World of Warcraft: Current Year

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I gotta admit I LOVE how simple but stylized the new transmogs are. Kul-Tiran armor looks so fucking good on everybody and they big warhammer you can get that has an anchor on it? That's my jam right there.

I agree even the basic level up gear and greens look really good. Good attention to detail on even the base gear is really nice. Sometimes its fun to have fucking volcanos on your shoulders but sometimes having a set of gear that looks good and like a normal person would wear is fun too.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Been trying to get the 3 diferent maps done for the Island Expiditions, I must have around around 20-25 of the things but Un'gol Ruins map just will not pop for me. I fucking hate the things get such a crappy ammount of azorite from them and thats it, but they hiding the campaign research stuff behind them so force you to run it.

I think for now they seem worth doing for the weekly quest as its a pretty big slab of azurite + rep with 7th legion but I am not going to be grinding these things. I am kinda bewildered why they don't let you queue for these from the group finder and force you to use the table.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The more time I spend in Dazar'alor the more I can't help but think Blizzard is trolling us. Only the very top of the pyramid is considered a rest area and have you tried leveling cooking yet? The trainer is at the top of the pyramid but there are no vendors that sell any of the reagents you need for cooking up there. They are down at the bottom of the pyramid.

EDIT: Dammit. I guess there's another cooking trainer near the boat but wowhead didn't have him listed as a trainer when I searched. Fuckin pyramid!!!!
There's also a rest area over near the boat.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
A lot of the issues that I have and several people have with this expansion I can chalk up to just creative differences.

The layout and terribleness of the horde capital just screams of senior designer having a specific "vision" and nobody having the balls to tell them no.

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't mind the city. I do wish I had chosen the wind loa instead of the speed one because the speed doesn't effect your mounted speed or travel form.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
WOW now has these "communities" for like a cross-realm guild. Is there one for FOH? Its like a shared chat channel.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Vision is nice, but even that can be implemented just fine with some conveniences.

The temple itself could have things improved with a mailbox down near the profession trainers. Also, how come the temple has an elevator at the top two levels, but they couldn't implement one the whole way down? That would've made things easier.

There's an area with vendors and an inn northwest of the Horde temple that would be a great secondary spot - if it actually had a mailbox and the flight point at the Sliver was there instead.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
WOW now has these "communities" for like a cross-realm guild. Is there one for FOH? Its like a shared chat channel.
Yeah, there is one, @a_skeleton_03 owns it. I don't know if the rest of us can invite to it. I can't look it up from work, but I'll add it to the guild post OP when I get home.

Honestly, Discord is a lot better, though.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Speaking of Azerite Traits, what have you found out there that has a significant impact on your damage and/or playstyle?
Seismic Wave is doing wonders for me on Arms Warrior and I saw a DH doing a lot of damage with Unbound Chaos.
They are both just added damage on some ability but that kinda change the way you have to think to squeeze that dps I guess.
It's by no means the best trait for Demonology, but I'll be damned if I don't love Forbidden Knowledge (Call Dreadstalkers has a chance to make your next non-instant Demonbolt hit VERY HARD). The fact that the traits can stack makes for some very big numbers. 28k crits please me.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's by no means the best trait for Demonology, but I'll be damned if I don't love Forbidden Knowledge (Call Dreadstalkers has a chance to make your next non-instant Demonbolt hit VERY HARD). The fact that the traits can stack makes for some very big numbers. 28k crits please me.

I finally got one of those and I am trying to figure if I want that active or not. The alternative on mine is pretty nice as well on a crit I get a bunch of haste and the more crits I get in that window increases the duration of the buff. But yes once I get enough haste I think I will switch back when that shit procs I was landing some gigantic post squish numbers with the non instant demon bolts.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
I finally got one of those and I am trying to figure if I want that active or not. The alternative on mine is pretty nice as well on a crit I get a bunch of haste and the more crits I get in that window increases the duration of the buff. But yes once I get enough haste I think I will switch back when that shit procs I was landing some gigantic post squish numbers with the non instant demon bolts.
It's a real pain on instance trash though, I discovered. If I want to actually land anything in an instance reliably, it's basically Bilescourge Bombers and/or Felstorm. (I'd use Dreadlash as my AE talent if it didn't flat out fail to do damage a portion of the time.) Something that doesn't require specific targets other than the ground, in other words. :p I'm exaggerating a little, but not by much.

Junun

Silver Knight of the Realm
I don't mind the city. I do wish I had chosen the wind loa instead of the speed one because the speed doesn't effect your mounted speed or travel form.

I was def annoyed when I found out the speed didnt effect mount/travel, and there doesnt seem to be a way to change it?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It's a real pain on instance trash though, I discovered. If I want to actually land anything in an instance reliably, it's basically Bilescourge Bombers and/or Felstorm. (I'd use Dreadlash as my AE talent if it didn't flat out fail to do damage a portion of the time.) Something that doesn't require specific targets other than the ground, in other words. :p I'm exaggerating a little, but not by much.

I'm probably going to switch to Destro for dungeon running for the moment. Both Demo and Afflic have too much wind up time for trash pulls. Seed of Corruption's cast time is just painful. Afflic can pull some pretty good ST damage though.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Got into Heroics this morning. Thankfully dungeon spamming as a tank is lol.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider

Yup there are deffinately some weird bugs going on like the portal or argus demon thing just not spawning. I have been playing with the one that makes my dread stalkers AOE and have a couple azurite things that amplify dreadbites damage which is doing solidly good things for my aoe. I have not had any problem with that failing out like some of the other stuff that just fizzles from time to time. In doing dungeons so far in my half assed leveling gear I am pretty happy with my DPS numbers. Most of the time in dungeons I am top and if I am not top I am not getting blown out by anybody yet. We shall see how things settle in though once everybody has a more consistent level of gear to work with.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The artifact power to get to a given level changes over the duration of the expansion? I remember reading somewhere that they were putting in that as a corollary to the 'research' from Legion in order to try and keep the values from going crazy high.

I realized today that I'm at Artifact level 16 and at with 12k more to go to 17 the weekly Island Expedition reward of 1500 seems paltry, not to mention the Missions for 147.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm probably going to switch to Destro for dungeon running for the moment. Both Demo and Afflic have too much wind up time for trash pulls. Seed of Corruption's cast time is just painful. Afflic can pull some pretty good ST damage though.
Affliction is very shard dependant or else I have asstacular luck on Agony proc'ing shards for me. I do like how Haunt plays out for Affliction though. Fire and forget until it recharges whereas you have to babysit Shadow Embrace.

I absolutely despise the cooldown time on Darkglare (the trait needs to reduce this more or the cooldown needs to be lowered by a minute) and, like you said, the cast time on Seed is just cancer. I kind of wish Seed would do bonus damage if the target already had Corruption active, but I say this mostly because I play with Absolute Corruption. One of the reasons I don't like playing Affliction much is trying to babysit dots on multiple targets. (It's why I like Destro for AE far more than the other two specs.)

kaid kaid -- Dreadbite will flat out fail if the target has differing elevation, as well. Not always, but that's been one consistent observation is elevation is factoring in with the "hitbox" of Dreadbite. And like you said, they didn't fix the summon problem for anything other than primary pet summons. #Picard Vilefiends do pretty well on their own, but not if they never show up.

Qhue Qhue -- Supposedly the "Artifact Knowledge" will start kicking in tomorrow but I could be remembering that wrong. The biggest issue I have with the Heart of Azeroth is that ilvl isn't a factor in what level is needed to unlock traits. They seem to be flat numbers based on what the item itself is. For example, Squallshaper Vestments and Ruffled Poet Blouse both at 310. The former requires Heart Lv21 to get the ilvl boost. The Blouse is fully upgraded by Lv16. <More Picards go here.>

Last edited:

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider

Actually demon if your group is moving at a good clip in the dungeons wind up is not bad at all. Its only bad if your party is just jacking off between pulls. If they are taking things at a good clip you have enough demon core procs that you can rattle out shit really fast. I always felt the ramp up time in legion was shitty but in BFA I am finding it to be pretty good so far and thats with my shit level of item haste. The fact you only need 3 shards for a full hand of gul'dan and I have the felhunter proc for making it 1 shard/instant cast which is nearly always available once you are in fights is really pretty slick. I also have inner demons that means I can start dungeon pulls being able to throw out two mostly fresh imps to start stuff off AOE wise. I do like that the rotation is a lot more fluid now and what you cast depends on how you are doing for demon cores knowing when to save them and when to blow them.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Anyone else got siege of boralus unlocked (horde side) and wanna run it before reset?