World of Warcraft: Current Year

darkmiasma

Trakanon Raider
I haven't played this since Cataclysm in Nov 2011 - is this even worth a resub to screw around, or should I just load up some RPGs to get my fix in?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I haven't played this since Cataclysm in Nov 2011 - is this even worth a resub to screw around, or should I just load up some RPGs to get my fix in?

I hear there is a new Diablo game coming out soon, I would just wait for it...

As for Wow, I would imagine you would get your monies worth for a month or two of play. There should be 40+ hours in leveling up, seeing all the stuff since Cata, and maybe doing some end game stuff.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I dunno I guess it depends on how you play. I feel like BfA is the same shit as the last 3-4 expansions. I've levelled up solo. I've gotten my minimum ilvl for raiding from <insert source> and now I'm logging in 2 days a week for raids and the occasional login for a dungeon/emissary cleanup/resupply. I did switch classes and factions though, I think if I had played my horde paladin again I would've definitely quit by now.

• 1Solidarity

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
A shame really since Legion was goddamn fantastic until Antorus.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Legion had its faults, but BfA takes every single one of them, multiplies it tenfold, and introduces it in the very first patch.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
A shame really since Legion was goddamn fantastic until Antorus.

People seem to forget how shit Tomb of Sarg was. I'd take Antorus any day over that shithole.

Suramar was fantastic, and so was Nighthold. Maybe some of the best content WoW has ever had.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
This is all just bumming me out. I've been struggling to keep logging in (at least I got another raid mount last night I guess?), but especially since the Diablo thing happened it's REALLY pushing how insanely out of touch blizzard is. I just want WoW to be fun again.

• 1Solidarity

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is all just bumming me out. I've been struggling to keep logging in (at least I got another raid mount last night I guess?), but especially since the Diablo thing happened it's REALLY pushing how insanely out of touch blizzard is. I just want WoW to be fun again.

For me it's the opposite. I am looking forward to almost all the changes and things they are releasing. I guess never being a big Diablo fan, after the original, makes me less susceptible.

Once I have more stuff to grind outside of M+ and raiding, I will be content. The game could really use an Argus right now.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
We’ve discovered two errors in our original communications regarding which classes would be available to the Kul Tiran and Zandalari Allied Races. We’re in the process of updating those communications now, but wanted to call your attention to two important corrections:

• Warlock was incorrectly listed as an available option for Zandalari at the What’s Next panel at BlizzCon. The Zandalari have no connection to fel magic, and will not be able to be Warlocks.
  • Mage was incorrectly omitted as an available option for Kul Tirans in the panel and on the World of Warcraft website. While Kul Tiran Mages are relatively uncommon, there are a few prominent examples, and so Kul Tiran characters will be allowed to play as Mage.

We apologize for the confusion that these errors have caused.

This wasn't an error in communication. You just realized after the fact that your judgment was a bit lacking and so you changed some things.
This was simply what it is, an error. We posted one thing on the website and one thing in the slides at the panels. This was a misalignment on assets so we're correcting that now. It happens.

So that is what they said despite an interview with Alex just the day before:

Alex believes that Kul Tirans should be able to be mages, and says the team will discuss it further. He can't promise that it will happen, however.

Literally just lies.

• 3Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Yesterday we literally had a video of Furor calling these stupid faggots out on how Kul Tirans should be mages. These fucking cocksuckers cant even lie good.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Here is the fucked up part.. They know exactly what is wrong. It's like they are trying to push as hard as they can to see how much bullshit players will put up with instead of just dialing it back and unfucking the game.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
So all this wow classic stuff made me nostalgic, I downloaded WoW starter edition and levelled an NE Druid to 17 in roughly 6 hours /played time.

Didn't die once or even come close to dieing. Everything is highlighted on the map, where to go, who to speak to etc. How high does the ez mode go on for?

• 1Seriously?

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
So all this wow classic stuff made me nostalgic, I downloaded WoW starter edition and levelled an NE Druid to 17 in roughly 6 hours /played time.

Didn't die once or even come close to dieing. Everything is highlighted on the map, where to go, who to speak to etc. How high does the ez mode go on for?

• 6Worf
  • 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

Cybsled

WoW Classic was the same TBH. Maybe you died a bit more, but the map being highlighted/where to go has been in the game since day 1.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Day 1 of Beta (I came in during the Forsaken phase) was quite eye opening in that there were exclamation marks over the heads of people who wanted to give me quests...like a lot of quests just being blatantly advertised with a huge glowing icon. Coming from Everquest this was totally foreign.

• 3Like