World of Warcraft: Current Year

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Anyone know of an addon that shows legion style portals for all dungeons AND removes fog of war on the world map? Leatrix Plus used to do both but it is not working since the patch even though the addon says it's been updated for 8.0

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Anyone know of an addon that shows legion style portals for all dungeons AND removes fog of war on the world map? Leatrix Plus used to do both but it is not working since the patch even though the addon says it's been updated for 8.0
There were (apparently) massive map changes and all of those addons are semi-working at best right now. Carbonite is in the same boat. All of the things that used to show on its maps no longer work at this point; I have to open the Blizzard world map to see them. I'm sure fixes are coming.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sarrow

<Gold Donor>
It felt like yesterday some of the icons and changes to the map weren’t even HD. They definitely did something with it because things looked blurry compared to a couple of days ago.

That or I had too many beers before playing.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Demo warlock is really fun. I like the ramping feedback loop they built into it. Once a fight's been going on for a little while you're barely pressing your Shadowbolt anymore, because the demons keep generating more shards to summon more demons.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yup once you start rolling the imps dying are fueling your demon bolts to get you shards pretty fast so you are just shadowbolting now and then if you get a dry spell.

Serpens

<Silver Donator>
I don't play my prot warrior much, but checking on the spell and talent changes why would anyone ever take the Devastator talent? With it you lose Devastate, which makes your shortest unhasted cooldowns 3, 6 and 9 seconds (Revenge, Shield Slam, Thunder Clap). So you would be sitting on your ass not clicking anything for a long time. Or am I missing something?

Malkav

French Madman
There are actually some people that like rotations that are not GCD capped.
In my opinion, spammable fillers like Devastate, Shear, Demon's Bite are just plain boring and a pain in the ass.

At least the filler fot the new Fury is Whirlwind and is damn satisfying to hit.

Needless

Toe Sucker
i've always done destro on my lock since like tbc, but demo actually looks really neat in BFA. I might have to switch

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
How is pally looking? I'm thinking about resubbing for BFA, but not if it is going to be a worthless shitshow for the first month.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't play my prot warrior much, but checking on the spell and talent changes why would anyone ever take the Devastator talent? With it you lose Devastate, which makes your shortest unhasted cooldowns 3, 6 and 9 seconds (Revenge, Shield Slam, Thunder Clap). So you would be sitting on your ass not clicking anything for a long time. Or am I missing something?

At least in legion it was tuned up really high so while it made the rotation somewhat boring it the damage it did and the rage it generated made it the best option compared to the other two talents it competed against. I am not sure if that continued into BfA. The plus side it lets you concentrate on your active mitigation and boss stuff more.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
How is pally looking? I'm thinking about resubbing for BFA, but not if it is going to be a worthless shitshow for the first month.

Ret is simming really high for the first BFA tier of raiding single target, cleave/aoe is terrible compared to Legion. It's trimmed down and the rotation feels a ton slower, but it's still satisfying to play. I like the prot changes as well and it's in a decent spot.

Holy, can't comment on. I don't know a single real man who plays a healer

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather

Really solid right now, prot feels weird with the GCD changes. Sac aura was changed and I hate it, but the rest of the spec is good. Ret feels in an even better place now thankfully.
I think it's going to be similar to legion in which paladin is midtier and receive very little balancing until things get goofy late expansion. Which honestly was kind of nice.

Holy is even more fun in dungeons now though cause you're a DPS idiot like it should have been when they wanted to make a "battle healer". Raids we're remaining tank healers.

• 1Like

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Can't decide between warlock and rogue. I suck at rogue but it's so much fun.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
It felt like yesterday some of the icons and changes to the map weren’t even HD. They definitely did something with it because things looked blurry compared to a couple of days ago.

That or I had too many beers before playing.

Heard this complaint in trade chat. Anyone mounting and then having to cast it again? I keep porting to Stormwind and running outside of the mage tower, clicking my mount, hearing the firebird noise, and then running off the tower, only to fall flat on my face.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It used to cause your autoattacks to generate 5 rage and have a 30% chance to reset SS cooldown, on the same row as a talent that gave 25% more HP. From a DPS/rage perspective this talent won hands down.

In terms of prot warrior for BfA I dont know what warriors will be choosing, but on the surface it still seems like the better talent in the tier. But I haven't played mine in forever.

• 1Like

Khane

It's official, legacy loot only working on raids you are 11 levels or higher than is intended. They don't want you transmog hunting in the previous expansion, they want it to be 2 expansions or more in the past. He's also under the impression it's going to be hard to solo Raid Finder and Normal Mode Legion raids through BfA. Good work Ion. Clueless as usual.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Oh... and you certainly would never just make a small 5 person or so group to go farm the t-mog stuff in older expansions. Of course not...

Thanks forced personal loot! Now there's a good chance even if you take a 5 person group into a Legion raid in BfA you'll get exactly jack and shit. Hope you guys got your Taeschalach or Argus Scythes while it was still current!