World of Warcraft: Current Year

Goonsquad Officer
I haven't been following this at all. The thing about this I find funniest is all the people moving from WoW to FFXIV, citing the sexism. I'm pretty sure it's literally impossible for a US corporation to be more sexist than a Japanese one, regardless of what happened.
Good.jpg

Joking aside, any man who supports woke gender equality safe space froo froo wokism is a Weasley snake just pretending to be empathic with women long enough to rape them. So I would wager Japan more openly sexist, but has far less drug and alcohol induced pervish molestings per capita

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
>P-please sir - they're harassing me every single day. They even came into my cubicle drunk and made me feel uncomfortable during work hours.
>Will you do something about your employees?
>I think I want to press charges

Woah hey hey, charges, you want to press charges?

jawobyP.png

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Just curious, so how many people here are planning to cancel their WoW subscription, cancel their game pre-orders or will no longer support Blizzard?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Bruh you may wanna read the state's charges before you go all the way here. It starts off with "that doesn't sound so bad" stuff like people getting slammed junk and crawling under cubicles but then proceeds to shit like suicide.
Would never come to the defense of Blizz (in fact, I hope this sinks the company and they're forced to turn off their servers - I also hope this kills development on any new IP's) but the suicide thing is completely out of context. It could have been any number of things like, I don't know, mental illness (I know, super rare in the gaming industry circa 2021 with all these super stable new hires), BPD, issues at home, substance abuse, etc. Just because they were in a (what appears to be) physical relationship doesn't mean he and/or Blizzard drove her to suicide. A lot of the charges here look like straight up gas-lighting thrown in to reinforce the culture when they could be completely unrelated.

Now the Furor stuff I suspect is 100% true and the work culture seems like it's 100% true as well, given what we've seen the past 5 years or so. Also, all the departures are making a ton more sense - I would love them to hang ALL of this on JAB if for no other reason than a man with hair like that deserves to be punished for something. The confidence (rofl) to walk around like a wizard in California is jail worthy imo

• 1Like

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
How is this a surprise at all? Jeff Kaplans EQ character was Tigole Bitties for gods sakes..

• 3Picard
  • 1Faggotry
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Just curious, so how many people here are planning to cancel their WoW subscription, cancel their game pre-orders or will no longer support Blizzard?
I mean yeah. But it had nothing to do with Furor playing 50 shades with ham planets.

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I mean yeah. But it had nothing to do with Furor playing 50 shades with ham planets.
Reason why I asked I been noticing people saying they are quitting, boycotting and no longer supporting ActiBlizz. I haven’t seen it here yet. I personally haven’t played a Blizz game (other than D2) in over a year but I will definitely will be playing D2:R. My reason is probably like yours and many others is the shit quality games they been putting out. But I’m sure this scandal may be the final coffin in the nail for some people.

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Reason why I asked I been noticing people saying they are quitting, boycotting and no longer supporting ActiBlizz. I haven’t seen it here yet. I personally haven’t played a Blizz game (other than D2) in over a year but I will definitely will be playing D2:R. My reason is probably like yours and many others is the shit quality games they been putting out. But I’m sure this scandal may be the final coffin in the nail for some people.
My opinion is that this shit shouldn’t happen. But my opinion is it seems to only happen with a certain type of people. And the people touched that are also of that say…political persuasion always seems to blow this shit out of the water and make shit up. So I’m kind of shrugging at this.

It’s way more about the shit games. And the fact that these idiots are making their best bank by cleaning up older classics and repackaging something they had no part in making. Maybe Brevik gets a nickel each time someone buys D2:R but I doubt it. Just like I doubt that Kaplan and the former classic devs get anything. I get it. It’s Blizz’s IP because it was built there. But that’s my principled voting on my dollar.

I’ve debated playing Project Diablo but I can’t seem to find my discs or key. So I don’t want to rebuy. But maybe that would send a message too.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
How is this a surprise at all? Jeff Kaplans EQ character was Tigole Bitties for gods sakes..
Weren't they college aged back then? did Furor defile planes in real life?
I'm sure the SJWs will continue to /spit on his ingame character and continue to pay but be loud and obnoxious. If you play retail at this point you are probably so emotionally committed as there is no other reason to play except for sunk time.

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>

Over this? There are so many reasons to do that already. The game is an absolute fucking shitshow and has been all of BFA as well.

At this point if you're still playing this fucking game, you're fucking brain dead and deserve to be drunk raped by Furor with Tigole watching.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Over this? There are so many reasons to do that already. The game is an absolute fucking shitshow and has been all of BFA as well.

At this point if you're still playing this fucking game, you're fucking brain dead and deserve to be drunk raped by Furor with Tigole watching.

Yeah, I don't think this helps and it will just assist in the continuing of the game's decline but I'm not think this causes any type of mass exodus. I'm sure it doesn't help and may push a few folks on the fence but they're already riding a negative trend.

Our guild essentially said they would play anything else if they could. I love FF14 but our guild really can't get into it. We'll keep on playing WoW for the sake of maintaining our guild but even before this incident, we would jump right now to any game if it was something the core of our guild felt they could be comfortable transitioning to.

We actually tried FF14 but some of our folks felt bogged down by some of the story elements but here's hoping Ashes or New World brings us new life.

• 1Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 users

Goonsquad Officer
I figure the shitty games are creating disdain from actual players, and the #metoo stuff is creating disdain from the "game journalist" and SJW Social media harpy class. hilariously the latter is what scares the company and the stock holders even though they don't play the game as much.

in short, they are not positioned to be an accesssory to anyone's identity or center of anyone's entertainment well. which is pretty shitty for a company that wants to 'entertain you' or rather 'consume lots of your time so you maybe spend some money in the cash shop'.

the only winners here are the #metoo hogs that get to pretend to be desirable and victims all at once.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

nu_11

"Women in tech."

Can we also get more women plumbers and women garbage workers and women sewer workers?

• 6Like