World of Warcraft: Current Year

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Assuming 8.2 actually "fixes" the game like 7.2 did for Legion I think it is pretty safe to assume that you just don't play a new xpac until it is halfway over. Sad, but might be the new reality.

7.2 "fixed" Legion? I thought it was super great at release?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
7.2 "fixed" Legion? I thought it was super great at release?

Better then BfA, but the artifact system and the legendary system were heavily flawed. Basically 7.2 turned it from a cata level xpac to a wrath one.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Legion needed tweaking, it didn't really need "fixing". BfA needs to be thrown out with the bathwater.

• 1Like

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Legion needed tweaking, it didn't really need "fixing". BfA needs to be thrown out with the bathwater.

Ironically if they maybe just scrapped the lego system but just transplanted the weapon skills to the neck with some flavor tweaks we probably don't have a horrid xpac. The raids themselves aren't atrocious overall and I actually prefer bfa m+ over legion. Its mostly class gameplay that just blows donkey dick and when you don't have fun playing the class it exposes the rest of the ride. I'm putting the majority of this blame for the xpac on shitty class design, should have just copy pasted over what legion ended with.

taimaishoo

Golden Knight of the Realm
Assuming 8.2 actually "fixes" the game like 7.2 did for Legion I think it is pretty safe to assume that you just don't play a new xpac until it is halfway over. Sad, but might be the new reality.
They arent even close. Legion had its flaws but even prior to 7.2 Nighthold was an amazing raid, mythic+ was still new and fresh and the legendary system made them worth running for more than just your weekly chest, Karazhan was reupped, legendary weapons were at least rewarding to level, and the classes weren't complete dogshit. 7.2 in Legion will have come at least a month quicker than 8.2 will.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
7.2 Actually kinda sucked. Broken Shore was meh and concordance didn't solve anything. Tomb was one of the worst raids ever added to the game and Cathedral was woefully overtuned.

• 1Like

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ironically if they maybe just scrapped the lego system but just transplanted the weapon skills to the neck with some flavor tweaks we probably don't have a horrid xpac. The raids themselves aren't atrocious overall and I actually prefer bfa m+ over legion. Its mostly class gameplay that just blows donkey dick and when you don't have fun playing the class it exposes the rest of the ride. I'm putting the majority of this blame for the xpac on shitty class design, should have just copy pasted over what legion ended with.
What classes are you playing? I've enjoyed every class I have played at 120. Mostly Havoc, Mistweaver, Destruction and Blood.

• 1Repost

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
So you're basically playing the OPs. I spent the most time on mage, havoc, Prot pally, Blood DK. Out of the four only the DH felt like a complete spec. Blood was okay until they fucked bonestorm then it became like every other tanking spec where you have zero control over your own suvivability aside from kiting any relevant keys. Plus having all major defensives and primary mitigation or self heal in the pallies case on the GCD felt clunky. As far as the mage went frost was super boring with a static four button usage that was really three but once in a while you got a FoF proc. Fire felt completely lacking after they stripped everything out of it from legion. Very clunky as a spec.

The numbers weren't bad but everything aside from the DH played like reprocessed ass.

My biggest gripes is what they did to feral and Guardian. Those were my primary specs in legion and damn did they feel good especially after the feral rework before Tomb. Then for no reason whatsoever they reverted it back to the plate spinning, unrewarding for the effort put in bleed/roar/talons spec that it was in legion originally.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Personally I think Marksman plays so much worse from Legion to now, and BM in BFA is...not exciting.

• 1Like

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Guardian is the same exact rotation it was except you miss one defensive cool down that, let's be honest, we all used as an offensive cooldown in legion. The numbers for Guardian are lower then they should be but playing it feels good. I personally thought the rotation on DK felt fine as well though I think my highest key on him was like a 7 or something. It felt like playing DK in Legion except I needed a healer to actually play the game.

• 2Repost

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Lost our best CD, complete nerf of FR via both being on the GCD and how it heals, complete nerf of IF, and to top all that off they took what was already pathetic damage and made it worse. Loss of the balance shoulders also hurt damage plus threat gen. Zero compensation for any of this by the way.

Edit: oh and they took our only semi reliable kiting tool away

xzi

Mouthbreather
I got my bis legendary as my first drop so legion was pretty fucking great all the way through

• 2Worf

Fucker

Log Wizard
Personally I think Marksman plays so much worse from Legion to now, and BM in BFA is...not exciting.

I made a custom controller for MM hunters:

5702627963_36f5015261.jpg

• 6Worf
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 6 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Going to level a horde character up and do the BFA quests to get the "faction traitors" mount thing, do people still play on Hyjal Horde here?