World of Warcraft: Current Year

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
I was doing one in hinterlands yesterday, you need to kill two different types of trolls 4x. They apparently spawn (total of 3-5 each) and have a 12-13 min respawn. That's stupid even for a dead server, imagine 8-10 people all trying to do it.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
I was doing one in hinterlands yesterday, you need to kill two different types of trolls 4x. They apparently spawn (total of 3-5 each) and have a 12-13 min respawn. That's stupid even for a dead server, imagine 8-10 people all trying to do it.
Yeah did the same one yesterday. Need five troll Witch Doctors at the base of the steps up and there are only 3 or 4 spawn spots. Was a half dozen folks running around trying to gank them. Was like a server launch - stupid decision.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I know it's too late now, but in the future, all [outdoor] mob spawns are grouped. When the whole group is dead then a certain percentage will instantly respawn. If you find yourself in that situation again, kill the other things in the area (trolls in this case, but it's possible other stuff is in the group).

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I will give Blizz some credit. This approach avoids a lot of the renaming and "loss of server" bellyaching that comes with merges. It's a smart marketing approach and I can't blame them at all for avoiding the "m" word and trying to control the message.

spronk

FPS noob
do virtual servers replace CRZ, so if you disconnect from a virtual server you get put back on your own server or do you get put back into a CRZ? if its the former that would be great, basically makes CRZ optional so people can hunt rares and shit on their own dead little server when they want to, and join up with the virtual server when they feel lonely.

Rime

<Donor>
Virtual Servers, from what has been said, are permanent CRZ within the grouped servers. You share everything. AH, zones, chat, etc. They are server mergers in everything but name.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
My biggest complaint about server merging is losing my name. I think they way they handled this is pretty elegant.

Caeden

NeedToKnow is nice, I just have it track inquisition and set it just above my hotbars/under my cast bar. A lot less of a pain in the ass like that.
So I kept having this weird hangup or pause with NeedtoKnow. It took me many remakes of my WTF folder to figure out that was the addon doing it. Which is hilarious because compared to some jerks, I run addon light. Bartender4, DBM, Recount, and Xperl are all I run on each character. I have Magic Runes on my DK, and Simply Holy Power and now WeakAuras on the paladin, and nothing extra on the lock.

So I basically set up a tracking bar in WeakAuras for Inquisition. Really like Simple Holy Power and Magic Runes because I think those are rather small, poorly designed resource bars.

Fingz_sl

shitlord
weakauras is amazing. Blizz could throw out the entire UI, give me weakauras and I'd be happy. As it is now, it's the only mod I use.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
... what?
guess I should give that a try then. I always thought I'd be stuck for upwards of 1 hour if I wanted to do a dungeon.
(not an option because I am on babyphone duty when playing, usually, and if the girl wakes up I'll have to get up and look after her, leading to afk from 30 seconds to 30 minutes, depending on level of her jimmies being rustled).
so most of the time I'm doing dailies or old raids. gotta finish those factions.

and yeah I'm doing the weekly barrens quest, it's easy if you just kill commanders for about 1 hour you get enough mats for 2 weeks worth.
I'm in a similar situation in that sometimes I have to get up from the computer at a moments notice. Fortunately I play with a group of friends who understand this and aren't upset by it, but mostly I just do the odd LFD Heroic or even better, LFR. The dungeons go so quick now that I've never had to leave and in LFR since half the folks there seem to slack or be AFK then it's not a problem.

Kazanir_sl

shitlord
My biggest complaint about server merging is losing my name. I think they way they handled this is pretty elegant.
Yeah, isn't this like, the only thing anyone cares about? I don't know that many people who enjoy playing on truly dead servers and there are a lot of negatives to it. It is more or less just fun to tease Blizzard about how they need to massage the PR like this.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I really hope they group the servers together that my characters are spread out over. Would be nice to not pay xfer fees if I ever resub.

seanc_sl

shitlord
Something to keep in mind while leveling up from 85-90, if you find out a Sha/Galleon raid is going on, get there since you can still get loot even if you aren't 90. My priest had about four pieces of armor from those two bosses before he hit 90, then with the two tailoring crafted epics, I was able to go immediately to MSV without even touching a heroic.

DavivMcD

Peasant
Also, the treasure trove solo scenario thing on Thunder Isle can be completed multiple times per week. I thought it was one key per week, but I was able to get 2 my first week at 90 and easily got 20 elder charms. I got one key from a rare spawn and one from an arcane trove from dailies, so maybe you're limited to one key per possible source per week, I dunno.

Cybsled

You get 1 key per week from the rare bosses and you have a small chance at a bonus key from the arcane troves.

Caeden

So I typically pvp as unholy or frost on my DK. Last night I queued as blood. Omfg. I felt like a goddamn raid boss for two hours. I was so giddy that I was having a hard time doing objectives and kept picking fights in the middle of whatever BG. I had heard it was awesome but I never imagined it was this awesome.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I have that itch to play this again.. logged into my account to realize I never cancelled my yearly subscription that I got to get into the beta + D3, oh well. Might as well get some moneys worth.