World of Warcraft: Current Year

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
They need to enable the double down Harrow emote thing outside of screenshots for people who bring politics / vaccine talk here :p

Anyone else here give up on live and hanging around TBC?

• 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm hanging around League of Legends again and will give New World a run on release.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
1628495280914.png

It's amazing that the company is letting all these retards post their hot takes on social media while all of this is going on. Especially the dumb asses antagonizing players.

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
The systems in modern WoW are just terrible, full stop. You have like 6 different currencies with 6 different grinds and 3 different 'talent' systems that are all borrowed power.

Here's the giant reductio ad absurdum of the whole covenant system: in order to keep them somewhat balanced you have to make them completely uninteresting with mostly flat damage bonuses. And even then they are still not balanced.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
View attachment 366065

It's amazing that the company is letting all these retards post their hot takes on social media while all of this is going on. Especially the dumb asses antagonizing players.

in this situation they can't do shit. Any attempt to restrict their employees would have "but muh free speech" written all over it.
Blizzard just fucked fuck at the start when they were signing contracts. They should have made sure middle management just can't go off one social media. In this day and age you can't have your employees put that vague disclaimer which says something like "opinions expressed are solely my own and do not express the views or opinions of my employer" and think people would actually differentiate between personal and corporate. Any blizz employee making any tweet is seen as company line

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
My guess is they're not 'letting them', but some people are just too stupid to know when to shut up.

Xelnath (designer for the MoP warlock changes) was fired from Blizzard after he publicly stated in an mmo-champion thread that he was overruled by the design team about the impact of chaos bolt, and that he thought that decision was wrong.

Clearly something has changed regarding public communication policy in Blizzard since then.

Chris

Potato del Grande
The systems in modern WoW are just terrible, full stop. You have like 6 different currencies with 6 different grinds and 3 different 'talent' systems that are all borrowed power.

Here's the giant reductio ad absurdum of the whole covenant system: in order to keep them somewhat balanced you have to make them completely uninteresting with mostly flat damage bonuses. And even then they are still not balanced.
They need to stop designing systems, they have enough.

Here is what I would do:

Gear drops from boss or bought with badges as a guard against bad luck. Your systems are enchants, sockets and glyphs. Define what each one is for.

I'd go enchantments for long term item customizations, medium cost via enchanting and not designed to change between raid bosses. So mostly large stat buffs. This is already designed and implemented.

I'd go sockets for prestige stuff like beating higher difficulty levels like the same item level gear drops but with sockets instead of increased item level. High cost via jewelcrafting and not designed to change between raid bosses. So small stat buffs. Maybe you get a legendary gem for beating end bosses. This is already designed and implemented.

I'd go glyphs for talent tree style stuff, designed to be cheap via Inscription and easy to swap out between bosses if you want to minmax. While this is already designed and implemented, they never got this one right so make a nicer UI for it based on what you learned from talent trees, artifacts and soulbinds.

FF14 only has sockets, this is an area where WoW should be crushing them, but they made it a detriment somehow.

This was all working well in early expansions, particularily Burning Crusade/WotLK - go back.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The best thing they could do for modern wow is to retire it. Start fresh with vanilla that they have, and add new shit from there keeping in the spirit of the vanilla experience. They could call it WOW alternate universe or some shit.

• 3Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
They can't make a new jack and shit as one as they have people who

A. hate their own playerbase
B. Don't play or love the MMORPG genre
C. Aren't PC focused gamers

The next company who want's to make a bajillion fucking dollars needs to make a VR persistent world, EQ made a breakthrough turing MUD games into UI games, now some new Brad faggot needs to make a UI game into an occulus rift game.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
The best thing to come out of this potentially, would be them finally making a new god damn game. Get off this old engine, pick a different era, jump into the future, or do an alternate time line, modernize the game, and pray that they don't fuck it up. They can hope a lot of the heat dies down in the years of development, so they don't get spit and roasted right out the gate. I mean it's doomed to fail, with the modern day woke hiring pool, but one can hope.

• 1Dislike

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
They can't make a new jack and shit as one as they have people who

A. hate their own playerbase
B. Don't play or love the MMORPG genre
C. Aren't PC focused gamers

The next company who want's to make a bajillion fucking dollars needs to make a VR persistent world, EQ made a breakthrough turing MUD games into UI games, now some new Brad faggot needs to make a UI game into an occulus rift game.
Thats true. The real gamers that made those games are all fucking gone now, either retired or at some other company making real games. Allt hats left is the wanna be game developer virtue signaling cunts that infiltrated that company under the guise of diversity.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Xelnath (designer for the MoP warlock changes) was fired from Blizzard after he publicly stated in an mmo-champion thread that he was overruled by the design team about the impact of chaos bolt, and that he thought that decision was wrong.

Clearly something has changed regarding public communication policy in Blizzard since then.
Yes, women saying they were harassed.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The best thing to come out of this potentially, would be them finally making a new god damn game. Get off this old engine, pick a different era, jump into the future, or do an alternate time line, modernize the game, and pray that they don't fuck it up. They can hope a lot of the heat dies down in the years of development, so they don't get spit and roasted right out the gate. I mean it's doomed to fail, with the modern day woke hiring pool, but one can hope.
Modern WoW's engine seems pretty good though? I guess you might have an issue with the art style / direction (fuck the shoulder armor...still).

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Part of me does wonder why Acti-Blizz never tried to license the base engine of WoW. I suppose it was fear of letting another DOTA emerge from their work, but if they structured the licensing right it could have been a significant revenue source.