World of Warcraft: Current Year

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
If you have no gaming experience, why would Blizzard be your dream job? Can be a recruiter anywhere.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

Because she is posting it publicly and Blizzard reacted to it. what else is she going to say? "I landed a job at Blizzard. Pay is okay, hopefully I can leverage this to get into another company 3 years from now!"

• 2Moron
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
They really think people are so stupid they won't look at what she lists as her job.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
You're also looking at LinkedIn which 'experience' means in the gaming industry, not the customer side of things. She loves playing vidja if you bothered reading the post.

1662947321723.png

If you're a good recruiter, you don't need to know shit about the field. You'll get specs for hires, and you'll get them in front of the right people for interviews.

Seems like everyone's just pointing at the word experience because you have a narrative to fill of "Blizzard is hiring people to work on their game that don't play games" and picking the first woman you see in a job role that actually doesn't interface with the game's production at all with a word that may look like at first glace to prove that narrative.

This is like blaming a Lead Platform Engineer for a quest you don't like in WoW. Dude's just trying to make it easy to use the BNet app. He has zero to do with your fucking quest.

Last edited:

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think the complaint is based on the fact that more or less.. they hired someone on looks, and thats exactly what fucked this company over not too long ago. You may not think she's hot shit, but the bitch that caused a bunch of fucking problems wasnt hot shit either. So... lets just get this juvenile shit out of the way.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I think the complaint is based on the fact that more or less.. they hired someone on looks, and thats exactly what fucked this company over not too long ago. You may not think she's hot shit, but the bitch that caused a bunch of fucking problems wasnt hot shit either. So... lets just get this juvenile shit out of the way.
If the FOH team hired based on looks, who would we even fucking have?!

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
The post itself is bullshit. “Here’s how I got into a position with company that does X without having experience with X: just don’t apply for a position about X”. It’s like those shit articles about how some millennial manages to afford a condo in NYC, and one of the steps is getting a couple grand from their parents every month.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I think the complaint is based on the fact that more or less.. they hired someone on looks
Nearly all tech talent recruiters are hired on looks. She's far uglier than most.

Also, you don’t have zero gaming experience if you fucking play games.
It obviously means industry connections.

It's incredibly hard to break into the video game industry if you don't know the right people.

• 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 1 user

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
TA has almost no interaction with any engineers, sans maybe whichever one is handling hiring. The only time they see them after the phone/zoom/maybe in-person interviews is at large company functions, and most of them avoid the engineering side of things.

TA people are HR with less power to fuck an employee over; they aren't making any game related decisions whatsoever.

Like BDRs, they're typically young and outgoing to attract "talent" / "sales" vs. actually knowing anything about the products they are involved with or helping hire for. It's just not something they interact with. I couldn't name anyone in TA at my company who wasn't the one who poked me on Linkedin 4+ years ago if you held a gun to my head.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Uhh… the Megan Fox of Ohio?
If we go back and look at all the "lewd jokes", paintings, characters etc. that have been removed around the time of Alex's removal... then just think of all the shit we could have had if she had came on the team? I think we missed out. WoW's degenerate thot section would have taken off.