World of Warcraft: Current Year

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
About dungeons, the timed aspect of M+ has to go, it's so stressful and the source of the toxicity.
One first step in the right direction would be to not have your key deplete on failure, and to have a choice to deplete your key willingly. Or have an item drop from successful runs to boost a key back up if you fail.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The fact that speed is the sole metric of success for M+ is just silly. Some should just be hard as hell to even clear, others should have different success criteria like 'total amount healed < X' or 'Health never drops below Y' or whatever.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The fact that speed is the sole metric of success for M+ is just silly. Some should just be hard as hell to even clear, others should have different success criteria like 'total amount healed < X' or 'Health never drops below Y' or whatever.

Going to guess that their forums have recommended a bajillion different creative and interesting ways to add challenge other than a timer and Blizzard has went with none of them.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Going to guess that their forums have recommended a bajillion different creative and interesting ways to add challenge other than a timer and Blizzard has went with none of them.
It should be pretty obvious by now that the Blizzard game designers have a severe case of "not invented here" syndrome.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
It's a weird contradiction, since Blizzard has always been known to just take other people's ideas and polish them up. I'd say WoW started suffering the most from its own success when it killed off all the competition and lost new MMOs to steal ideas from. At that point, they just started stealing ideas from Diablo / mobile games. Shit, Warcraft itself is a failed pitch for a Warhammer game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
It's a weird contradiction, since Blizzard has always been known to just take other people's ideas and polish them up. I'd say WoW started suffering the most from its own success when it killed off all the competition and lost new MMOs to steal ideas from. At that point, they just started stealing ideas from Diablo / mobile games. Shit, Warcraft itself is a failed pitch for a Warhammer game.

They were fine blatantly stealing from other companies and calling it their own, but the complete and total disdain they have for their playerbase has always been a core staple of WoW. Which is funny since many of their best and brightest came from EQ guild leaders.

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They were fine blatantly stealing from other companies and calling it their own, but the complete and total disdain they have for their playerbase has always been a core staple of WoW. Which is funny since many of their best and brightest came from EQ guild leaders.
I mean, being a guild/raid leader is a pretty easy way to build a healthy disrespect/loathing toward MMO players.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don’t know what to make of that Microsoft deal
All those shitlib employees are now going to boast how they work for microsoft now(maybe). Truly gross.

They paid so much for the IPs but they also acquired a shitload of cancer and washed up devs.

I hope Microsoft fires all of them. They really did well with acquiring minecraft.

The fact they picked up minecraft for a paltry 2.5billion and paid almost 69 billion dollars for activision-blizzard is just fucking mind blowing.

Cybsled

Microsoft owns Actiblizzard
Microsoft owns Bethesda
Inb4 doom, fallout, Skyrim crossovers with WoW

• 1Weird Boner
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
How about seperate criteria for everyone?

Tank has to take less damage per second in combat.

Healer has to have higher average party health % per second in combat.

DPS has to have less total seconds in combat, but they don't need to chain pull as breaks between packs doesn't count to the timer.

That incentivises Tanks to mitigate, Healers to heal quickly and DPS to do more damage. Then there's cross class stuff people can do to help each other like Healers sheilding the Tank or doing more damage.

Would probably lead to meta parties though.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
How about seperate criteria for everyone?

Tank has to take less damage per second in combat.

Healer has to have higher average party health % per second in combat.

DPS has to have less total seconds in combat, but they don't need to chain pull as breaks between packs doesn't count to the timer.

That incentivises Tanks to mitigate, Healers to heal quickly and DPS to do more damage. Then there's cross class stuff people can do to help each other like Healers sheilding the Tank or doing more damage.

Would probably lead to meta parties though.
Why does the shit even need to be complicated to that degree? timed? any of that shit? Just make the dungeon harder with more damage, more hp, more affixes. Designing bull shit metrics to squash degenerate gameplay that only 0.01% of the player base actually tries to do is bullshit and needs to die in a fire. I give zero fucks if someone cheeses out a dungeon and it takes them 10 hours to do. Stop the gear progression at 15, stop cosmetic progression at 20 and move the fuck on. If you can skip mobs great, if you cant idc.

• 5Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Why does the shit even need to be complicated to that degree? timed? any of that shit? Just make the dungeon harder with more damage, more hp, more affixes. Designing bull shit metrics to squash degenerate gameplay that only 0.01% of the player base actually tries to do is bullshit and needs to die in a fire. I give zero fucks if someone cheeses out a dungeon and it takes them 10 hours to do. Stop the gear progression at 15, stop cosmetic progression at 20 and move the fuck on. If you can skip mobs great, if you cant idc.
You are 100% correct.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
OG Mists of Pandaria challenge modes felt like that. I went in with a pre-made of decent raiders and we had a hell of a time our first time through just clearing, let alone timing it. I'll never understand artificial shit like M+ timers, enrage mechanics, etc. If some shit-cans want to take 4 hours to slowly whittle down a boss or 'cheese' a mechanic, then who cares? The price they pay is their time. I remember warlock tanking Sarth3d and thought that shit was awesome. Why are developers so upset by people beating their content outside of their prescribed / designed way?

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No wonder people say stuff like "WoW PvP is gay:

jhvk.png

• 1Tiresome