World of Warcraft: Current Year

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I’m logging in to Wrath to raid and that’s about it. I tried to level an alt and noped the fuck out of there. Even with full fucking heirlooms it was painfully slow.

Retail is fast right now but that’s because of the buff. Otherwise it’s just right IMO.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I’m logging in to Wrath to raid and that’s about it. I tried to level an alt and noped the fuck out of there. Even with full fucking heirlooms it was painfully slow.

Retail is fast right now but that’s because of the buff. Otherwise it’s just right IMO.
How much longer is that buff going? I need to get in there and take advantage of it on my hunter.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
The xp buff is up until Nov 15. I guess legendaries and covenant abilities will still work in prepatch (for SL content only), which should make for some weird interactions and possibilities.

Malkav

French Madman
The xp buff is up until Nov 15. I guess legendaries and covenant abilities will still work in prepatch (for SL content only), which should make for some weird interactions and possibilities.

And once the buff is gone, we get the Dragonflight new xp curve, which is more or less equivalent to leveling with the current buff.

1666374080639.png

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
For Icecrown, what's the best point to start from? It looks like it has entrances from Storm Peak, Sholazar, and Crystalsong. I went in from Crystalsong just because that's where I was at that moment, but I'd been meaning to ask if there's a better starting point.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I mean, if you really want slower leveling and experiencing these particular zones, it kinda sounds like you'd be better served doing that through WotLK classic than retail.

I don't want to spend too much time on it or grind up classic-style. I'd just like it if levels took more than 10 minutes. Traveling to a new zone sometimes takes longer than actually playing in the new zone does.

A lot of this might be because of the EXP buff, though. Game is probably fine normally.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
People have been decrying the degradation of society since mankind built their first cities. The boogeyman constantly changes, but it always boils down to "I have a specific view of what society should be and everything that does not adhere to it or threatens to change it is evil/degenerate".

It is also common to vastly inflate the impact said boogeyman has, not to mention its scope.

You just described both the right and the left in the US. They just have different boogeymen and different levels of aggressiveness about whether or not other people need to adhere to what they believe.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
For Icecrown, what's the best point to start from? It looks like it has entrances from Storm Peak, Sholazar, and Crystalsong. I went in from Crystalsong just because that's where I was at that moment, but I'd been meaning to ask if there's a better starting point.
That is the correct starting point. You gotta fight your way into the zone, getting a foothold and all that. If you can see other quests that are available, they were probably added later and/or not related to the main quest line of the zone (such as the Argent Tournament).

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
So does anyone here actually think there is any chance at all this expansion could be remotely decent?

• 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think it will be better than BFA and SL for sure. RIght now on retail, season 4 is the best WoW has been in a long time. The stuff that still sucks like borrowed power from covenants, legendaries and build defining set bonuses are all going away in DF, world quests are going back to older format where they're simple and they don't rotate as frequently, and a lot of progression with factions and dragonriding carries over to your alts. I have no hopes for the story, and the dragon race looks pretty bad (but I'll try evoker to see if its fun at least).

• 1Like

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
and the dragon race looks pretty bad (but I'll try evoker to see if its fun at least).

From what I understand, Evoker being Dracthyr exclusive keeps a lot of people from even considering trying the class. They're not cute, they're not mighty, they're just glorified worgen with wings with lot of futile customization options no one will ever notice unless they're playing first-person view.

• 1Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
From what I understand, Evoker being Dracthyr exclusive keeps a lot of people from even considering trying the class. They're not cute, they're not mighty, they're just glorified worgen with wings with lot of futile customization options no one will ever notice unless they're playing first-person view.
I have one of every class at level 50 (2 at 60) and they are all Human, Orc, Elf, or Troll. Obviously, I wont be playing Evoker, but I also read that the DPS plays like shit due to it's 30 yard range and breath attack that you must strafe enemies with, so it's not like I'm even tempted.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What's weird is they stated they wanted to expand class/race combos and then do this. Actually that's not weird that's right on par for Blizzard.

I haven't looked into the new class at all because of dracqueers

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
1666540849662.png

What should I be "speccing" as far as the enhancement stats go? I've just been equipping whatever. Critical Strike might be worth focusing on as a warlock, DoTs seem to be able to crit.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
What's weird is they stated they wanted to expand class/race combos and then do this. Actually that's not weird that's right on par for Blizzard.

I haven't looked into the new class at all because of dracqueers
I think they've kind of pivoted to adding races where they don't have to rig armor pieces for all of their limbs. They did this with mecha-gnomes as well. It's an easy way to add more races while also doing less work. I'm not a huge fan. I'd rather have less races that are more complete looking. We already have a good numbers.

Malkav

French Madman
Yeah new race getting limited armor showing is 100% laziness and cut corners. Saving time not having to rerig old gear to their model.

Same with some allied races sharing models with old ones (blood elves/void elves, night elves/nightbornes).