World of Warcraft: Current Year

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Prot warrior is growing on me as I get more gear and tank a bit more. It definitely feels slower and more methodical than in Legion, but I am actually kind of liking it now that I'm used to it. I think it was just a rough adjustment.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wanting to grind all at once without a gate mechanic is neither wanting everything handed to you nor not wanting to play the game.
Remember that the person I was responding to doesn't want to do world quests or repeat dungeons or do multiple island expeditions or work for reputations or basically anything else.

What they do not want is you to have had two 355 pieces on day 1. I'm not sure how that is a hard comcept. If i misstated my point earlier i apologize. The point is that they didnt want you to have several 355 pieces garaunteed at the start of the expansion. They wanted you to get one week 2 day 1 and one week 3 day 1.

• 1Repost
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
So the raid releases on Sept 4th

Theoretically you could do 30 M0 before it releases, that's 30 hydrocore or 2 items crafted - which is stated as being the max amount a particular craft can make.

I don't really see the problem.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Whats the problem with me being able to farm the 30 hydrocores needed right now? Is it really necessary to gate it? The gate is what makes it feel like the amount of mats required is excessive at the moment because you could be spending those hydrocores elsewhere as well.

myxio

Molten Core Raider
Just saw a post on reddit saying if you scrap your crafted item you get the 15 hydrocores back, not sure I'd want to test that out though.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Whats the problem with me being able to farm the 30 hydrocores needed right now? Is it really necessary to gate it? The gate is what makes it feel like the amount of mats required is excessive at the moment because you could be spending those hydrocores elsewhere as well.
I dont know, I didn't make the system. I just think it being gated isn't really a big deal.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I've gone through and unlocked and upgraded all the warfront outposts (that I know of have upgrades).

Aside from the Scrapper in Tiragarde -- which is in a really out of the way node, btw -- and the super-fast Giant vehicle for transportation in Stormsong, I'm not impressed. The only ones I really care about are the locations for the southern nodes in Stormsong Valley, and the east Drustvar ones since you otherwise have to go across the entire zone by foot to get to some of the WQ's there. Two of the flight paths are really close to others in the same or adjacent zone. Swiftwind Post vs Stonefist Watch, or Warfang Hold vs Windfall Cavern explains my point by distance, there.

I really hope they have something interesting planned for this, because two of the flight nodes feel borderline redundant with how close to others they are, and one of the "upgrades" being five low health NPCs that don't do anything but sit there does not feel worth it. (The buffs you get from the druids in Drustvar affect Stamina and Armor by 7%. I'm a cloth wearer, so I care about my armor why?)

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Has anyone tried Ruinous Bolt as an azerite trait? I don't think it's procced even once for me.
I think that's what xzi xzi had in our mythic waycrest and it started attacking a dead mob and kept us in combat for like the entire duration

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
So the raid releases on Sept 4th

Theoretically you could do 30 M0 before it releases, that's 30 hydrocore or 2 items crafted - which is stated as being the max amount a particular craft can make.

I don't really see the problem.
The problem is mythic is too easy.
I can spend 200k leveling and building some single piece of epic, or I can do some mythical and get 5 pieces which are all better.

Same thing with the exalted rep gear. Mythic purples are too easy to get.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The problem is mythic is too easy.
I can spend 200k leveling and building some single piece of epic, or I can do some mythical and get 5 pieces which are all better.

Same thing with the exalted rep gear. Mythic purples are too easy to get.
Well sure, that's why I didn't care about exalted gear or tradeskill gear

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Also, iirc the first cache that expired the next morning after launch was Tortollan. That’s 1500 base rep right there if you didn’t hit 120 fast enough to knock it out.

I figured that was part of it, but 1500 isn't 3-4k. Still think there's some random pre req I just haven't come across somewhere.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I don't really give a shit about the crafted gear because I probably won't ever make or use it... but gear in this game gear is always infinitely more valuable when you have it early. it's kind of like a pocket pair in poker, slow play it and by the river it's probably shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think that's what xzi xzi had in our mythic waycrest and it started attacking a dead mob and kept us in combat for like the entire duration
This is also happening with other procs as well. Lady Waycrest's Music Box is just one example I myself have seen. Worse, it will target something that isn't in combat with anyone. If it's hostile, it can target it and hit it and create all sorts of fun. Someone clearly didn't set the "do you have enmity with it?" flag for a number of abilities.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
One nice thing they said is they are making azerite armor tradeable which is nice.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
Tradeable azerite gear is all I needed to hear. Well, adding master loot back would have been even better but I will take the tradeable azerite gear.