World of Warcraft: Current Year

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
The steps to take over the guild wouldnt be possible - it would have defaulted to an officer (Me, since I had been online in the last 90. Maybe @BoozeCube? I cant think of who else was an officer.) before going to someone in a lower rank. So it just leads me to believe Alkorin killed it. Or we could really get the conspiracy going and say that Blizzard found out that Fires of Heaven on Hyjal was loosely associated with Furor and nuked it! ... That'd be a fun article to read, anyways.

If I decide to play, I'll petition to have it restored as an alt guild. Not a big deal either way though, since out of the 1200-1300 members it had, only a handful will probably play DF. I just currently have no desire to play DF unfortunately.

I support your decision to play if only to make the petition and fix the guild.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I was messing with graphics settings today, and found that setting render scale below 100% (99% works fine) actually makes the game look a lot nicer with the fidelityFX setting in resample quality. After reading about it, I guess it works kinda like anti-aliasing but for all the textures.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
No need to spend 10 to 15k, just do the invasion for invasion currency, then buy the 252 gear.

There were so many people doing the invasions, gear didn't matter, just join a raid though the LFG tool, if you are 60, and go around taping and looting things. Heal specs are the best for shit gear toons, but even shit geared hunters can go around pulling mobs into the group.

Maybe I'm missing something obvious but I don't see any invasions to join in the LFG tool. I can queue up for Uldaman, though. Unless you mean join premade groups in the invasion zones? That works.

...just flew out to Barrens and missed a fight by literally about 30 seconds

Spent about 1.5k (of the 9k I had) to buy a few gears and get over 185 IL to be able to queue for heroics. Sounds like I'm better off just running Uldaman and invasions though. Need 43 more IL.

Got 60 right about the same time that I finished Bastion. Also got access to some of the other zones and checked them out. Ardenweald is easily my favorite, sorta feels like they took the Darnassus concept and applied it to a Nagrand-type zone. Pretty awesome.

Playing with the sound on and I discovered that succubus pets snap their whip and moan every few seconds. It sounds like pr0n

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
yeah, do the invasion quests and the single daily. on your first day that should net you about 140 or so primals (or whatever they are called) for about 20 minutes of work (travel time not included). the items sell for between 25 and 45 depending on the slot. don't spend any money on any gear unless you want the cosmetic unlock for it. if all you need is the ilevel, just hang out at the invasion zones and kill elementals. each zone has a static spot where the boss spawns every 20 minutes or so, so just hang out there and kill anything you can tag. don't worry about your ilevel for these areas, people go there at lvl 10 to level up because they are always so crowded that as long as you can tag a mob, you get boatloads of exp as well as them usually dropping a few primals.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Is all of Shadowlands unlocked for travel (from Oribos) at 60?

I'm really tempted to switch to my 50 Mage for DF since I'm pretty Warlock'd-out, especially given that I could catch him up in a couple hours of doing these invasions (instead of doing them with the Lock). However I don't want to lose my progress in SL since I spent a while doing Bastion. If it doesn't matter 'cause SL is all opened-up at 60 anyway, I'm gonna switch.

Just spent like 30 minutes doing invasions and already have enough currency for like 4 or 5 items, pretty awesome.

Also it says "account bound" on the invasion currency, does that mean my mage can use the ones my lock has farmed up since I haven't spent any yet?

Last edited:

Malkav

French Madman
Just spent like 30 minutes doing invasions and already have enough currency for like 4 or 5 items, pretty awesome.

Also it says "account bound" on the invasion currency, does that mean my mage can use the ones my lock has farmed up since I haven't spent any yet?

yeah, you can mail the currency to alts.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ya you can send the invasion currency to alts, in fact the easiest way to farm them is to just do the daily on all your characters. And honestly at this point I wouldn't even bother with shadowlands, just level all the alts you want to 60 with invasions/dungeons if you want, get their uldaman weapon and around ilvl 240-250 (the invasion trinkets are nice, I buy them first on alts), and do any other DF prep you want (setting up professions on your alts, addons, weakauras, etc).

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Maybe I'm missing something obvious but I don't see any invasions to join in the LFG tool. I can queue up for Uldaman, though. Unless you mean join premade groups in the invasion zones? That works.

...just flew out to Barrens and missed a fight by literally about 30 seconds

Spent about 1.5k (of the 9k I had) to buy a few gears and get over 185 IL to be able to queue for heroics. Sounds like I'm better off just running Uldaman and invasions though. Need 43 more IL.

Got 60 right about the same time that I finished Bastion. Also got access to some of the other zones and checked them out. Ardenweald is easily my favorite, sorta feels like they took the Darnassus concept and applied it to a Nagrand-type zone. Pretty awesome.

Playing with the sound on and I discovered that succubus pets snap their whip and moan every few seconds. It sounds like pr0n
The LFG tool has a tab for custom groups (think it is at the bottom of the page(?)). You can search for terms, or just see all the groups that are going in custom. There should be raids marked "invasion farm" or something like that. Ask to join one or all and join the first one that invites you. The tool will show you how many people are in each raid.

If you want to level up using invasions, don't join a raid, as you will get 0 xp. You don't even need to be in a group, as the big elementals have unlimited taps. If you can get taps on the small things, you will level faster though. Leveling 50 to 60 this way takes 1 to 2 hours, depending on how many lesser things you get taps on. The collect 10 quest for tokens is good xp, and you can do it twice on the first day. It is probably beneficial to bind close to the invasion, and use an alternate way to get back to your home city (guild cloak portal, garrison hearth, maybe even Dalaran hearth (is there still a portal there?)).

I read some saying that you can do 50 to 60 is 45 min or less atm, with dungeon spamming, or maybe timewalking (don't remember exactly). So it's not faster, but you get tokens for gear, and it's a much simpler grind.

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think the current meta of leveling is 1 to 40 either dungeons or questing then 40 to 60 solo or group no raid on incasions. Takes about 5 to 8 hours if you're quick.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
The LFG tool has a tab for custom groups (think it is at the bottom of the page(?)). You can search for terms, or just see all the groups that are going in custom. There should be raids marked "invasion farm" or something like that. Ask to join one or all and join the first one that invites you. The tool will show you how many people are in each raid.

If you want to level up using invasions, don't join a raid, as you will get 0 xp. You don't even need to be in a group, as the big elementals have unlimited taps. If you can get taps on the small things, you will level faster though. Leveling 50 to 60 this way takes 1 to 2 hours, depending on how many lesser things you get taps on. The collect 10 quest for tokens is good xp, and you can do it twice on the first day. It is probably beneficial to bind close to the invasion, and use an alternate way to get back to your home city (guild cloak portal, garrison hearth, maybe even Dalaran hearth (is there still a portal there?)).

I read some saying that you can do 50 to 60 is 45 min or less atm, with dungeon spamming, or maybe timewalking (don't remember exactly). So it's not faster, but you get tokens for gear, and it's a much simpler grind.

Cool, that helps a lot. Switched from the 60 warlock to my old 50 mage and it was much fresher after going 1-60 on the warlock and being kind of over it. Doing fire spec like I did last time (BFA). Next time I'll stay out of raids and just tap everything. Went from 50 to 55 in like... 3-4 hours maybe?

I was doing a bunch of raid / single group invasions and wondering why I wasn't leveling faster. I did get all the currency (650ish) I needed to get a full set of gear at level 60 (was done by level 55) so now I just need to get 60 again.

I don't think the warlock was a waste of time because I liked the class for a while and it was cool seeing more of Northrend and running Bastion. Looks like my mage can indeed skip right to the hub of Shadowlands now too. Just need to make sure I put aside some time to get the last 5 levels and run raids this weekend, gonna be super busy with other stuff but I'll make it work out.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you like tanking DF might be one of the best expansions for it. Every tank plays well and has a certain style that accels at niches. Doing M+ never die with Warrior. Raiding? Never die as DK. Wanna put out stupid amounts of damage, Brew putting up good numbers. Need to carry some scrubs who won't interupt? Pally fills that niche. Most tanks have been rated A or S by many different high ranking players and while I've only played War/DH/DK much in SL in M+ and raids but each of those specs is insanely fun. Warrior is in an aboslute god mode right now for tanking M+ but they recently tuned bears for some insane amount of damage so I'm trying to test my Druid in some M+s before see if I want to main it. Gonna try to have at least 2 tanks and right now its feeling like War/DK

Hopefully they really meant it when they said this is going to be the alt expac. Seasonal M+s gonna be pretty fun too with them constantly swapping in legacy dungeons. Although not looking forward to getting one shot in +18s on Tyranical in Halls.

• 1Like

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
DH is my favorite tank atm, they're good at everything and the most fun for me to play, war is close behind as my 2nd favorite. I don't really like the bear playstyle, and brew still needs more buffs to survivability and self-healing for M+ or no one will want them. DK is overly complicated for my liking as a tank (and unholy is more fun), and still haven't leveled my paladin but it seems like a swiss army knife. Even with all the tanks being in a pretty good spot, there will still be a shortage since it's the most demanding role and most players just want to cruise and be led through the dungeon, plus we have a new healer/dps class that will likely be popular. I definitely agree about alts and hope they live up to their goals for them, there are just too many interesting builds you can make now with the new talent system.

• 1Like

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1669388749881648.png
1669388386380133.jpg

• 1Worf

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Okay logged on for the first time in a couple years. Did they do something horrible to heal targeting?

Using my Mistweaver I used to target a bad guy and would cast soothing mist or whatever on whoever that badguy was targeting. If I wanted to heal myself I could clear the target and then it would auto cast the ability on myself.

It seems now that I end up autocasting on myself if I have an enemy targeted but if I disable 'auto self cast' then I don't cast anything. If I want to cast on the target of my target I have to manually select them? This can't be right can it?

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
To be fair, in The torghast videos, the streamer alpha version of Torghast was vastly different and not tied to player power grinds

Argarth

On the verandah
Just got my old faithful Druid to 60. Really wanted to try Feral out, since according to those in the know, it's the "best it's ever been".

I'm a filthy casual these days, but it was a blast getting to 60. Feels fast and fluid, tons of energy and CP, AoE rip and a bunch of other stuff. Loving it even with shit gear, can only get better. Resto is apparently top tier once again, always loved it, and was the main reason I rolled a Druid back in TBC. So super happy about that too.

May not even need an Alt this time around, lol. Really looking forward to taking revamped Boomy and OP Bear for a spin as well now.

Still haven't used my free lvl 50 boost yet. Might try Demo Lock for something totally different. Just can't decide...

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Okay logged on for the first time in a couple years. Did they do something horrible to heal targeting?

Using my Mistweaver I used to target a bad guy and would cast soothing mist or whatever on whoever that badguy was targeting. If I wanted to heal myself I could clear the target and then it would auto cast the ability on myself.

It seems now that I end up autocasting on myself if I have an enemy targeted but if I disable 'auto self cast' then I don't cast anything. If I want to cast on the target of my target I have to manually select them? This can't be right can it?
This has to be for pvp right? I can't think of a single beneficial reason to heal like this unless you want to preheal a target in arena.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
This has to be for pvp right? I can't think of a single beneficial reason to heal like this unless you want to preheal a target in arena.
You cant see any reason on why someone would want to heal the person something is attacking?

• 1Worf