World of Warcraft: Current Year

Cybsled

There was some mention about how people who could 'best use their momentum' would be rewarded by accessing higher areas. I'm guessing it'll be a time gated glorified glider until you sit on the egg for 3 weeks and then mouth feed the dragon 300 isle worms (gated at 50 a week).

Ya, Ion said something like "flying in a sense", so it will definitely be some manner of incremental grind to fully unlock normal flight. If I had to guess, they'll probably do something where as you progress through each of the 4 zones, you unlock some dragon training thingy that lets you eventually get full dragonflight. Or that is what they should do. If they add some "lol do 2 months of dailies" shit, then they are idiots.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
If any of the dumb dumbs watched the shit videos Blizzard released you can see the fag dragons gliding toward to ground. You see zero increase in elevation on any of it. To turbo tards this is flying on day one.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ya, Ion said something like "flying in a sense", so it will definitely be some manner of incremental grind to fully unlock normal flight. If I had to guess, they'll probably do something where as you progress through each of the 4 zones, you unlock some dragon training thingy that lets you eventually get full dragonflight. Or that is what they should do. If they add some "lol do 2 months of dailies" shit, then they are idiots.
Maybe they'll do this thing where you have to grab a certain number of collectibles in a zone to unlock flying, but the last one isn't made available until the main storyline of the zone is done so you don't disrupt the flow of the story.

• 7Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 7 users

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Hamlet used to be in Juggernaut with me. I just got off the phone with xer. According to xer, flying will only be unlocked if you put pronouns in your Blizzard forum signature.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
1650430276906.png

• 9Worf
  • 3Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 13 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Hamlet used to be in Juggernaut with me. I just got off the phone with xer. According to xer, flying will only be unlocked if you put pronouns in your Blizzard forum signature.

I am surprised the new race isn't purely androgynous. When will they boycott and go on strike over the game only having 2 genders. Also didn't everyone from Elitest Jerks become tranbalionians?

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
They learned their lessons so much they promoted Ion to VP.
Well, I have been promoted in the past, too because everyone good above me left the company

jokes aside I really want to know how much influence certain people and movements have over the game development at this point.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Need to grind your timegated dragon bucks so your little dragon buddy can increase his glide ratio by 1% a week. Oh wait that's way too fast. 0.3% a week is probably more like it. Need to milk out at least a year of content from that.

Oh, most definitely expect tons of that stupid MoP "dragon racing" shit you had to do to get the dragon mount there. Except the race challenges are more retarded.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
So you can have your dragon character either look like a bipedal dragon or a human with draconic features?

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
It'll be a glider of some sort that you can only unlock after you no longer have a need for it. For sure, they'll nerf all the existing gliders and make them not work in the new zones.

Then at some point a year after the xpac was released, you'll be able to get your pathfinder type flying.

Blizz never gives new things. They only take away things we had before and make us earn them again and call it a feature...like they did with flight paths in SL.

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
You can tell they’ve ran out of ideas from the OG Warcraft people (yes who aped Warhammer hard), but this Dragonkin thing fits about as well as vulpera and other shit races lately.

• 1Like

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well, I have been promoted in the past, too because everyone good above me left the company

jokes aside I really want to know how much influence certain people and movements have over the game development at this point.
You mean like changing old pictures of women in game to fruit and breast reductions for every major female, oh and making Chromy Trans? Pretty sure we all know how much influence they have, when you have a trans on your first major announcement in a long time.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
"We've added an entirely new and unique chore experience yet again"

That's all I hear whenever WoW devs speak

• 3Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 5 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
The whole 'mortal form' bit makes no bloody sense given that their excuse for why evokers are Dracthyr only us because they use their wings etc to jump up into the air and do strafing runs etc.

Apparently no one told Ion that Demonhunters have wings as part of their class schtick or that magic exists in the World of Warcraft.

Then again the Evoker abilities seem to align completely with D&D definitions of chromatic dragon colors despite Warcraft having gone out of their way to distance themselves from the Red = Fire, Blue = Lightning, etc. business.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users