World of Warcraft: Current Year

Cybsled

I actually logged onto the TBC PTR to check this because it seems really stupid and you're right. Blizz is dumb.

Eh, not super surprising. They've been removing shit for years. The Bob Marley "kill two dwarves in the morning" Troll /silly was nuked around the time TBC came out. They also removed other flirt/silly sayings

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Now that it's knives out, it looks like there's still a lot of unfinished business and infighting:

At this point, I don't know who I'd trust until a judge and jury processed the whole case.

So wait, this is a guy me too'ing a woman at Blizzard?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
E7askcUVIAIsd8Y

I mean, technically, having your dick inside fangirls is a way to be "connected to your community."

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 4 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
A joke in poor taste is still just a joke. Not a capital crime.

Since when is being held to a standard of respect at work a crime. None of them are facing any sort of criminal complaint other than the social outfall from there stupidity

EDIT particularly stupid when your customer base is in the millions

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
More gas for the fire. Toilet mounted cameras at Activision?

• 10Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 10 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
More gas for the fire. Toilet mounted cameras at Activision?

That seems like a huuuuge reach trying to attached what that guy did (and was arrested for) to the "frat boy culture" at Blizz. /shrug

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

elbas

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, there's a difference between rando nerds acting in typical rando nerd ways versus saying the company encouraged that kind of culture. Even the same with the note. A game company is going to have a high percentage of socially awkward virgins who haven't really even been in a relationship. Awkward interactions are going to come with the territory in these environments. Something like being weirdly hyperfocused may actually be one of the reasons they are successful as a programmer even though it makes for weird relationships. It doesn't make it okay, but people shouldn't freak out because someone got overly attached. If someone is bothered by it, recognize the early signs and defect. If it becomes problematic, notify management. But it's unreasonable to expect management to be able to magically deal with awkward coworkers if they don't know about them.

nu_11

Hey guys!!! Look at all the women in this photo! Can we also take a moment to appreciate all the other great games created by women please.....
The only women who've had a positive effect on gaming
iu

iu
What do they have in common?
they're both men

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
But I can also see a cult following of a ton of woman that would throw themselves on the top of the pile to be with a top blizz dev and all the perks that came with it.
Bill Burr had an entire bit about this. Its been this way since time immemorial.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Was watching some YouTube today and Asmongold was having a blast doing the joke boss Good King Moogle Mog XII (Extreme) with 7 people who had never done it before to prove his raid leader credentials.

Meanwhile Bellular is seething over the latest embarassing Game of Throne S7 style cinematic that makes no sense and wondering why cosmological charts in two different lore books are in a slightly different order.

It's just a night and day difference between the sheer joy of the FF14 community, who are getting record subs/views, and the suicidal despair of the WoW community who don't know if their WoW centered buisness can survive.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yeah I remeber that shit. Whole bunch of streamers got cancelled. Some in WoW, like shifty, some in Destiny 2 even got hit with accusations. Dont remember the names. again attention whores for their 5 min of fame, only to ruin someone fucking career. I hope cunts like that rot in hell.
XQC promised to never attend a con again after that. Citing it wasn't worth the risk to his brand.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Was watching some YouTube today and Asmongold was having a blast doing the joke boss Good King Moogle Mog XII (Extreme) with 7 people who had never done it before to prove his raid leader credentials.

Meanwhile Bellular is seething over the latest embarassing Game of Throne S7 style cinematic that makes no sense and wondering why cosmological charts in two different lore books are in a slightly different order.

It's just a night and day difference between the sheer joy of the FF14 community, who are getting record subs/views, and the suicidal despair of the WoW community who don't know if their WoW centered buisness can survive.
Eh, now why would Asmon go out of his way to do a raid with people who've never done it, if the FFXIV community is such a wonderful group of people? Right, if he didn't, he would be roasted / criticized by that same community for being carried. In general the FFXIV community is pretty chill, especially compared to WoW, but there are plenty of salty fucks there.