World of Warcraft: Current Year

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I don't mind RNG in the bounds of Diablo, where loot rains from the heavens, and 50% of your time is sifting through shit or playing the Click Simulator picking up shit off the floor during a loot goblin. In the confines of World of Warcraft, things like wf/tf, the garbage tier relic system, and the trinket lottery for an Arcano, and you're stuck behind the confines of a weekly lottery, isn't fun. The lego lottery was/is especially punishing. They boosted drop rates on bosses and decreased the player cap for raids, so it looks like we're getting more loot, but then they added on all of these other systems that impede or flat lock you out of gear slots, it's ultimately not much different today than it was farming MC/BWL, just a lot more convoluted.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What're the chances they'll do a promo with New xpac + Legion closer to release? Forgot to play through this expansion.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I get why people hate wf/tf but I would literally never do a m+ or raid again if they weren't in the game. I'd be completely done with this expansion. I have what I want, why would I keep playing? It's both a good and bad thing, because it's the MMO carrot on a stick endless grind, but without it I would've unsubbed just like I always do at the end of expansions.

I mean, aside from playing with bros of course.

I do think the system could use refining though, one of my favorite proposed ideas has always been to allow warforge up to the base level of the next tier and titanforge to the base level of 2 tiers above. So normal wf -> heroic and normal tf ->mythic etc. It still puts in place caps and you still get that dopamine rush of a huge item and everyone wins.

Except next expansion, fuck weapons warforging that's stupid and they won't balance it right so I don't know why they're even going to try.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I get why people hate wf/tf but I would literally never do a m+ or raid again if they weren't in the game. I'd be completely done with this expansion. I have what I want, why would I keep playing? It's both a good and bad thing, because it's the MMO carrot on a stick endless grind, but without it I would've unsubbed just like I always do at the end of expansions.

I mean, aside from playing with bros of course.

I do think the system could use refining though, one of my favorite proposed ideas has always been to allow warforge up to the base level of the next tier and titanforge to the base level of 2 tiers above. So normal wf -> heroic and normal tf ->mythic etc. It still puts in place caps and you still get that dopamine rush of a huge item and everyone wins.

Except next expansion, fuck weapons warforging that's stupid and they won't balance it right so I don't know why they're even going to try.

After one and 1/2 years with the expansion of playing almost every day for hours on end I think it's ok to finally be done with it. The grind just goes a little to far at times.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I don't mind RNG in the bounds of Diablo, where loot rains from the heavens, and 50% of your time is sifting through shit or playing the Click Simulator picking up shit off the floor during a loot goblin. In the confines of World of Warcraft, things like wf/tf, the garbage tier relic system, and the trinket lottery for an Arcano, and you're stuck behind the confines of a weekly lottery, isn't fun. The lego lottery was/is especially punishing. They boosted drop rates on bosses and decreased the player cap for raids, so it looks like we're getting more loot, but then they added on all of these other systems that impede or flat lock you out of gear slots, it's ultimately not much different today than it was farming MC/BWL, just a lot more convoluted.

The legendary/Arcano "lotteries" were major reasons why I stopped playing after six or seven months.

I thought Legion was a "cool" expansion pack: I liked the setting, the leveling content was solid, and some of the ideas were pretty cool. Some of the game systems were mad fucking retarded, and being so heavily RNG based was a slog.

A very pretty product on the outside, with some real bad internal systems. I still enjoyed it, but once you get to a point where you were just logging on to do some WQs so you could send your minions to run missions on your phone, or logging in to do the shitty AP grind with your two-three really bad legendaries... it just became too much of a chore, that was still dictated in large, by randomness.

norp

Bronze Squire
Legendary items should never have been random. We should of had some kind of currency system day 1 and been able to purchase them. Other then that, Legion was a solid expansion.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Khane Khane - I started as guardian druid but I have fucked up working hours so I switched to huntard for raiding to find a dps spot. Was it deflating loading up and comparing my numbers to others and seeing my shit in the grey or blue? Sure. I was pretty close to my Sims so I didn't care as much.

I guess my point is that system sucked but the expansion was pretty cool over all. I liked it a lot more then wod or panda.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Random aside..... huntards underwhelming still? Just going off recent comments. Was thinking of one as my 3rd 110 just to do some dinasaur pets since the awesome ones added in pandaria etc. (And rekindled interest after the suramar jurassic park quest) Or maybe a rogue so I can open fking boxes. Something other than War/Pal kinda in a fixed archetype lol.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
We did it boys!

28085yq.jpg

Rime

<Donor>

Weapons will be 'limited' to Warforging, according to them. I wish weapons and trinkets were exempt from the WF/TF system and were just locked in stone as a singular difficulty drop.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
I've had a lot of fun with Legion, most things were fine overall. I have some complaints with tuning in ToS, and EN, NH and ABT felt great. Lego's were a shitty shitty system that i dont think anyone enjoyed. the expansion was extremely alt unfriendly for the first 75% of the expansion (this was remedied) except for the lego portion.

Im glad they are swapping ability scaling to AP and not on weapon damage, so it makes several classes less weapon dependent than before. the fixes to WF/TF are great, weapons limited to wf is awesome, gives people something to look forward to but not incentive to run something looking for that mythical +40 ilevel TF.

things are looking optimistic for bfa.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Its kind of funny, aside from the obvious coven anti melee bias ranged sucks balls in Antorus if you aren't an afflic warlock or shadow priest. Melee dps is so much more dynamic and rewarding in there. You have one fight where boomy is good (high command) and one for ele (portal keeper) the rest is just meh. I've not been impressed with any hunter/mage/boomy/ele numbers on any other fight.

Zhro

Silver Knight of the Realm
I guessed I missed the memo on the pantheon trinket upgrade item is not guaranteed and I must have been lucky with my warrior getting one every week since Antorus released as well as everyone else I know.

First Argus kill on DK and didn't get one last week and put a ticket in because I thought it goofed and the GM told me to get fucked and it only has a chance drop. Literally the most retarded thing to make the upgrade item be only a chance and I feel like calling bullshit since I've gotten 1 every week on my warrior and I'm just salty about it.