World of Warcraft: Current Year

Vedette

<Donor>
Its the same for most jobs. If youre a good reliable worker it likely isnt very hard for you to find a job. Unions only serve to inflate the cost of labor as much as possible and protect the most worthless/lazy employees.

Is that you Jeff Bezos?

I like that you admit union workers get paid more in an opinion denouncing unions. Dumbass is on this board giving a take about how unions are evil because labor takes a bigger piece of the pie over the C-suite.

America has never had worse income inequality.

Bezos has people pissing in cups while he literally shoots his money into space.

Bobby took in 200 million while cuting 1k jobs.

The rich are doing just fine dude. They don't need your mouth breathing ass to give some simping simpleton opinion on the internet.

So please do us all a favor, and STFU.

• 10Like
  • 5Moron
  • 1Imbecile
Reactions: 15 users

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Unions have their downsides but they can certainly help workers that aren't being treated like they should be. It's also a hell of a lot better for the company to have a union tell them "your sexual harassment policies aren't in place or aren't being followed" then to wait until the government comes in and does it, as it has in this case.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Is that you Jeff Bezos?

I like that you admit union workers get paid more in an opinion denouncing unions. Dumbass is on this board giving a take about how unions are evil because labor takes a bigger piece of the pie over the C-suite.

Bezos has people pissing in cups while he literally shoots his money into space.

The rich are doing just fine dude. They don't need your mouth breathing ass to give some simping simpleton opinion on the internet.

If you've read my other postings on this board you would know I do not hold the likes of bezos or megacorps in high esteem.

But hey youre bitching about income equality so we already know you're a moron who doesn't understand economics and money.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Is that you Jeff Bezos?

I grew up with the Stevedore's Union. They absolutely do protect all of their completely worthless shitbird drunk members to the bitter end. To the extent of catching drunk members on camera robbing the people they are supposedly working for then going on strike until the company drops it. The assholes got to keep their stolen loot too. This is why everyone hates them. If they policed their own they'd be a lot more respectable. But they don't because an attack on one is an attack on all so it's a race to the bottom.

A forklift driver in the West Coast Stevedore's union can break $170k a year. Oh and they only hire friends and family, nepotism is king there. Fuck them dude.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Is that you Jeff Bezos?

LMAO.

What do you think an Amazon delivery driver should make an hour?

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Is that you Jeff Bezos?

100% this guys job is to stand around in a circle with two other assholes while guarding one hammer.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
100% this guys job is to stand around in a circle with two other assholes while guarding one hammer.
Im pretty sure his current job is to mooch unemployment

• 2Truth!

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
"Blizzard Time" is what they called it when half drugged cosplayers who were locked in the Cosby Suite started to wake up not knowing how many days had passed. They'd ask when they could leave and Alex would just grin at them and say "when it's done".

Soon™

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Public sector unions, particularly the teachers and cops, have given all unions a bad name, along with some of those involved with federal contracts.

Verizon has a pretty good union. The reason that you get a qualified in-house tech when you get FIOS installed in your house, instead of some shitty subcontractor that fucks the entire job up, is because of Verizon's union. UPS is another example of a company with a good union. The Teamsters should unionize Amazon delivery and warehouse work.

A union for video game employees might help keep more of those jobs in the US, rather than being shipped out to China, and by keeping those jobs in the US, that could possibly help prevent every single video game from becoming a Chinese mobile clone. But if done poorly, it could have the opposite effect and accelerate the move of those jobs off-shore.

• 7Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 7 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
While public-sector unions shouldn't exist I'd argue that the Stevedore's Union is worse. Do you know the season of the Wire where the port union was constantly robbing the port containers and stuff? That is them.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
While public-sector unions shouldn't exist I'd argue that the Stevedore's Union is worse. Do you know the season of the Wire where the port union was constantly robbing the port containers and stuff? That is them.
I love when people use examples from works of fiction to try to make a point about the real world.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
  • 2Picard
Reactions: 7 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I love when people use examples from works of fiction to try to make a point about the real world.
God damn read above. I literally grew up with those assholes just on the West Coast. It was quite accurate.

• 2Like

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
The big issue with unions in America is our labor laws create "shop" unions, where a single specific union has to win an election at a specific work site, once they do, everyone at that work site is represented by that union (in a closed shop which I think may not even be legal anymore, but if so it's a state by state thing, only union members can even work there--but even in open shops the union can collect dues and has sole right to collectively represent you), this lead to "corrupt capture" of unions for use in more nefarious things like racketeering and pay to play schemes. The way sectoral unions work in Europe is a lot healthier, you basically have the right to join any union that represents your sector, say you're an electrician and there are 4 electricians unions, you can pick which of the four you want to join. This keeps the unions honest because they are perpetually competing for members, and if one becomes too shitty and corrupt it's easy to switch to another. Employers are legally bound to negotiate in good faith with the sectoral unions, whether they have 1 person in their company as a member of that union or 50,000.

The union system in America was largely designed by anti-union forces in a corrupt fashion that made union leaders happy in the 1940s but all but guaranteed their long term failure in America.

Public sector unions largely should not exist at all, and didn't until like the 70s or something. And for good reason--public sector employees have the strenuous protections of the civil service system, which are far and above what people in private employ have. There's lots of legally defined processes where civil servants can make sure they are treated equitably.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
God damn read above. I literally grew up with those assholes just on the West Coast. It was quite accurate.
Being Italian in Rhode Island, I know/am related to a lot of port workers too, mostly they trade favors for cartons of weird cigarettes from rando countries and let drugs come into the country because they're being paid to look the other way by some other criminal enterprise.

You know where else that happens a lot? Private airports and marinas. Lots of rich people's planes and boats have drugs in their cargo holds, generally unbeknownst to the owners. These places aren't unionized. The behavior has nothing to do with the union; any place where more cargo moves through than is possible to reasonably police and inspect, you're going to see a lot of shady shit happening.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
1627567751703.png

• 12Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 14 users

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I'm just waiting for the inevitable that these forums become linked to the shit going down at Blizzard and we'll have to nuke them to avoid being doxed!

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Goonsquad Officer
I'm just waiting for the inevitable that these forums become linked to the shit going down at Blizzard and we'll have to nuke them to avoid being doxed!
arnt some gated behind log in? seems if people start to sperg-in you just cut off account creation and hide most of them.