World of Warcraft: Current Year

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
There is nothing they can do to warfronts to make them interesting. It's casual content aimed at the casual playerbase. Increasing the difficulty just changes it from impossible to lose to improbable to lose. The experience itself remains the same.

Island Expeditions are potentially salvageable, but again it is casual content aimed at the casual playerbase. It is meant to be a levelling option, with the potential to get some AP/faction & rewards such as mounts/pets. For a game that has so much RNG, it's almost hilarious how little RNG island expeditions have. This would be one place where a little bit more randomness would be welcome. Add in more potential for different events to take place. Give each island you do a bit more of a unique experience.

They also need to make every possible island drop available on the vendor they are adding. Keep the chances of getting the item by doing the island itself. Give you the option to sell any item you get back to the vendor as well for those who want to target specific items. Make the shit expensive so you have to grind a lot if you want every item. People would love that and eat the content up.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So I canceled my account today. Still have time until 12/20 which I’ll use to get my reps to exalted and maybe see alliance side story, but I noticed there was no option to offer a reason why. Didn’t there used to be? My account has been active since mid-Draenor.

I canceled mainly as the only monetary way I could hurt them post-Diablo death knell. I wanted to put that and some other criticism in writing. Damnit.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
So I canceled my account today. Still have time until 12/20 which I’ll use to get my reps to exalted and maybe see alliance side story, but I noticed there was no option to offer a reason why. Didn’t there used to be? My account has been active since mid-Draenor.

I canceled mainly as the only monetary way I could hurt them post-Diablo death knell. I wanted to put that and some other criticism in writing. Damnit.
Yup, there definitely was a cancelation reason. I usually put don't have time, or not enough content. Funny that that's no longer an option. I'm booked for 4 more months, so I'm curious if it gives me the option. I'll check when I get home.

Legion and Vanilla were the only times I was subbed for their entirety. Dropped BC after the first raid, picked up Wrath during Ulduar, close to TOC, then dropped Cata after I unlocked the time gated quests, picked back up during Mists just before SoO came out, played into WOD until I maxed out my Garrison (all pets, auction house), came back at the very end of WOD to prep for Legion... Been subscribed since. I've basically logged on to complete the emissary quests and for the first time missed out on two of them (AP rewards, wah wah), or to keep up resources to passively get gold. Will cancel when I get home. I doubt I'll be back for 8.1.5 or 8.2. But who knows. Not a single thing sounds interesting other than driving the quest stories forward, and that'll probably all be available towards the end of the expac when the next "good one" comes around.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
I cancelled my second account a month or so ago just because I haven't been using it, and also noticed they didn't ask why. I've activated/cancelled my second account several times over the years when I don't need it, and it always asked me for a reason. They used to even shame you and say you're making the peon cry!

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
On the Classic Cast, they had a former dev on and he said 80% people list that their friend quit so they are quitting too and he guessed that's why they took away the option.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Happens to me every once in a while as well and no idea what causes it. I just chalked it up to either lag or keyboard issues, but now it's sounding more like it might be a coding issue if it's happening to multiple people.
No, no sound. Idk if im glad its not just me or mad its happening and cant just learn to wait a tic more to cast

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
YAY WIII

bought for the mount. I'm a sucker for their marketing. If there's a mount to be had, I'm in. I'm never going to hit goldcap if I keep doing this.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
It appears there are a few people with active accounts but canceled subscriptions, I am on the same boat, got a 6 month sub on the high of legion that is running out in December.
Looking at my friends list though, it appears a lot of people are still playing, I would say its nowhere near WoD or even MoP levels when it was hard to find even a couple of them playing WoW.

I wonder what the sub numbers look like, I'm certain its worse than legion but maybe not by as much as one would expect given the bad reception of the expansion.

Last edited:

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
We couldn't even field 10 people for raid last night. This is WoD-level burnout for the forum guild.

By contrast, at this point in Legion, we were struggling to find room in our raid because we constantly had just a bit more than 30 people interested.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Juvarisx

Florida
Should have just kept the artifact weapons and made them stronger, then have the old world get super corrupted by N'Zoth and C'Thuun phased to lvl 110 and gone from there.

This cycle of making you feel weaker for every expansion really was retarded after destroying the Burning Legion

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

muggzwon

Molten Core Raider
I think the "feeling weaker" part is fine when it comes to resetting ratings so we don't end up in absurdville of stats and have to tune ratings down mid expansion. The thing that sucks extra this time around, to me, is the lack of artifact weapon and no new talents/spells on the way to 120. Not only do you lose the ratings that we've been used to for 10+ years, but you also lose your legendaries and had already lost artifact traits and even if you got those traits in the shape of talents it felt really bad because they were gimped versions or compete with a combination of traits/talents you were used to having at the same time.. It's all really just a mess with how they've butchered a lot of specs.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think one of the lowest hanging fruits they could probably do for 8.2 would be design a power tree like the artifact had for the heart of azeroth. Wave your hand and go you have empowered the heart and it has unlocked new potential. It does not have to be as big of a tree of options as the artifact weapon and maybe do one per class instead of one per spec to cut down the amount of work you have to do. This way you can have 2 or 3 activated abilities you unlock like the artifact and have something more permanent to invest your power in. This way the azerite armor is more or less just this go arounds set piece armor which it fits more with than replacing the artifact which is what it is trying to do.

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
It’s almost to the point now where they need an expansion to fix the expansion lol. All three new systems are a mess (azerite warfronts islands) and all the specs feel terrible comparatively. The best thing they could’ve done for 8.1 was bake in almost all the weapon traits into the specs, add 2 of the dps legendaries baseline And offered more out of the islands/warfronts and put in more allied races as a carrot. Obviously that’s take a ton of balancing but I think it would’ve gone a long way to righting the ship.

On the topic of allied races. I have a feeling the vulpera/junker gnomes where originally slated to be announced but got pulled bc honestly If horde got vulpera I think that would’ve broken the faction imbalance for good. I think a lot of ally hold outs would switchbfor a “cute” race like that.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
We couldn't even field 10 people for raid last night. This is WoD-level burnout for the forum guild.

By contrast, at this point in Legion, we were struggling to find room in our raid because we constantly had just a bit more than 30 people interested.
I'll be honest, I've been doing a ton of work for my kid's schools, and haven't had the free time to play WoW at all. With D2 being given away for free I've been attempting that and not sure I'm even interested in BFA. It's not even that fun anymore.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user