World of Warcraft: Current Year

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I remember when the game had you buy new versions of spells, at the very least. Now it's just your level 1 spell the whole way.

Looks like if you choose an expac in Chromie Time it changes the zones to 50 max. So Icecrown went from "25-30" to "25-50". That's awesome, now I can spend some more time in the latter half of Northrend.

Edit: I really don't like this talent point system. You get to choose 1 thing at 15 and 1 thing at 25, etc? This is like full-on Simplified 4 Dummies gameplay here. There's no thought process involved really. I liked getting a talent point every level (or every 2, whatever it was) and buying talents with those, being able to move horizontally or go back and buy more ranks of an early one...that was all pretty fun, was looking forward to it. This? This is just more WoW 4 Idiots.

I guess next week the prepatch is gonna change the talent system so hopefully it changes to something similar to what it was.
The talent tree that you think of in classic is put back with the prepatch and thats a pretty huge tree. Familiar players with their class will know at least a semi optimal path, though. But if gives you a lot of freedom as you level up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
No Way Meme GIF

• 6Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
PET BATTLES
  • Upgrade stones can now be applied to pets directly through the Pet Journal (was use upgrade stone on a summoned pet).
I might have to play

• 1Pathetic

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
The talent tree that you think of in classic is put back with the prepatch and thats a pretty huge tree. Familiar players with their class will know at least a semi optimal path, though. But if gives you a lot of freedom as you level up.

Nice, I'm just gonna wait until the 25th to keep leveling then. I'm level 18 now IIRC. Leveling is way more fun with variety of talent points to spend, they must have been on crack when they changed it.

• 1Like

Daidraco

If anyone is planning on playing hard at launch and interested in early M+ toss me a PM!
I havent looked and imagine its hard to find with the constant talent tree updates this last month or so, and more to come - but is there a current meta for Mythic+ already?

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
I havent looked and imagine its hard to find with the constant talent tree updates this last month or so, and more to come - but is there a current meta for Mythic+ already?
I've done minimal research (the usual websites & some Youtube videos) but it's WoW so yes, there's a fuck ton of information available and it's more about filtering it to sources you know are reliable.

Burns

You can usually find various builds stickied on the class discos. They are all going to keep changing, up until after the raid starts (probably), if past Blizzard balancing work is anything to go by.

Some talents will probably still be buggy, all the way until release (if not longer), and the Disco should at least give you an idea of what's working.

The simcraft people are probably working overtime with trying to get sims to process the various trees, but they will be done eventually too.

Burns

Pre-patch mail "THAT'S MA'AM" armor set uses discarded ball sacks as their glove adornment:
2022-10-19 14.15.07 www.wowhead.com e1c9de7fce30.png

• 2Worf
  • 2WTF
Reactions: 3 users

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Even ignoring that glitch all the prepatch sets look pretty bad except plate, which actually looks pretty nice

dfPP_plate.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They look like they should be a level 40 dungeon set in classic. But also sad that they look better than some of the armor sets in recent years.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Imagine wanting slower leveling in WoW.

Considering I'm only playing this once every five years or so, yeah, it taking 20 hours to level instead of 8 would be a bit more interesting. I hope I can spend some real time in Storm Peaks and Icecrown without leveling right out of them. Moving on from Zul'Drak next time I play (level 26).

Looks like Eye of the Storm unlocked at 20, nice.

Wait till twitter hears about this!

Oh boy.

Malkav

French Madman
I mean, if you really want slower leveling and experiencing these particular zones, it kinda sounds like you'd be better served doing that through WotLK classic than retail.

• 1Like