World of Warcraft: Current Year

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
People were complaining about the quality difference between the two faction's zones & quests shortly after all the way back in March. So I doubt It's a matter of being unfinished, and is likely just poor design ideas in the first place. I'd guess the zone creation B-team got the alliance ones.
With the focus on Sylvanas it shouldn't come as any surprise that this expansion is horde-centric. In fact.. the entire game is really horde-centric. Why people play alliance I have no idea. Something something penises in butt something

• 2Salty
Reactions: 1 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
With the focus on Sylvanas it shouldn't come as any surprise that this expansion is horde-centric. In fact.. the entire game is really horde-centric. Why people play alliance I have no idea. Something something penises in butt something

But her fear wards!

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

I play both, and the the only real thing that I think would give someone a reason to play alliance over horde is if they're just naturally inclined to the blue good guys rather than the red bad ones. Horde has received more attention ever since that vanila beta patch that focused heavily on the Horde (the one that moved BFD into Ashenvale, and put in Zoram's Strand etc...) and quite frankly, the playerbase is full of less mouth breathers. The differences in pugging is night and day. The Horde characters aren't necessarily more interesting characters, but they are vastly better utilized.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yup pretty much each expansion we have seen an order table the starting gold from missions is a pittance. It ratchets up pretty fast through the course of the expansion. At least the rep rewards for missions is pretty solid early this expansion so that is a good way to help feed the rep grind.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I play both, and the the only real thing that I think would give someone a reason to play alliance over horde is if they're just naturally inclined to the blue good guys rather than the red bad ones. Horde has received more attention ever since that vanila beta patch that focused heavily on the Horde (the one that moved BFD into Ashenvale, and put in Zoram's Strand etc...) and quite frankly, the playerbase is full of less mouth breathers. The differences in pugging is night and day. The Horde characters aren't necessarily more interesting characters, but they are vastly better utilized.

I think that if you're into lore and such playing an opposite side character to do the good quest lines is worth it. Somewhat. I have a level 100 alliance paladin I haven't touched... maybe someday.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Paragon was indeed a nice little bonus as there was precious else to do once you had 'finished' the reps involved. Chances are you were sitting on a giant mound of Class Hall resources and didn't really need anything the WQs could offer...yet they provided some entertaining background noise.

I'm actually a little surprised at the lack of a Suramar-equivalent in BfA. Moreso than the WQs themselves the constant slow progression of abilities and storyline as we helped the rebels and 'saved' Suramar was a great chunk of end-game content, especially for non-raiding types. Because of that quest sequence I felt much more involved with Suramar than I did with most any other faction equivalent in the game to date... made it extra salty when that skank decided to go Horde after spending so much time saving her and her entire race from extinction.**

** As a consequence when we get the Nightborne as the opposing team in Island Expeditions I thoroughly enjoy slaughtering them.

All the Broken Isles races that matter went Horde and you got stupid Void Elfs.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Gotcha. Thanks for the info.
I might be running some cross server normal raids on a weird schedule.

I work panama shift meaning every other week I work the days I didn’t work the week before. I also work noon to midnight. So as a result I don’t sign up for any normal raiding schedules because I could only make it half the time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Trump's Staff
All the Broken Isles races that matter went Horde and you got stupid Void Elfs.

Hey we also got Lightforged Dranei who are distinctly different than Dranei in that...umm...well the ligh..no I guess not since Velen and all...well they have yellow eyes.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Hey we also got Lightforged Dranei who are distinctly different than Dranei in that...umm...well the ligh..no I guess not since Velen and all...well they have yellow eyes.

I am jelly of Kul Tiran humans and their badass pirate armors... and especially Dark Iron Dwarfs.

• 1Like

Merrith

This was a week ago though. I guess if they level'd multiple characters on the same account to 120? Because you can mail the charms to your other characters. 200 charms is a lot. And anyways, this was Revered Champions of Azeroth a week ago, so definitely a no regardless of the charms. Beating the trainers isn't the issue at all though, they made them super gimped easy.

Sure made me a pretty penny though.

Hadn't thought of leveling multiple to get even more charms. Definitely possible. Like I said, you can get ~70 from normal quests and looting specific chests. Revered CoA last week is a bit sketchy. Human might be the only chance at that, and even then they'd need crazy luck with missions on their board all being CoA and it still might not be possible.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider

Honestly I prefer the lightforged to the normal draenei because they actually look like most of the neat dranei NPC. They have the glowy sigil on their foreheads and have some better horn/hair options. So they seem odd but they made total sense with the story of argus and are basically just a better version of an already good race. Draenei are pretty popular race wise on the alliance and having them with more options = pretty popular.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Word on the street is that the new version of AK just adjusts your AP to the same % progress in the level as you were before the AK kicked in, so you end up losing raw AP.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm sure at the end of the expasion when they talk about 'lessons learned' they'll mention this abortion of AP

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
So if I pick this up later in the week will i be able to understand it/get into the game despite not having played since 07?

I tried back in about last January . My friend gave em an account with a max Shaman (my old main class), and a few level 100-105 chars. The game was just so overwhelming and only superficially like the one i used to play it seemed. I was told by some guys from discord that i would have a better chance if i tried after a new xpac. is there a good reason to think this may be true/ or will i likely just run into the same problems?

Merrith

Word on the street is that the new version of AK just adjusts your AP to the same % progress in the level as you were before the AK kicked in, so you end up losing raw AP.

Confirmed. I mean, technically I'm closer to level 20 on my neck, but definitely lost 4-5k raw AP from what my total was within that level. Guess I'm going to try to be as low a percent as possible going into each new week.

Also hilarious the emissary cache reward being a 340 weapon today...but only for certain specs. Hunters get polearm so if you're not Surv fuck you. Druids were only getting int polearm or staff too, I heard. If you aren't boomkin guess you're fucked. Our DH's will be happy though, 1h fist weapon.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
So if I pick this up later in the week will i be able to understand it/get into the game despite not having played since 07?

I tried back in about last January . My friend gave em an account with a max Shaman (my old main class), and a few level 100-105 chars. The game was just so overwhelming and only superficially like the one i used to play it seemed. I was told by some guys from discord that i would have a better chance if i tried after a new xpac. is there a good reason to think this may be true/ or will i likely just run into the same problems?

I imagine your problem in your last attempt was in jumping into a high level character. The game has more systems now, but none of them are complicated or hard to learn. It's pretty much the same game other than that. Sure, you might have to goggle or hit up wowhead a lot when figuring things out, but everyone else does as well, even people who have played from the start

• 1Like