World of Warcraft: Current Year

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I really dont care about the workers, they could be a bunch of complete assholes, stalkers, into furries, my little pony w/e. If the game is fun and interesting, I will play it. But nothing about this seems interesting. The crafting stuff is semi intriguing, but such a small part of the game after the intial rush. The talent trees just look like they just have more things people wont pick, but the same amount of points. Where is the draw, the hook? The new race is just dumb, though not as bad as FFXIV dragon race or god forbid drakkin from EQ.

Drakkin was the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw these. WoW has copied EQ so much over the years that I guess Drakkin was next. They already did the joke race (Froglok/Panda) and the Asian expansion (DoN/MoP).

All that's really left is a time-travel expansion with space battles, like Seeds of Destruction, which we'll probably get with the Void Lords expac.

Then again Legion had a litle bit of SoD in it, like Edge of Destruction being the name of one of the events in the space citadel.

Either way, since Dragonflight is real, I'm inclined to give even more credibility to the leaks that there are four expansions left (Dragonflight, Elemental planes, Old Gods / Sha?, and Void Lords). At least there's an endgame in mind and something to build towards, even if they're doing a poor job getting there.

My main gripe with WoW continues to be how they completely reset the game with every expansion. It's unrecognizable every time I go back and play it for a couple months, which takes away any remote sense of progression or power gain (aka the things that'll keep me interested).

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Dear god those dragonkin models look horrifying.
I don't keep up on things but are these choker things

View attachment 408676

still regarded as black belts in sucking dick?
Retarded trannnies love wearing them because they love to make their female alter egos complete caraictures of women so embrace anything "cute" or feminine.

Looks like they still have her wearing thigh highs at least. They covered up her stomach though, guess someone at Blizzard really hates middriffs. Jaina, Sylvanas and now her all have all had their abs covered up.

Last edited:

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
They kept things super simple this time which is a plus, new talent system was long overdo. Work orders for professions is a cool idea. Interactive flying rather than auto-run is a nice change.

The irony is that the drakkin race/class is the least interesting thing they showed.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

tower

Golden Knight of the Realm
The new dragon race looks shockingly low-res for some reason. It's barely a step up from the drakkin race in EQ1.

bg21.jpg
I actually cant get over how much the drannies look like EQ2 models to me. Where they were just ugly and super uncanny valley contrasted to what Blizzard was releasing back then. They've fully transitioned into the out of touch, ossified husk they once replaced.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The main thing I remember from first patch wrath was people not being willing to take tanks below a certain defense threshold for dungeons, but that threshold required having dungeon tank gear

• 1Worf

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The main thing I remember from first patch wrath was people not being willing to take tanks below a certain defense threshold for dungeons, but that threshold required having dungeon tank gear
Ya "Defense" as a stat. You could do normals without Defense, but Heroics needed (iirc) 460 Defense. If you didnt have that, Anubrakahn or w/e would one shot you with one of his special attacks. But maybe Im just remembering it wrong, idk. For some reason, I thought I farmed Sons of Hodir for the head enchant for defense. But looking it up to verify, it just looks like Frost Resist and Stamina. So idek anymore, maybe it was changed. Was thinking of the Shoulder inscription, so ya.. Farming Sons of Hodir. Shits been forever ago but ya, Im another person that played the entirety of WOTLK so when it launches, I might very well be tempted to do classic for a change.

• 1Like

Cybsled

The side systems were more interesting than the core xpac reveal, although that is in part due to how vague it was in terms of story. We go to dragon isle and stuff will happen. Granted you can’t blow your story load right away, but you want a decent hook if you’re trying to get players to get re-engaged.

The work order idea is fantastic. I wonder if it will let people use engi gadgets that used to be BoP? Adding HQ crafting like FF14 has will help make crafting more viable hopefully. The crafting/gathering gear taking a page from FFXIV was also a good idea.

The crafting station change makes me think that was their main takeaway from new world

Talents i would want to see more info. The problem WoW always ran into is each xpac expanding or redoing talents. While they acknowledged borrowed power was frustrating, this system could result in the same thing due to mudflation, etc

The dragon mount thing strikes me as a combo of guild wars 2 and lost ark boats

It shows some initial promise

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I don't expect that is how they'll look at launch. At least I hope they don't look like that.
I dunno, why would you show off unfinished designs for whats supposed to be your marquee feature?

This should have been a layup for Blizzard as there already exist alright looking dragon hybrid creatures in the wow universe they could have easily repurposed. Big and swoll is the way to go with them, the slimmer/petite frame what theyve shown off makes you instantly think furry/scalie;

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Sad as it is, if the new talent system is actually good I'll probably play this when it comes out for a few months, because I have an addiction to fiddling with talent points.

• 2Hodjing
  • 1Tiresome
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Huge threads everywhere I go of people shitting on the new races look. Coming straight out and calling them "Scalies" which I didnt even know was a thing till today (I dont actively follow degenerative culture, my bad.) I would say they'll probably change it out of popular demand, but I never expected those little furry fker's to be a playable race either.