done it because the world events are trash in my opinion. Only one I did was Noblegarden so I could have the title.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Yeah they should drop some of those harder metas then if the only reward for completing them all is a set of titles and an ugly drake that most won't use. I'll bet people will be trading flag returns and shit though and it will be pretty trivial to get.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Meta was worth it back when it granted the flying skill (at the time, it was very expensive). Now, not so much. The mount scaling was nice though, since it let you fly your favorite mount vs. the fastest one.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
So I've been back a bit now, and decided to see what was up with my old old Druid. Her gear is so screwed up, but I keep hearing Druids are pretty blah? Is it even worth giving it a shot and leveling up? What is recommended spec for leveling for a Druid?

Tanking is always fun, and I like the instant queues, but for leveling is another spec better?
Offspec at least another dmg spec while leveling; since you're gathering agi leather already do a feral spec off. It kills way faster, and if you get into trouble (by pulling too many, aggroing an elite/rare or something) you can still shift into bear form and be relatively tanky. (Though you have no crit immunity.)

Druids for dps I believe are running middle of the pack. I think feral can inch up in the middle of the top 10, but balance tends to be pretty subpar. I haven't paid much attention to tanking druids, but remarks and certain forums lead me to believe out of the current tanks it's the worst atm. Druid healers are also running completely bottom of the pack as well. In a 10 man we share that dubious status with shaman. Toolkit issue mainly; not enough burst, not enough smart heals, and not enough diversity amongst our heals.

They're still very fun to play, so don't let that detract. I started playing a druid because they were a strong solo class, and with a little know how you could solo things others couldn't. That last part isn't really true anymore; since so many classes got things that I feel are very necessary these days, and druids didn't because they already had other bonuses, there tends to be few things we can do that someone else can't do better. But we can still do *A lot* of things, so I think we'll probably still be looked at as the jack of all trades.

It probably doesn't help our case any that we have 4 specs versus 3 either.

Druid is probably the way to go just getting back in; you can literally try out all the types of roles and then swap to another class if you really like that particular role but no longer want to be a druid. (Or want to be more effective in that role.)

I wouldn't necessarily mind where we are for all specs if they just told us, Hey, you can do everything, so suck it up that you can't be really super competitive, but they keep trying to say that we're fine, and that all specs should be able to do relatively the same just differently.

Dom_sl

shitlord
Lore has provided some pretty decent shit for the community for some years now, so it's cool that he'll be working for blizz. It does suck that we'll lose all of that shit as a result, but I begrudge no man that turns his hobby into a dream job.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Offspec at least another dmg spec while leveling; since you're gathering agi leather already do a feral spec off. It kills way faster, and if you get into trouble (by pulling too many, aggroing an elite/rare or something) you can still shift into bear form and be relatively tanky. (Though you have no crit immunity.)
Ended up going Feral spec as main spec just because it's going to be the fastest leveling, and someone told me they have a lot more AoE DPS options now, which is so critical in dungeons, and even questing sometimes. My gear is still terrible, but the quest rewards are coming in fast and heavy, and everyone is going to be an upgrade to what I have already.

Also, helped to have all my abilities on my bar. Bitten's spell flash has taught me a lot of about how moves cause other things to happen...
smile.png

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
He's miserable. So he's pawning it off. He sees a parade of fun for some folks and tries his damnedest to piss on it.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Oh, how I forgot how dumb people can be in WoW. Just doing my first instances since playing my Druid again, at level 82, and in the 2 I've ran, I've had 2 tanks that were clueless on fight mechanics, even after taking time to explain, and another with the healer AFK letting the group die multiple times. Good times!! haha

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Speaking of lolore, in 5.3 we find out why there were Mists surrounding Pandaria and who the last Sha is. Any guesses as to who its controlling now?
wink.png

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Surely Garrosh is just a bad guy...please? I'm staying away from spoilers.

Oh, and just now started my farm...damn FarmVille shit is kinda fun. That's a beautiful zone.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Resubbed after a few months break and here are my thoughts.

The game is still good for a game of this age. I've played on and off since Vanilla, though I never raided til the LFR was introduced. People diss it a lot, and sure, it is often full of idiots, but for people like me it's an awesome way to get to know and see content I would never have been able to see before.

When I quit last I was lvl 90 but hadn't managed to get into minimum LFR ilvl gear, so my first priority was to get into that. The reason I quit first was because of the rep requirements just to be able to buy from the Valor/Justice vendors. Whoever thought that would be a good idea is a fucking idiot.

I finally managed to get into minimum gear last week and so I've managed to do two "weeks" worth of raiding at first tier (below ilvl 470). It was a damn site easier than LFR in Cata, maybe because people are now overgeared from higher tier raids. It was still quite fun. I hope it will get a bit tougher the higher I get, I thought Cata LFR was quite well tuned for what it was meant to do.

Overall, every time I quit, I always end up coming back, and I do enjoy myself in this game. But it does sometimes feel like I enjoy it not because of Blizzard's design philosophy, but in spite of it. That said, if they would only lay up on the whole "you need to faction grind to spend your V/J points" then that would really be great. I managed to pretty much fill up three lvl 85s on LFR and heroic gear back in Cata, but now I just don't see me doing the whole rep grind on more than one character.
frown.png

So, what will WoW 6.0 be? The Emerald Dream?

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
6.0 is looking to be something with the burning legion. Seems unlikely that they would pull out Sargeras (the corrupted/fallen Titan), but he's the leader so it's hard to say.

They're also continuing to drop hints that they will be removing player base segregation via hard coded factions. They could be trolling us but GC did say his favorite feature of the expansion hadn't been announced yet.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
6.0 is looking to be something with the burning legion. Seems unlikely that they would pull out Sargeras (the corrupted/fallen Titan), but he's the leader so it's hard to say.

They're also continuing to drop hints that they will be removing player base segregation via hard coded factions. They could be trolling us but GC did say his favorite feature of the expansion hadn't been announced yet.
I think i was the first person to state they are getting rid of factions in this thread and sticking by it.