World of Warcraft: Current Year

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I use kui nameplates and it makes it easier on default alone to see everything better. There's also options that you can change to further improve on that.

(edit) here's an example:

kui1.jpg

You can see it without the arrows normally, but under the General tab you can add the arrows for better effect.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Very noob question, just getting back into game and I'm finding in dungeons it's hard to see which mob I have targeted when there is a big pile of players and mobs, is there an in game setting or add on to adjust this?

Elvui dude. It is the complete package of everything you need to get started, but is also highly customizable once you know what you want. It comes package with nameplates that are very similar to Kui Nameplates and make it very easy to see what you are targeting.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Pre-customized elvUI with a few other addons. Explains exactly how to set it up etc. Weak Auras for each spec etc.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

If you don't have the archaeology moose mount yet, now is the time to get it. About 10 days left. Will require you to complete about 25 digsites in Highmountain. Each dig gets you at least 1750 exp, so completing a site (1750 x 9) is similar to completing a low level BFA quest. I think Blizzard forgot to nerf that exp.

What happens in 10 days?

Exp isn't that great because the highmountain digsites are fucking dogshit (fuck that Hurn Pass site especially with the giants tossing boulders everywhere). I'm doing it on an alt

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What happens in 10 days?

Exp isn't that great because the highmountain digsites are fucking dogshit (fuck that Hurn Pass site especially with the giants tossing boulders everywhere). I'm doing it on an alt
The archeology zones are open for two weeks and rotate back every 6 months or something.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Nothing brings on the feeling of being at war like tons of single player quests

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

They aren't single player quests. It is you vs. the quest vs. a 8 man Horde gank squad of rogues and demon hunters that appear out of fucking nowhere and gangbang your character.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

General Antony

Vyemm Raider
Does anyone notice the lack of magical DPS on the meters? Except for big Mage AOE pulls it seems like good melee is always out damaging good ranged.

• 2Like

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Does anyone notice the lack of magical DPS on the meters? Except for big Mage AOE pulls it seems like good melee is always out damaging good ranged.
I can get some crazy burst AE on Demonology (3 different sources of AE that can occur simultaneously*), but it dies out just as quickly. Destruction and Affliction are more AE over time; Incinerate (via Fire and Brimstone) and Hand of Gul'dan are the closest to sustained AE for Warlocks. (Seed of Corruption spam is a bit harder to evaluate since it has a hefty cast time relative to Destruction and Demonology's AE talents.)

* Bilescourge Bombers during a Felstorm with 4+ Imp Implosion. If you want crazy numbers, Demonic Strength has you covered. Felguard does 2-4k/sec (noncrit) per target. Adds up quick and doesn't put Felstorm on cooldown, but the 60s wait for your next super Felstorm is almost physically painful.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Casters always lag behind melee at the beginning of an expansion because of weapons dps.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I really do not like how they have spread the world quests over 2 areas. I know it's a narrative thing with the war going on and such but it's just so tedious. And why isn't the entire Dazar'alor a rest area? At least they have made dungeons rather nice.

• 1Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Elvui dude. It is the complete package of everything you need to get started, but is also highly customizable once you know what you want. It comes package with nameplates that are very similar to Kui Nameplates and make it very easy to see what you are targeting.

TY will get it loaded up

• 2Like

General Antony

Vyemm Raider
Casters always lag behind melee at the beginning of an expansion because of weapons dps.

I don't see how this is true because there are obvious counter-examples like TBC, but regardless wasn't the move toward basing abilities on attack power instead of weapon damage supposed to take care of this? Even if not why is it that hard to just shift caster stats to depend as much on the weapon slot for output as physical?

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Granted we dont include the Auction House or people with great luck on drops of perfect secondaries 355 weapons - most people are just replacing gear so quickly right now that secondaries are complete trash. Only since Ive been in my 330's have I really started to be able to fine tune what gear Im wearing. Up into the 320's I was basically just trying to maximize item level, and before I knew it - most of my gear was Versatility/Mastery. Which in all honesty, I wish I just would have went Fire Mage and then Id be set. But my crit Haste is coming along quite nicely now.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Was that some sploit I missed while away when ICC came out?

It was Ensidia (Nihilum and Curse megaguild) that found out Saronite bombs would for some reason allow the Lich King platforms to stay up so they had an insane amount of room. They claim they didn't know it was an exploit and I still kind of believe them because all their rogues were using Saronite bombs on every single fight prior to that as well.

The entire guild got banned for 72hrs and had their server/world first revoked and then Paragon got the world first kill instead like a day later.

• 1Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Morrow it's because as long as you perform a single action to buy a single auction its legal. So when tsm is set to buy on scroll wheel up/down imagine how fast I can purchase shit over someone like you using no mod.

Ah so it's a scroll wheel keybind? What about the server lag? When I buy something there's a delay before I can even do anything. Does TSM get past that?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It was Ensidia (Nihilum and Curse megaguild) that found out Saronite bombs would for some reason allow the Lich King platforms to stay up so they had an insane amount of room. They claim they didn't know it was an exploit and I still kind of believe them because all their rogues were using Saronite bombs on every single fight prior to that as well.

The entire guild got banned for 72hrs and had their server/world first revoked and then Paragon got the world first kill instead like a day later.
Yeah, their rogues used the bombs for a minor DPS increase (min/max to the extreme). After the outer platforms "disappeared" you would get the valkyrs which would pick raid members up and drop them off the edge to their death if you didn't kill them fast enough. But it turns out if one of the rogues did a bomb close to the edge where the missing platforms were they would "somehow" take siege damage from it and due to funky coding cause the platforms to reset and respawn. This meant that no one could die to the valkyrs since they would land on platforms that shouldn't be there any more.