World of Warcraft: Current Year

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I remember seeing this graphic now and being kind of excited for shadowlands. My understanding were that these were factions within the shadowlands but I guess the SL are all belonging to the death pantheon. So did the progenitors also create the "gods" from the other pantheon too? If so that soils the whole situation. Was kinda hoping these pantheon were birthed from energies in the universe Ala 40k.
I mean its all so convoluted. If this is the realm of death, then why is Zereth Mortis located within its boundaries? Each covenant represents the inner cosmic forces (Life, Death, Order and Disorder) and the "in-between" is possibly connected to the Void? But then where is the light represented?

As for your Warhammer 40k reference, Elune is the closest thing you got. Some people think she may be a robot at this juncture, but her origin was never defined. She came after the Titans, and although she calls the Winter Queen sister, she isnt a part of the Eternal Ones. Present in life and death. Sister likely just being a sign of friendship, rather than of kinship.

Anyways - leveled up character to max lvl on the leveling server. It takes about the same time as it did in BFA and kind the quests are kind of interesting. Some references to some past expansions, but not a single reference to Shadowlands which I thought was comical.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I kind of wish Bliz still published their active sub numbers.. Also wish classic subs were separate to really see first hand data on what people actually enjoy.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The monkey's paw curls...

Blizzard posts record sub numbers for the 14th straight quarter, boasting the highest "they" and "xer" subscriber count for any game on the market.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I assume everyone saw how Classic got its own Twitch entry then that quickly went away...you know what is the best indication of sub/popularity is when you don't publish shit and you don't go through Steam?

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
The monkey's paw curls...

Blizzard posts record sub numbers for the 14th straight quarter, boasting the highest "they" and "xer" subscriber count for any game on the market.

Since coming back a month ago or so, I don't think I've played with or seen a single one of those types. I do see plenty of people making fun of the code of conduct and wokeness though, its actually been refreshing compared to other games I've played recently. My guess is that most SJWs and trannies don't even play games very much, they just like to ruin stuff for people who are actually able to enjoy life and have fun.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Malkav

French Madman
I mean its all so convoluted. If this is the realm of death, then why is Zereth Mortis located within its boundaries? Each covenant represents the inner cosmic forces (Life, Death, Order and Disorder) and the "in-between" is possibly connected to the Void? But then where is the light represented?

Zereth Mortis is the Zereth of Death, located in the realm of Death, where the Pantheon of Death was created by the First Ones.

There was an in game lore book found in beta, where Odyn mentions Zereth Ordos.

There was also some datamined voice lines from an Oracle NPC in Zereth Mortis back in 9.2 pointing toward that.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Zereth Mortis is the Zereth of Death, located in the realm of Death, where the Pantheon of Death was created by the First Ones.

There was an in game lore book found in beta, where Odyn mentions Zereth Ordos.

There was also some datamined voice lines from an Oracle NPC in Zereth Mortis back in 9.2 pointing toward that.

Which is where the catalyst of creation exists? I may just be dense, but I dont think any of that shit makes sense. This whole conversation is nerdy type of neat, but its something WoW should have stayed far away from cause it sounds more philosophical than fun.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
1668279572669.png

Teh Jailer

1668279725229.png

"I'm The Guardian!"

• 1Worf

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I kind of wish Bliz still published their active sub numbers.. Also wish classic subs were separate to really see first hand data on what people actually enjoy.
Most "data" websites are sketchy as fuck and WarcraftLogs metrics should always get taken with a pinch of salt, but I think it's safe to assume there's more people playing on Classic than Shadowlands.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
There's this whole article about Shadowlands lore that goes with the theory that the real villain all along was the Primus, and honestly it makes the story about 100 times better. Which means it's still shit but it's got some corn in it and it doesn't stink up the entire room anymore, just most of it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There's this whole article about Shadowlands lore that goes with the theory that the real villain all along was the Primus, and honestly it makes the story about 100 times better. Which means it's still shit but it's got some corn in it and it doesn't stink up the entire room anymore, just most of it.

WoW lore was always mediocre with good parts, now the good parts are gone and soap-opera level writers shoehorning current US society issues into the lore has turned the lore from "okay" to "awful" because most players, like society, don't give a tapdancing fuck about it. They're here to play games and have fun, not pondering their next bulletin vote.

WoW lore comes from Metzen's "Tolkien is too expensive and Warhammer are assholes" mind, it was alright because it served the games, not the other way around. Nowadays WoW lore is written by people who went to academic writing school, don't play games and don't understand why they get called out on their cheesy lines, idiotic arcs, morally grey cardboard villains and coming of age tortured heroes.

There's no "what about", "what if", nuance or subplot, it's all writing 101 where you write a lot of timelines (theories), close some of them and leave the others open to create "free" content where bored fans daydream fanfic which is most of the time better than what was written. It's bad, doesn't really make a lot of sense, is convoluted and going nowhere.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Burns

Since some of yall were still leveling alts, they are dropping the XP buff, next week:

2022-11-13 08.20.21 www.wowhead.com 7a4de4422c82.png

Burns

They are adjusting the leveling curve to be faster than with the buff.
Oh, right, I remember seeing that there were changing the curve up, or some shit, but I didnt think it was that much of a difference. Seems strange they would keep leveling shorter, after they went through the whole Cromie time, to play a whole xpac, as a feature in Shadowlands.

I thought they were just going to bring 50 to 60 in line and compress it all to take roughly the same amount of time to get to 60, as it took to get to 50 before they added the 50% buff.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
1668443632282.png

What's with the WoW logo these days? It's been pretty colorless for 3 straight expansions (which coincides with the game's decline in quality, IMO)

1668443684700.png

Look how much more colorful and vibrant the original logo is in comparison.

• 2Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

View attachment 442983
What's with the WoW logo these days? It's been pretty colorless for 3 straight expansions (which coincides with the game's decline in quality, IMO)

View attachment 442984
Look how much more colorful and vibrant the original logo is in comparison.
You arent the only one to make the comparison. The exact same comparison, even. Ive seen threads on it before on the main forum and on reddit. I just cant seem to hit the lotto on typing in the correct sequence or letters for google to find me one of the threads Ive seen on it.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Since coming back a month ago or so, I don't think I've played with or seen a single one of those types. I do see plenty of people making fun of the code of conduct and wokeness though, its actually been refreshing compared to other games I've played recently. My guess is that most SJWs and trannies don't even play games very much, they just like to ruin stuff for people who are actually able to enjoy life and have fun.

First weeks of wotlk had a level 22 paladin spamming chat for their lgbtq+ guild

• 1Worf

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I was at an old computer game store and picked up Warcraft 3 (Battle Chest version) with the expansion and the guidebook and everything. It's all a little beat up, but it was a steal at $15. Never played any of the original WC games but I'll certainly play this and Frozen Throne.

• 1Like