World of Warcraft: Current Year

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Its kind of funny, aside from the obvious coven anti melee bias ranged sucks balls in Antorus if you aren't an afflic warlock or shadow priest. Melee dps is so much more dynamic and rewarding in there. You have one fight where boomy is good (high command) and one for ele (portal keeper) the rest is just meh. I've not been impressed with any hunter/mage/boomy/ele numbers on any other fight.
You get punished on most fights for having more melee than ranged

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
You get punished on most fights for having more melee than ranged

That's just the nature of WoW raiding since forever. Doesn't mean that the raid isn't ass for ranged in general though. Plus most ranged are very meh from a numbers to fun standpoint outside of their niche fight.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I guessed I missed the memo on the pantheon trinket upgrade item is not guaranteed and I must have been lucky with my warrior getting one every week since Antorus released as well as everyone else I know.

First Argus kill on DK and didn't get one last week and put a ticket in because I thought it goofed and the GM told me to get fucked and it only has a chance drop. Literally the most retarded thing to make the upgrade item be only a chance and I feel like calling bullshit since I've gotten 1 every week on my warrior and I'm just salty about it.

First kill of Argus does not drop a token, every kill after will. I think they made it that way due to mythic not being open the first week, or something to that effect.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
First kill of Argus does not drop a token, every kill after will. I think they made it that way due to mythic not being open the first week, or something to that effect.

This is correct, also the fact that their customer service team doesn't know jack and shit is often to be expected. I can't imagine the sheer volume of tickets Bliz gets from dipshit morons but the first tier customer service people might as well be from Indian call center cutting and pasting answers most of the time. When you get to the next level or two they often actually know enough to explain shit.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I have been happy and sad that my new schedule has pretty much assfucked me in terms of raiding. I love all the FOH bros, but I am pretty shit at WOW. I have 0 desire to login, but it's a habit that itches once in a while. I'll probably get back in gear in a few weeks once I am fully in sync with the new schedule.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Its kind of funny, aside from the obvious coven anti melee bias ranged sucks balls in Antorus if you aren't an afflic warlock or shadow priest. Melee dps is so much more dynamic and rewarding in there. You have one fight where boomy is good (high command) and one for ele (portal keeper) the rest is just meh. I've not been impressed with any hunter/mage/boomy/ele numbers on any other fight.

At least we get one fight this raid (AHC). Coven, also, if tanks orient things in the right place. The rest just completely shits on the concept of boomkins ability to turret, which is still last on single target under Patchwerk situations. Hey, I'm also good at clearing trash. *confetti*

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Missed last night's raid. Got off work at 10pm and completely forgot it was even Monday. Fuck it. Yall still got portal down.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
At least we get one fight this raid (AHC). Coven, also, if tanks orient things in the right place. The rest just completely shits on the concept of boomkins ability to turret, which is still last on single target under Patchwerk situations. Hey, I'm also good at clearing trash. *confetti*

My main is a druid I switch between Feral and balance as needed. At least in ToS Boomy was good. I suppose we still have mythic+ in fortified weeks to hang our beaky hats on. Antorus has too much pure single or low health/too few adds for balance to really get rolling.

Rime

<Donor>
Blizzard said:
Since the Patch 7.3.5 change to use personal loot rules in leveling dungeons, we’ve heard a lot of feedback from Transmog hunters concerned about how this has affected the ability to collect appearances from older content. We hear you, and agree it’s a problem, so we’ve been working on a more robust solution for Battle for Azeroth.

Once these updates are implemented, entering a dungeon or raid that is trivial for you (i.e.: your character is 10 or more levels higher than the dungeon or raid’s intended level) will activate a “legacy loot mode.” That loot mode will work like this:

• The number of items dropped by bosses will be the same as it would have been if you were in a full party. So if you’re in a 5-player dungeon, you’ll get 5 players’ worth of loot.
  • For raids with a flexible raid size (such as Raid Finder), this will act as though there were 20 players in the raid.
  • All items on the loot table will have a chance to drop, not just the ones that are designated for your spec.
  • If you have multiple players in the group, the loot will be split among those players, but be tradeable. For example, if you’re clearing with one other player and kill a boss that should drop 4 items, you’ll each be able to pick up two items and trade them between each other if you like.
While the personal loot change was a key part of what allowed us to expand leveling dungeons to encompass a wider range of levels, and we’re happy with it in that environment, we recognize that it’s not a great experience for those who enjoy clearing older content for transmog, and hope that these changes will make that more enjoyable once they’re complete.

Thanks again for all of the feedback!

About time. Wish it was now, instead of six months from now -_-

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Please let that mean legacy raids will be personal loot now and that the mounts will be part of those personal loot tables.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
My main is a druid I switch between Feral and balance as needed. At least in ToS Boomy was good. I suppose we still have mythic+ in fortified weeks to hang our beaky hats on. Antorus has too much pure single or low health/too few adds for balance to really get rolling.

I've tinkered with feral, but have shit for trinkets and relics, and have only recently bothered focusing on it, even if I have the three best feral legos. Again with the hurdles, and having to play a spec I'm not even interested in. Meh. Maybe next expansion.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
I've tinkered with feral, but have shit for trinkets and relics, and have only recently bothered focusing on it, even if I have the three best feral legos. Again with the hurdles, and having to play a spec I'm not even interested in. Meh. Maybe next expansion.

Feral is a ton of fun and is actually solidly good in antorus. We have 4 very strong fights and the rest are middle of the pack up. Can be a bit of a trip coming from boomy though because the balance "rotation" is very free floating with the only hard and fast rule being not to cap astral power/moons/empowerments. Feral while easier now then pre-rework still has snapshotting and requires you to keep up at least three (four once you scale in to lunar inspiration over blood scent) dots/buffs to do max output. So a lot more restricted.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Feral is a ton of fun and is actually solidly good in antorus. We have 4 very strong fights and the rest are middle of the pack up. Can be a bit of a trip coming from boomy though because the balance "rotation" is very free floating with the only hard and fast rule being not to cap astral power/moons/empowerments. Feral while easier now then pre-rework still has snapshotting and requires you to keep up at least three (four once you scale in to lunar inspiration over blood scent) dots/buffs to do max output. So a lot more restricted.

If I can pick up a couple solid trinkets I may give it a run, but so far my practice rounds with dummies are less than my moonkin. Would gladly bring a more solid single target dps to the group.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What're the chances they'll do a promo with New xpac + Legion closer to release? Forgot to play through this expansion.

They'll discount the previous expansion, but will still full charge the current expansion.

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Other than locks all ranged are middle of the pack, what are you druids crying about.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
You just need to be an omni-Warlock that has top end gear for all three specs. They probably figure anyone who picks a class called "Warlock" enjoys having painful objects shoved up their ass, so it works out.