World of Warcraft: Current Year

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Because he's a smug prick who seems to take great pleasure, and only care about, fucking over bleeding edge players. At the cost of the rest of the playerbase.

I just don't understand why. Why the fuck do you design shit around hindering the handful of hardcore professional guilds like Method?

Those dudes slam their collective dicks in the door 24/7 to clear mythic the moment you drop a patch. The next tier below them of poopsockers can take month(s) to finish mythic.

Why is slowing them down so important? The Method race prep for their members is fucking beyond insane. Even your everyday poopsockers don't do that.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Because he thinks he can actually stop them. Hubris seems like a stupid word to use when describing a dev lead for a video game but it appears to fit the bill with him.

You cannot stop the Methods of the world short of making the game completely unplayable and taking it offline.

xzi

Mouthbreather
alright new rule whoever makes an emissary have nothing but 200 resources should be executed

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Every time the Nazjatar Emmissary didn't have pearls someone at Blizzard should have been tazed in the balls.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Any alliance want to do keys? I can do 10-12s legit, anything higher would be a carry lol.

Fucker

Log Wizard
So 8.3 is the last patch of this xpac? It's amazing how little content we got relative to Legion.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So 8.3 is the last patch of this xpac? It's amazing how little content we got relative to Legion.

Unless there is an 8.3.5 I guess? Oddly enough Legion only went to 7.3.5, right? Same number of raids. Just felt like all the rest has been light on content.

xzi

Mouthbreather
idunno naz and mechagon were both better and bigger than argus imo, but Legion felt really good to play so it's very easy to write off if you don't enjoy your characters (can't blame anybody for that when only like 4 classes feel good to play in the world lmao)

As far as they said, 8.3 is the last raid of the expansion so I doubt anything else is coming

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard
idunno naz and mechagon were both better and bigger than argus imo, but Legion felt really good to play so it's very easy to write off if you don't enjoy your characters (can't blame anybody for that when only like 4 classes feel good to play in the world lmao)

As far as they said, 8.3 is the last raid of the expansion so I doubt anything else is coming

At least we got class mounts with Argus. I quit Mechagon and Naztajarjarbinks the moment I unlocked flying.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

I agree that Naz and Mech were better than Argus zones, overall. Class Order Halls did seem to bring a lot more content to do on alts and stuff rather than island expeditions/battlefronts/whatever

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
I never minded leveling an alt in legion because I got a unique story to go along with it.

After doing the war campaign once....its tough to do it again

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider

They were both bigger and better utilized than the broken islands when they came out. much more comprable to argus content wise.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I never minded leveling an alt in legion because I got a unique story to go along with it.

After doing the war campaign once....its tough to do it again

This is one big issue this go around. It really does nothing that would make you want to play an alt other than maybe one of the opposite faction. I think thats why in the next expansion they are going with basically four campaign stories depending which covenant you chose to affiliate with.

• 1Like

Burns

This is one big issue this go around. It really does nothing that would make you want to play an alt other than maybe one of the opposite faction. I think thats why in the next expansion they are going with basically four campaign stories depending which covenant you chose to affiliate with.

From the way they made it sound at Blizcon, the leveling experience will be the same for every toon, regardless of faction. Everyone starts in zone 1 (probably Bastion), plays through that zone, with that faction's special ability. Then, you have the choice to move to zone 2 or... to zone 2, where you lose faction 1's ability and gain faction 2's ability. After zone 2 you move on to zone 3 and finally zone 4, after 3 is done. It will be a linear path so they can have better "narrative control."

I would assume that this means everyone will be hitting level cap by the end of the 4th zone. People get to play with all the faction abilities while leveling up, then, when you ding 60, a quest pops up and you choose 1 to join, to start doing dailies, sorry, I mean WORLD QUESTS.

If this is the case, once you get to 60, hopefully things will be different enough for your first 4 toons, that it will make it interesting enough to play. If I were to take a guess, the new faction system is going to look like the various Nazjatar bodyguard's quests & dailies (expanded upon).

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
From the way they made it sound at Blizcon, the leveling experience will be the same for every toon, regardless of faction. Everyone starts in zone 1 (probably Bastion), plays through that zone, with that faction's special ability. Then, you have the choice to move to zone 2 or... to zone 2, where you lose faction 1's ability and gain faction 2's ability. After zone 2 you move on to zone 3 and finally zone 4, after 3 is done. It will be a linear path so they can have better "narrative control."

I would assume that this means everyone will be hitting level cap by the end of the 4th zone. People get to play with all the faction abilities while leveling up, then, when you ding 60, a quest pops up and you choose 1 to join, to start doing dailies, sorry, I mean WORLD QUESTS.

If this is the case, once you get to 60, hopefully things will be different enough for your first 4 toons, that it will make it interesting enough to play. If I were to take a guess, the new faction system is going to look like the various Nazjatar bodyguard's quests & dailies (expanded upon).

What the hell is wrong with these people? They introduced 4 leveling zones in Legion so there wouldn't be overcrowded areas and leveling bottlenecks. I guess Ion's love of grinds means there are going to be lines just to kill shit like at the start of Classic.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Unlikely, the tech in modern WoW is such that the more people there are in an area the more HP quest mobs have which gives you more time to tag it, and everyone who tags it gets credit.

Well, actually that's a bit of a lie. Unlimited tags for "boss" style quest enemies, but max 2 groups (or 9 people I think) for regular quest mob tags. Respawn timers on those are also scaled to match kill "velocity" though. It's why people were creating raids to create "hyper spawns" to farm the BoE mounts at the start of BfA.

Being able to get quests done hasn't really been a problem even in massive overcrowding for a long time. The more limiting factor is server lag. For whatever reason BfA had/has terrible optimization and you will start to lag to hell and back with more than 40 people nearby, even on a top end machine.

Last edited:

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
8.2 was much larger than 7.2, but 8.3 will be much smaller than 7.3. BfA has had a decent amount of content; most of that content just sucks and isn’t worth doing more than the requisite number of times.

• 1Like

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
You only have to do the linear story in Shadowlands once. After your first "playthrough" all your alts can pick and choose which zones they want to level from the beginning, no set order then. Also i believe worldquests are unlocked from the start for alts.

• 1Like