World of Warcraft: Current Year

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
FF and Archeage both used uninstanced housing is the difference. Archeage invited bots because you could resell the land. FF just has a supply/demand issue (on some servers anyways, plenty of land on crystal data center).

FF and Archeage both had “active” requirements to keep the house, though. FF you need an active sub and have been inside your house within the past 45 days, Archeage just required taxes (p2w).

FF housing is a lot more robust decorating wise than AA was, though. If WoW did housing, I would want it to be like a FF style vs some shitty “you can place 15 items on the ground, no Z axis allowed” shit. I’m just not sure their engine could support anything more than some bare bones crap that would make a FFXI Mog house look advanced.
The dream would be UO housing but obviously that shit isn't possible nowadays. Second to that is FF14 for me. It was one of the few things I liked about the game. I dunno how you solve the land-rush problem though, Merrith Merrith

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The dream would be UO housing but obviously that shit isn't possible nowadays. Second to that is FF14 for me. It was one of the few things I liked about the game. I dunno how you solve the land-rush problem though, Merrith Merrith
Lots and lots of instancing. Something like what ff14 did but with more instances so you could more easily get a plot seems reasonable. Baring that do guild housing which cuts the amount of stuff needed down a bit.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
As someone who played a LOT of UO in the first 3 years of that game, UO housing was kinda shit if you ask me. It ruined so many good spawns.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Yeah it would just need to be tons of instancing like kaid said. It's crazy and I expect 6.1 other there when the new Ishgard housing opens up to be worse than ever.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
As someone who played a LOT of UO in the first 3 years of that game, UO housing was kinda shit if you ask me. It ruined so many good spawns.
Nothing was as epic as waiting for a monster guild's big house about to rot. My dial-up internet was so fucked.

Cybsled

Yeah it would just need to be tons of instancing like kaid said. It's crazy and I expect 6.1 other there when the new Ishgard housing opens up to be worse than ever.

If people want houses when Ishgard comes out, better off camping the older house districts for demolished houses when existing players relocate. Same thing happened when Shirogane came out, I snagged a mansion in the Goblet when the original owner moved

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Why the fuck are you still in this thread?

I'll explain it to you in a way you can understand. If you are a faggot who likes sucking dick that's fine, go to a gay bar. Don't try and turn a regular bar into a fag bar though. There are already games like Faggot Fantasy you can dress up as a furry in and play with player housing as people pointed out. It's the same with your trash facebook games, pokemon, and auto-chess tacked onto WoW. That shit has no place and provides no benefit to an MMORPG consistent world game. Plus if you have a strong desire to do any of that faggot bullshit there are already better versions of them to play.

MMORPGs are about slaying monsters with pals, shitty PvP, and awful storylines. If you want to play barbie doll fairy dress up, Suzy Homemaker, Gardening Simulator, or whatever retarded shit zoomer cunts like you enjoy then do it over in Fortnight.

• 2Picard
  • 1Salty
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 8 users

Cybsled

I would say Everquest 1 isn’t going to fuck you, but that game fucked everyone so it wouldn’t make sense as a retort

• 2Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
If the Garrison was a guild effort and you saw your fellow guild members there picking herbs etc, that would have been a much better design.

Get to know your guild members rather than walk past randoms in a city.

Then have the a couple of the highest rated guilds have theirs be in the actual game world for e-peen.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Guild Halls sound good on paper, but they would basically be exploited for “personal housing” if personal housing didn’t exist.

In think technical reasons are the biggest block, and Activision being data thrifts (is it per character? Account? Guild?)

WoW would go with instanced housing for sure. Furnishings you could do a combo of drops, crafting, and I’m sure RL money. Besides the UI elements, you need all the supporting stuff.

Besides noobcube’s rant, this sort of shit is great for player retention. It gives you content to focus on outside of killing shit and can potentially help during the in-between patch spots where there is nothing left to do

Magimaster

Trakanon Raider
barbie doll fairy dress up
tEi2RcQaonrJq8XPgir5Uj-1200-80.jpg

Gardening Simulator
maxresdefault.jpg

---------------------------------------

key and peele coach GIF

• 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'll explain it to you in a way you can understand. If you are a faggot who likes sucking dick that's fine, go to a gay bar. Don't try and turn a regular bar into a fag bar though. There are already games like Faggot Fantasy you can dress up as a furry in and play with player housing as people pointed out. It's the same with your trash facebook games, pokemon, and auto-chess tacked onto WoW. That shit has no place and provides no benefit to an MMORPG consistent world game. Plus if you have a strong desire to do any of that faggot bullshit there are already better versions of them to play.

MMORPGs are about slaying monsters with pals, shitty PvP, and awful storylines. If you want to play barbie doll fairy dress up, Suzy Homemaker, Gardening Simulator, or whatever retarded shit zoomer cunts like you enjoy then do it over in Fortnight.
Eloquent take. I suspect some latent faggotry here, otherwise you wouldn't endlessly post about something you apparently hate.

Dress up actually is a huge part of RPGs btw, anything can be made to sound lame if you overly simplify it. Everything else is par for the course. At the end of the day, I can mostly do the things in WoW that I want to in an MMO and the Facebook games aspect of it hardly gets in the way.

Housing as I see it can be part of the actual economy, as it has been in other MMOs. The dress up part of it is just for personal flavor and a tangible means to display your trophies.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Guild Halls sound good on paper, but they would basically be exploited for “personal housing” if personal housing didn’t exist.

In think technical reasons are the biggest block, and Activision being data thrifts (is it per character? Account? Guild?)

WoW would go with instanced housing for sure. Furnishings you could do a combo of drops, crafting, and I’m sure RL money. Besides the UI elements, you need all the supporting stuff.

Besides noobcube’s rant, this sort of shit is great for player retention. It gives you content to focus on outside of killing shit and can potentially help during the in-between patch spots where there is nothing left to do
With how they add 35 GB of fluff per expansion, I seriously doubt they have any sort of data issues.

BTW, Wildstar whatever the fuck had extensive player housing and we saw how long that shit lasted.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
With how they add 35 GB of fluff per expansion, I seriously doubt they have any sort of data issues.

BTW, Wildstar whatever the fuck had extensive player housing and we saw how long that shit lasted.
I don't think player housing is what killed Wildstar. I think that was actually one of the more lauded features, as it was super customizable. I personally didn't care for how it played no role in the economy though. It was purely for the dress up aspects.

Ome

Molten Core Raider
Player housing was awesome in archeage. Nothing like stealthing outside some weeb house waiting for them to come pick potatoes in their garden so you could gank them and take their potatoes.
Ultima Online says hello.

• 1Like

Argarth

On the verandah
I'm not playing, but check in occasionally. Looks like we've come full circle, and discussion in the WoW thread has once again turned to Garrisons, Player Housing & Dress up.

Usually a pretty good indicator that the current expansion has already blown its load. That was a little "premature".

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

Archeage letting you upload images to items was amazing. On my server, there was a North Korean embassy house that had pictures of Kim Jong Un all over and propaganda posters.

I used those skinnable cubes and made a big screen TV with Rick&Morty playing on it

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Were these already posted? Or is this another round of nerfs to dungeons/raid?

Kaivax
664 posts
Community Manager
4h

With hotfixes that will go live during scheduled weekly maintenance this week (tomorrow, February 9 in this region), we will make the following tuning adjustments to many dungeon and raid encounters.
Dungeons and Raids
De Other Side

• Mythic Keystone timer increased to 43 minutes (was 41 minutes).
  • Hakkar
    • Son of Hakkar melee damage reduced by 50%.
    • Blood Nova damage reduced by 20%.
  • Dealer Xy’exa
    • Arcane Lightning damage reduced by 25%.
Necrotic Wake
  • Nalthor the Rimebinder
    • Champion’s Boon duration increased to 30 seconds (was 15 seconds).
Spires of Ascension
  • Ventunax
    • Dark Stride duration decreased to 15 seconds (was 20 seconds).
Theater of Pain
  • Xav the Unfallen
    • Health reduced by 10%.
Castle Natrhia
  • Artificer Xy’mox
    • Glyph of Destruction damage reduced by up to 20%, depending on group size, on Raid Finder, Normal, and Heroic difficulties.
    • Withering Touch damage reduced by up to 20%, depending on group size, on Raid Finder, Normal, and Heroic difficulties.
  • Sun King’s Salvation
    • Soul Infusers, Vile Occultists, Bleakwing Assassins, Pestering Fiends, and Rockbound Vanquishers’ health reduced by 10% on Raid Finder, Normal, and Heroic difficulties.
  • Lady Inerva Darkvein
    • Lady Inerva Darkvein now throws fewer bottles for smaller raid sizes, scaling from 1 to 3 (was 2 to 3) on Normal difficulty, and scaling from 2 to 4 (was 3 to 4) on Heroic difficulty.
    • Anima Web now does up to 20% less damage for raids with fewer than 30 players on Normal and Heroic difficulties.
    • Shared Suffering now does up to 20% less damage for raids with 10 players on Normal and Heroic difficulties.
    • Base health for Conjured Manifestations and Harnessed Specters is now lower for raids with fewer than 30 players on Normal and Heroic Raid difficulties.
  • Sludgefist
    • Fixed an issue that caused Chain Slam damage to not scale correctly with group size on Heroic difficulty.
    • Chain Slam damage reduced by up to 35%, depending on group size, on Heroic difficulty.
    • Colossal Roar damage reduced by up to 20%, depending on group size, on Raid Finder, Normal, and Heroic difficulties.
  • Stone Legion Generals
    • Overall damage scaling updated, with damage having been decreased by 25% for 10-player raids and increased by 10% for 30-player raids on Raid Finder and Normal difficulties.
    • Overall damage scaling updated, with damage having been decreased by 33% for 10-player raids and increased by 17% for 30-player raids on Heroic difficulties.
    • Stone Legion Goliath health decreased 11.1% on Mythic difficulty.
    • Stone Legion Skirmisher health decreased 10% on Mythic difficulty.
    • Heart Rend now targets 1 to 3 players, scaling from 10 to 30-player raid sizes, on Heroic difficulty.
    • Seismic Upheaval now targets 4 to 10 players, scaling from 10 to 30-player raid sizes, on Normal and Heroic difficulties.
    • Seismic Upheaval now targets 3 to 5 players, scaling from 10 to 30-player raid sizes, on Raid Finder difficulty.
    • Wicked Laceration damage now scales with the number of players on Normal and Heroic difficulties
  • Sire Denathrius
    • Crimson Cabalist health reduced by up to 10%, depending on group size, on Raid Finder, Normal, and Heroic difficulties.
Additionally, with a hotfix that is now live, Nadjia’s Familiar Predicaments will no longer unintentionally reduce the duration of Dancing Fever.