World of Warcraft: Current Year

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Wrote this while tired so didn't expand enough. To be clear though, since day 1 is focused entirely on leveling, side quests being trash is a fairly big deal. To expand on why it was such an issue though;

1- The amount is seriously out of whack. You can hit max level if you complete most of them in half the zones, thus resulting in feeling like there's a lot of filler and no real reason to do any of them. The volume in BFA/SL was better.
2- They have an agenda. I'm not really an avid poster on the subject but there's a lot (similar to the one posted above) where you just know the writer is pushing gay/political crap down your throat. For context, I almost always need to have this stuff pointed out to me to realize it and I find this board goes overboard on the subject, so for me to notice it and actively be annoyed by it means that it's quite over the top.
3- The amalgam of the volume of them alongside the fact that they overdid the cap on shards makes it feel like a single player game with a metric fuck ton of shitty quests to do. It's just not fun.

To be clear though, this is definitely a better expansion than what they've produced lately. My issue (highlighted in why I focused so much on the detriments of the side quests) is the fact that they added some unnecessary shit which detracted from the core gameplay, which is actually really good this time around.

Yeah the over the top wokeness or whatever you want to call it can go away already. How many more years do we have to be beaten over the head with gay centaur cocks before they move on to some other super important topic?

I’ve been 100% percenting everything I see and I think I’ll hit 70 just a bit into the third zone. I’m 68 now. I don’t mind all the quests…it’s rep and resources. You either do it this way or via dailies or some other grind.

I’ll 100% with one character and alts I’ll just do whatever is optimum.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

DH feels like a real class now,
combat is responsive and no sign of time gated bullshit that matters. I'm still worried, despite everything, that some Diablo Immortal-esque hidden timegate / p2w bullshit will appear after the 90day initial mark when refunds can no longer be issued. But for now, I'm enjoying it.

citation needed

• 1Worf

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This un-skippable bullshit
1669787315313.png

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
View attachment 445325

I went AFK for each part of the story while getting ready for bed last night. Felt good not listening to a single word he said.

the TLDR is he killed someone in the conflict but he doesn't remember who. Oh yeah, she was a female. He was attracted to her but had to kill her because she became corrupted. Really weird story.

But he "can't remember her name". Say it again for us? That line is in the dialogue at least 2-3 times. We get it.

This expac really illuminates WOTLK as a gemstone quest-wise.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Good that we have gay and disabled dragon representation. But where is the representation for Latino and Pacific Islander dragons?

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
View attachment 445325
when i was doing that quest, i was like, the community at large is going to HATE this quest... but i kind of liked it. it's a completely skippable quest so there's no need to do it other than ocd completionism... but it's just some dude watching the view and thinking about stuff. maybe i'm old, but this totally ticked a bunch of my boxes.

• 1Solidarity

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
The furry telling you that are essentially a teenager and non binary is a nice touch.

1669820956442.png

1669820949444.png

1669820987695.png

• 2Picard
  • 1Barf
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 4 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Wrote this while tired so didn't expand enough. To be clear though, since day 1 is focused entirely on leveling, side quests being trash is a fairly big deal. To expand on why it was such an issue though;

1- The amount is seriously out of whack. You can hit max level if you complete most of them in half the zones, thus resulting in feeling like there's a lot of filler and no real reason to do any of them. The volume in BFA/SL was better.
2- They have an agenda. I'm not really an avid poster on the subject but there's a lot (similar to the one posted above) where you just know the writer is pushing gay/political crap down your throat. For context, I almost always need to have this stuff pointed out to me to realize it and I find this board goes overboard on the subject, so for me to notice it and actively be annoyed by it means that it's quite over the top.
3- The amalgam of the volume of them alongside the fact that they overdid the cap on shards makes it feel like a single player game with a metric fuck ton of shitty quests to do. It's just not fun.

To be clear though, this is definitely a better expansion than what they've produced lately. My issue (highlighted in why I focused so much on the detriments of the side quests) is the fact that they added some unnecessary shit which detracted from the core gameplay, which is actually really good this time around.
Everyone come back for Mythic+ on the 13th?
I'm glad 70 can be acquired so fast, because I don't really want to spend much more time on this. Remaining goals for my 3 more subbed weeks:

-Get 70
-See all Dragonflight zones
-See all Shadowlands zones
-Get a dragon evoker to like level 20 to see the noob area / class
I believe Evoker is a "hero" class, so you wont start that low. The joke Evoker I made of Boozecube in beta was lvl 60.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The furry telling you that are essentially a teenager and non binary is a nice touch.

View attachment 445371

View attachment 445370

View attachment 445372

Do people actually click on optional crap like that? Hell I had even no clue about the previous stuff, since I have VO basically turned off and I don't read quest text or the text when NPCs are just chatting away. And quest are setup to accept and complete automatically.

Seems like all extra work, for very view actually seeing it, outside the crazies and the people actively searching for it via the internet.

• 1Truth!

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Do people actually click on optional crap like that? Hell I had even no clue about the previous stuff, since I have VO basically turned off and I don't read quest text or the text when NPCs are just chatting away. And quest are setup to accept and complete automatically.

Seems like all extra work, for very view actually seeing it, outside the crazies and the people actively searching for it via the internet.
That last one just tells me that there was an internal discussion that at least one person thought that the Dracthyr Visage should be able to be any race. Which I would have been down for. If someone wants to be some scaly femboy with a green beard and blue hair, fine - go at it. But that shit doesnt make any sense for a "visage" in my mind. I thought the whole idea was to look as though they belong. Best fucking example is the Muslim, Wrathion.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
That last one just tells me that there was an internal discussion that at least one person thought that the Dracthyr Visage should be able to be any race. Which I would have been down for. If someone wants to be some scaly femboy with a green beard and blue hair, fine - go at it. But that shit doesnt make any sense for a "visage" in my mind. I thought the whole idea was to look as though they belong. Best fucking example is the Muslim, Wrathion.

Do this, and let people be permanently in visage form (have them pop into dragon form for a few abilities then right back), and most people would be happy with the dracthyr. They could add it later in the expansion even, just make up some BS about them "finding their true selves", seems right up their alley. I'm also mostly the same as Cinge, I haven't really noticed much of the stuff people are posting because I haven't looked for it. I'm kinda just doing my thing, leveling, professions, getting ready for M+ and now leveling alts.

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Would make sense, since iirc the dragons can morph into any of the races if they want.

• 1Like