World of Warcraft: Current Year

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Add ons are a crutch! If you broke your ankle would you use crutches? No! You'd man up and learn how to walk on your fucking hands!
This actually makes complete sense if you imagine it coming from Jack Burton's mouth.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I play Disc Priest and I'm also coming back after years, I'm figuring the same thing out. Here is where I'm at.

Every damage spell is the same macro (from memory, hope it's right, may be a [harm] tag in there too):
#showtooltip
/targettarget spellname

Then I just target the tank, cast PWS then do my damage rotation which all target the tank's target. Refresh PWS every 15 seconds.
If I need to do AOE healing, I cast Power Word: Radiance then continue my damage rotation. I don't cast PWS on everyone individually it's too tedious, so I don't need to track it.

I've solo healed heroics effortlessly and also done raidfinder Argus the Unmaker. Item level 200, I've been playing for under a week.

An alternatve to consider is instead macroing the heal spells the same way and target the enemy you are dpsing, then you PWS whatever the enemy targets.

Thank you, this looks to be what I'm after. Right now I'm really battling the interface and I know that's just not necessary.

edit - three macros later and life is immediately better. This must be how the ape from 2001 felt when he discovered technology.

Last edited:

Xaven

Molten Core Raider
Converted enough gold into Blizzard Bucks to buy BFA for all three accounts (all 12 classes @110) but really debating if I should. This expansion feels like a complete cop out from Blizzard. And if the pre-patch is any indication, there are going to be a lot of bugs and terrible decisions that lead to unfun game play. Part of me really hopes this expansion tanks and the responsible parties are "re-assigned" a month into BFA.

My alternative is to spend that money on Hearthstone so I can Pay-to-Win like a pro.

Anyone else debating or recently decided one way or the other? Would like to hear your thoughts.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
overall it seems underwhelming so far, but it is still the best mmo on the market. So if you want to play an mmo...

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
My alternative is to spend that money on Hearthstone so I can Pay-to-Win like a pro.

I truly can't see how this is a winning move. BfA is going to be around for a long time. Any kind of p2w in Hearthstone is going to be pretty fleeting. If you want to be in on whatever happens to WoW in the long-term, it's not even a question in my mind. Even if BfA tanks at the beginning, prior example says that it's going to get better eventually (see: WoD, Legion).

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Are tradeskills more flavor/preference now? We're nowhere near WotLK levels of mandatoryness right?
Yeah but BFA is bringing some BoP items into the mix like for JC there is a 5% EXP and 3% runspeed gem that are BoP.

Also each tradeskill gets an item for their followers to bring back mats from missions.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah but BFA is bringing some BoP items into the mix like for JC there is a 5% EXP and 3% runspeed gem that are BoP.

Also each tradeskill gets an item for their followers to bring back mats from missions.

XP gem was not BoP on beta, and nether the XP or runspeed is showing BoP on live.

Alchemy still gets 2 hour flasks, but other than that, none of the other trade skills will matter in raid.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
So go Alch/Eng for the fun stuff? I can't for the life of me decide on a class. I have a 100 boost I want to do now, level to 110. Try out DH, then of course I have a 110 boost that I'll keep in reserve if I hate both those classes.

I'm flipping all over the place.

Last edited:

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Ya same. On one hand fury is fucking allsome, but don’t like prot. Like prot pally but ret compared to fury is meh. DH dps is ok, and dh tank feels excellent. Basically I got no fuckin clue what to play

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
A lot of people get hung up on what to play but you're gonna level so fast that getting s bunch to max level isn't going to be hard.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Meh, I dont wanna spend my time leveling, been there done that, also not that much time left before expansion so I'm being a total bitch about deciding.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I get it, just saying it's not a world ending decision. It's not like back in the day when it took forever to level and if you made a shitty choice you were stuck.

• 1Like

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Have they lowered the exp needed to get from 100-110? Have a 99 rogue I may or may not play if I'm bored.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So I'm not the only one that can never decide on a class? Good to know!!

One of us! One of us!

I'm hopping between Druid, Warlock, or Hunter at the moment.

• 1Solidarity

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Have they lowered the exp needed to get from 100-110? Have a 99 rogue I may or may not play if I'm bored.
Feels like they have, but that's just anecdotal evidence. However, I have been leveling alts just doing broken isle legion assaults. Leveling scaling made it much easier for low level characters to complete without help, getting close to half a level per invasion.