World of Warcraft: Current Year

xzi

Mouthbreather
noodleface not only killed foh but murdered the entire game so nobody else can enjoy it the absolute savage

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Laedrun

Molten Core Raider
Marksman is the most fun ranged spec in the game when you stack a bunch of "in the rhythm" and "unerring vision" traits. though having specs designed/balanced around farming the correct azerite traits is pretty vomit worthy. Demonic lock is gonna be trash when they nerf the explosive potential trait. Oh well, that's bfa! >;p

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Noodle only wishes he looked like Lore.
giphy.gif

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I got my bis legendary as my first drop so legion was pretty fucking great all the way through

I didn't get my BIS rogue shoulders until after they added those tokens or whatever near the end. It was the biggest slap in the face I've ever experienced in a game and is ultimately what drove me to quit WOW forever. In an ironic way, Legion killed WOW for me.

EDIT: In no way saying legion was shit. Just that system. And the funny thing is I wouldn't have thought twice if they had left it as is without the tokens. But the whole thing at the end of them adding it just foreshadowed the ominous cock suckers the development team was, and past all the garbage reviews of the xpac I could still probably hold out on that reason alone.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If they added that token system somewhere anywhere before the halfway point of legion it would've been incredible

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
I didn't get my BIS rogue shoulders until after they added those tokens or whatever near the end. It was the biggest slap in the face I've ever experienced in a game and is ultimately what drove me to quit WOW forever. In an ironic way, Legion killed WOW for me.

EDIT: In no way saying legion was shit. Just that system. And the funny thing is I wouldn't have thought twice if they had left it as is without the tokens. But the whole thing at the end of them adding it just foreshadowed the ominous cock suckers the development team was, and past all the garbage reviews of the xpac I could still probably hold out on that reason alone.
This is interesting, did you play continuously since the start of the expansion on your rogue?
Did you get every other legendary besides the shoulders?

I feel like the legendaries weren't much of an issue for a main character after blizzard removed the ridiculous "good luck protection", I'd wager those that were loyal to a spec/character and opened the weekly chest and ran their emissaries would have all the specs legendaries somewhere between Nighthold and Tomb of Sargeras.
Still pretty ridiculous that if you weren't lucky on the order of the legendary drops you would be gimped for almost two raid tiers, but still, not quite as bad as your personal experience.
Legion was the absolute worst for alts though, which I think is something they kind of had in mind for BfA.
Its certainly a lot more alt friendly without legendaries and the artifacts.

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
BFA is a little better for alts than Legion was, but it is still super unfriendly towards playing multiple specs. There are pretty limited ways to acquire azerite gear, and they made it basically impossible to use the same piece of azerite gear for multiple specs unless you are willing to hearth & pay a ton of gold everytime you want to switch. It is even more unfriendly to those who both PvE & PvP.

They consistently make things in this game tedious, thinking that will force someone to play more/longer. The reality is people play games for fun. If they just let people have fun playing their class, they would play the game more and continue playing the game. If people enjoy their character they are also more likely to do the stupid grindy stuff. Class design is easily the biggest issue in BFA.

BFA is getting better though, and future patches look promising. It's just too bad it has taken so long.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Marksman is the most fun ranged spec in the game when you stack a bunch of "in the rhythm" and "unerring vision" traits. though having specs designed/balanced around farming the correct azerite traits is pretty vomit worthy. Demonic lock is gonna be trash when they nerf the explosive potential trait. Oh well, that's bfa! >;p

Demonology was top tier before the EP buff, it will not be trash after a nerf.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is interesting, did you play continuously since the start of the expansion on your rogue?

I feel like the legendaries weren't much of an issue for a main character after blizzard removed the ridiculous "good luck protection", I'd wager those that were loyal to a spec/character and opened the weekly chest and ran their emissaries would have all the specs legendaries somewhere between Nighthold and Tomb of Sargeras.
Still pretty ridiculous that if you weren't lucky on the order of the legendary drops you would be gimped for almost two raid tiers, but still, not quite as bad as your personal experience.
Legion was the absolute worst for alts though, which I think is something they kind of had in mind for BfA.

I made the rogue in Tomb. So it was pretty fresh. Still, I went through all of Tomb and Argus without getting them. This was with doing EVERY single BLP activity from running meaningless M0's, to fucking god awful Nighthold and EN runs (LFR/Normal), emissary's, weekly cache. Even by the time I got to Argus I was doing all those Argus events (the greater whatever the fucks). Seriously got fucked hard.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Didn't get my primo lego until the end of Tomb and had been doing everything from day 1 of Legion. Somehow still managed to get all of the offspec legos before the end of the expac. Lots of wasted space in my void storage. The tweaks and flat out nurfs to legos didn't help. The same week I got one of the more powerful ones it was nurfed into being one of the most useless, even though it introduced a completely different rotation and fun, which is what seemed was originally intended. "Balance too strong, nurf, even if it's putting them at par for single target, fuck them."

The big statement of if it's rare it should be powerful was nuked, so the value of the item became the opposite of its intention. Typical Blizz balancing. No fun is allowed. BfA is the full utilization of said sterilization of items, abilities, and class diversity.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Just did the Jaina raid [lfr] and thought it was really cool. Then after paying respects to the king quest what Sylvanas does on the boat was fucking hysterical lolll

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider

problem is even after the good luck protection it was still very possible to never get the best legendary for your class/spec. I know one of my characters that had like every other damn legendary didn't get the one I wanted until I could buy it at the end of the expansion. BFA is head and shoulders easier to manage alts and alt specs on than legion was. Not having to grind each specs AP independently alone is a huge boost. If you keep an eye on the emmisary quests gathering up 2 or 3 sets of at least viable azerite gear to get them rolling is easy enough. It may not be your best stuff but its good enough to do your job as that spec to acquire more stuff if you wind up liking that spec.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I don't know what fucking psychopath made an achievement for 5000 pvp pet battle wins but uh

McCheese McCheese I blame you specifically

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I switched to brewmaster in NH and got both my BIS ones before we finished TOS. I then never tried to do any more blp stuff