World of Warcraft: Current Year

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I wonder if they didn't just blow their load on Legion. It had so many neat new ideas and things to keep us occupied and was a breath of fresh air after the stink of WoD. BFA just feels... uninspired, and a step back.
It honestly literally had to be, but I feel they notched it back so far that vanilla would feel fresh.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I mean, if you didn't like Legion you're not gonna like BFA. People have been saying that for over a year now. I don't find it to be a step back as much as it is just more of the same. Which I'm fine with for the most part. Everyone else has already said it but it's honestly real retarded they didn't add a 120 talent row, I'm not sure what they were thinking. I know Azerite is a means to replace that instead but it still feels weird.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
I mean, if you didn't like Legion you're not gonna like BFA. People have been saying that for over a year now. I don't find it to be a step back as much as it is just more of the same. Which I'm fine with for the most part. Everyone else has already said it but it's honestly real retarded they didn't add a 120 talent row, I'm not sure what they were thinking. I know Azerite is a means to replace that instead but it still feels weird.

I really did like legion aside from early legendary badness. I just dont like it enough to play two more years of a gimped version of it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm really enjoying BFA so far. Their art game took a huge leap. The new territories look fantastic and the change in their main composer was a welcome one (Legion had intolerably repetitive songs for The Burning Legion itself). I know I'm in the minority when it comes to keeping the music on, though.

I think the complexity of the expansion will magnify greatly with each tier, and I think it's neat that each tier will offer its own talents in the form of Azerite Powers.

The Island expedition are fun, imo.

Zuldazar and Boralus are great.

I understand why they simplified the classes again, but I do hope that we see some major changes with the tuning.

I just hope that we end up with the variety of tasks that we had in Legion.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
the change in their main composer was a welcome one (Legion had intolerably repetitive songs for The Burning Legion itself). I know I'm in the minority when it comes to keeping the music on, though.

I was pretty pissed initially when Brower was forced out due to the music outsourcing/shakeup. His work made for much of the nostalgia that kept me coming back from the game. But I've really enjoyed the music I've heard in BFA, moreso than Legion's for sure.

And before anyone bothers: We fucking get it. You play with the sound off. Fuckers are worse than Vegans.

• 5Worf
  • 4Like
Reactions: 8 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
I gotta admit I LOVE how simple but stylized the new transmogs are. Kul-Tiran armor looks so fucking good on everybody and they big warhammer you can get that has an anchor on it? That's my jam right there.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
Speaking of Azerite Traits, what have you found out there that has a significant impact on your damage and/or playstyle?
Seismic Wave is doing wonders for me on Arms Warrior and I saw a DH doing a lot of damage with Unbound Chaos.
They are both just added damage on some ability but that kinda change the way you have to think to squeeze that dps I guess.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I was pretty pissed initially when Brower was forced out due to the music outsourcing/shakeup. His work made for much of the nostalgia that kept me coming back from the game. But I've really enjoyed the music I've heard in BFA, moreso than Legion's for sure.

And before anyone bothers: We fucking get it. You play with the sound off. Fuckers are worse than Vegans.

Haha. Playing with the sound off doesn't make you elite, it just means you're missing out.

• 1Like

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is actually the first expansion since Pandaria that I've played w/ the music on and don't regret it at all. Some real good tracks in this one. I became so used to mindless leveling in previous expansions that I've got to consciously tell myself not to put on a movie, or background music. Just enjoy the 'journey' and let myself get immersed as much as possible. Something I haven't done in an MMO in quite a while honestly.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
343 after unlocking and getting through all the mythics this week. I did break down and buy a couple BOEs. Not a bad start. I can't commit to a mythic raid schedule anymore so just enjoying the start. Poopsocking the very beginning of an expansion has always been fun.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I liked this. Spoilered for size.

qqewrb7t61h11.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Does anyone notice the lack of magical DPS on the meters? Except for big Mage AOE pulls it seems like good melee is always out damaging good ranged.

Can't match melee on trash right now with how little hp they have, it's more even on bosses

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
343 after unlocking and getting through all the mythics this week. I did break down and buy a couple BOEs. Not a bad start. I can't commit to a mythic raid schedule anymore so just enjoying the start. Poopsocking the very beginning of an expansion has always been fun.
Curious why you felt compelled to buy BOEs in this case

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Don't know how long this has been in the game, but you can now queue as the opposite faction if your server group has excessive waiting times for BGs. Used to be horde had instant queues, now I'm waiting for over an hour for 40-man BG to pop. Queue as alliance, and it's a few minutes wait at best. Also, alliance lose AV all the time now it seems.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Don't know how long this has been in the game, but you can now queue as the opposite faction if your server group has excessive waiting times for BGs. Used to be horde had instant queues, now I'm waiting for over an hour for 40-man BG to pop. Queue as alliance, and it's a few minutes wait at best. Also, alliance lose AV all the time now it seems.
All I want to know about this is: Does it turn you into a gnome if you queue as Alliance when you're actually Horde?

If it does, I'll never queue as Horde again. Murdering people as a gnome is what's best in life.

• 1Salty

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
The BG faction changeroo thing was implemented a while back, but a lot of people aren't big on BGs and mostly have gripes about them, so I think it just rarely comes up.

Juvarisx

Florida
All I want to know about this is: Does it turn you into a gnome if you queue as Alliance when you're actually Horde?

If it does, I'll never queue as Horde again. Murdering people as a gnome is what's best in life.

It depends on what race you are mostly. Goblins typical change to gnomes except if you are a goblin shaman or hunter in which case you turn into a dwarf

Guide to Mercenary PvP Mode first comment there

wanand

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Been trying to get the 3 diferent maps done for the Island Expiditions, I must have around around 20-25 of the things but Un'gol Ruins map just will not pop for me. I fucking hate the things get such a crappy ammount of azorite from them and thats it, but they hiding the campaign research stuff behind them so force you to run it.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The more time I spend in Dazar'alor the more I can't help but think Blizzard is trolling us. Only the very top of the pyramid is considered a rest area and have you tried leveling cooking yet? The trainer is at the top of the pyramid but there are no vendors that sell any of the reagents you need for cooking up there. They are down at the bottom of the pyramid.

EDIT: Dammit. I guess there's another cooking trainer near the boat but wowhead didn't have him listed as a trainer when I searched. Fuckin pyramid!!!!

• 1Like