World of Warcraft: Current Year

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Same thing in FF14. If you enjoy dressing up and admiring your female character then you are a tranny.
Ah found the error in your logic, corrected it for you.

I'll donate for you to get a dress up malibu barbie online sub if that's your thing.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It depends on your perspective.

If you imagined yourself as Arnold or enjoyed the carnage he wrought, you are straight. But many a gay man had their first wank over his oily, musclebound physique.

Same thing in FF14. If you enjoy dressing up and admiring your female character, or other female characters/NPCs then you are straight. If you imagine yourself as the character then you are a tranny. If you like looking at cat boys then you are gay.

However in WoW the Warlords of Draenor are not playable and do nothing badass, so you are just looking at savage muscle men on every loading screen. If you want to play an Evoker they force you to make, play as and look at a tranny. Also half of the races are furries.

So in FF14 you can choose to be a tranny faggot, but WoW forces it.
This is legendary FOH copypasta.

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
Imagine simping over a game that changes paintings of scantily clad women into bowls of fruit and removes emotes that trigger shrill blue hair players.

• 5Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Do you people have any sense of decency supporting this shit
Yeah I do. It's the best expansion since Wrath, arguably, because Cata just plain sucked and took choices away from the player.

Dragonflight, in terms of gameplay (not lore/story/gay stuff/nongameplay content) is possibly in its best state since Wrath.

* You have the return of talent trees. People thought this would just suck based on alpha / beta's state with talents, but they actually did a fairly good job pushing all of the talent trees and getting them functional before the game shipped. Props to them.
* The game now respects your time. You are free of dailies if you want to be. You have half-weeklies (every 3d or so) that give a massive amount of reputation, but you are allowed to continue grinding - which, if you do, you will be able to complete the rep grind faster than others through repeatable content. There was a person who did archaeology and got max rep in 4 days following launch, which if the game had stayed to dailies would have been time gated to 2 to 4 weeks plus of logging in each day.
* The raid is actually one of the most intricate and universally liked raids. They're about Legion quality in terms of trash and the fights are not overtuned comparatively to last expansion. Mythic still remains a challenge.
* Key gameplay functionality, such as flying, is now a part of the base game and takes 30 minutes to fully unlock and upgrade for your entire account.
* A lot of previously character bound functionality is now account bound. Your reputation grinds are shared throughout the account so the game is alt-friendly.
* Personal loot is now optional. You can once again funnel loot to a tank that needs the gear using master looter / standard drops, and there's no perceived penalty to doing this.
* The game remains full of the actual QOL that entered the game from Legion to now. PVP is a viable gear path again, Mythic+ exists and rewards appropriately as if it were another type of raid content, transmog exists (and is accountwide), there's a plethora of default functionality that should have existed to begin with (Bagnon's core bag-consolidating functionality is now baseline Blizz UI)

If you guys play through recycled expansion lore on EQ1 on live right now (Why do we have 3 Kunark expansions, 2 Velious ones, and why the fuck are there like 2 Luclin ones, too? You certainly don't play TLP for the lore...), but have a problem with the lore with WoW, you're arguing in bad faith.

You shouldn't avoid a game because 'a tranny wrote it', you should play a game because it's fun. And right now, mechanically, WoW's in the best state it's been since Wrath.
If you can't ignore the 'SJW shit' and enjoy a game because it's actually good and you can't stand the thought of 'blue hairs' writing the story, well, get over it - the lore jumped the shark in MoP through Shadowlands. You guys had problems with Kung Fu Panda, Time Travel, Legion (again), Azeroth Civil War feat. Sylvanas' Boyfriend, Lich King but jk everyone's dead but not really, and Scaly fuckers are no exception to this trend by this standard.

However, the game is actually fun to play now, despite the terrible Warhammer Fantasy ripoff storyline this time. Try actually enjoying your time with the game again. I was hesitant, but after actually playing it, I was enjoying how fluid the game felt, on top of the undoing of all the time gated bullshit. The rest was just icing on the cake, really.

Last edited:
  • 2Seriously?
  • 2Like
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 6 users

Jox

Molten Core Raider
They still haven't addressed one of the biggest problems in regards to m+, some classes are just immortal compared to others. This wouldn't matter for 99% of players, but doing +15 or higher keys in week 1 you can really see the difference between my frail ass hunter and locks/rogues/dh.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I forgot how fucking shitty pug dungeon groups are. I crash for 30 seconds and already got vote kicked.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Yeah I do. It's the best expansion since Wrath, arguably, because Cata just plain sucked and took choices away from the player.

Dragonflight, in terms of gameplay (not lore/story/gay stuff/nongameplay content) is possibly in its best state since Wrath.

* You have the return of talent trees. People thought this would just suck based on alpha / beta's state with talents, but they actually did a fairly good job pushing all of the talent trees and getting them functional before the game shipped. Props to them.
* The game now respects your time. You are free of dailies if you want to be. You have half-weeklies (every 3d or so) that give a massive amount of reputation, but you are allowed to continue grinding - which, if you do, you will be able to complete the rep grind faster than others through repeatable content. There was a person who did archaeology and got max rep in 4 days following launch, which if the game had stayed to dailies would have been time gated to 2 to 4 weeks plus of logging in each day.
* The raid is actually one of the most intricate and universally liked raids. They're about Legion quality in terms of trash and the fights are not overtuned comparatively to last expansion. Mythic still remains a challenge.
* Key gameplay functionality, such as flying, is now a part of the base game and takes 30 minutes to fully unlock and upgrade for your entire account.
* A lot of previously character bound functionality is now account bound. Your reputation grinds are shared throughout the account so the game is alt-friendly.
* Personal loot is now optional. You can once again funnel loot to a tank that needs the gear using master looter / standard drops, and there's no perceived penalty to doing this.
* The game remains full of the actual QOL that entered the game from Legion to now. PVP is a viable gear path again, Mythic+ exists and rewards appropriately as if it were another type of raid content, transmog exists (and is accountwide), there's a plethora of default functionality that should have existed to begin with (Bagnon's core bag-consolidating functionality is now baseline Blizz UI)

If you guys play through recycled expansion lore on EQ1 on live right now (Why do we have 3 Kunark expansions, 2 Velious ones, and why the fuck are there like 2 Luclin ones, too? You certainly don't play TLP for the lore...), but have a problem with the lore with WoW, you're arguing in bad faith.

You shouldn't avoid a game because 'a tranny wrote it', you should play a game because it's fun. And right now, mechanically, WoW's in the best state it's been since Wrath.
If you can't ignore the 'SJW shit' and enjoy a game because it's actually good and you can't stand the thought of 'blue hairs' writing the story, well, get over it - the lore jumped the shark in MoP through Shadowlands. You guys had problems with Kung Fu Panda, Time Travel, Legion (again), Azeroth Civil War feat. Sylvanas' Boyfriend, Lich King but jk everyone's dead but not really, and Scaly fuckers are no exception to this trend by this standard.

However, the game is actually fun to play now, despite the terrible Warhammer Fantasy ripoff storyline this time. Try actually enjoying your time with the game again. I was hesitant, but after actually playing it, I was enjoying how fluid the game felt, on top of the undoing of all the time gated bullshit. The rest was just icing on the cake, really.

Alright hope u have fun. I cant condone it.

This starts putting things down a path where game play and story come second and politics come first.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>

Sounds like shitting SJW retardation thoroughly through WoW did its job.

View attachment 448927

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande

Yeah sure it's a gay pride parade, but look at how well run it is!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Yeah sure it's a gay pride parade, but look at how well run it is!

I eat at Chic-Fil-A because they have a good product, and I enjoyed Dragonflight because it's a good product.
I could not give a flying fuck who makes the product, as long as it's an excellent product.

You care more about 'the lore' of the game only because FF14 had a good story (which it does) and you want a completely unrelated product (WoW) to conform its decade-long Panda cringefest to the quality that FF14 has. They're both great in their own right.

• 2Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
I eat at Chic-Fil-A because they have a good product, and I enjoyed Dragonflight because it's a good product.
I could not give a flying fuck who makes the product, as long as it's an excellent product.

You care more about 'the lore' of the game only because FF14 had a good story (which it does) and you want a completely unrelated product (WoW) to conform its decade-long Panda cringefest to the quality that FF14 has. They're both great in their own right.
I want WoW to not have much of a story, like in Vanilla. I want to make my own story and have lots of player agency.

It would be better if the Final Fantasy MMO and FF14 were different things too, nothing about the game being an MMO made the story better other than when they made the raid finder menu canon.

Extended story sequences have no place in an MMO or honestly most games, unless it's a pivotal moment.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE

I stopped eating at CFA because of the whole washing feet thing. But its good enough, and that didnt continue, so I came back.

Blizzard and WoW are continuing hard and fast in a very cringe direction, one im surprised hasnt bucked more of ye.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
They still haven't addressed one of the biggest problems in regards to m+, some classes are just immortal compared to others. This wouldn't matter for 99% of players, but doing +15 or higher keys in week 1 you can really see the difference between my frail ass hunter and locks/rogues/dh.
Hunters are objectively probably the worst class in the game atm. Sucks to suck, but you shouldn't have rolled on all those weapons back in TBC, bitch.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Argarth

On the verandah
^^ Performance/frailty aside (guess I'm in the 99%), really enjoying my MM Hunter. First time in many many years. Vengeance DH also, now that one feels immortal.

Agree with almost everything S Secrets said above. Having a really good time, so much has changed since I played 4 years ago, ended up leveling all of my LVL ~40 alts. Chromie Time is the bomb. Honestly, the SJW/gay stuff in the quests barely registered with me. So little of it, held my attention for maybe a couple of minutes, and I've moved on.

Dragon Riding can suck a bag of fucking dicks when it comes to general questing though. So noticeable after flying around jam-packed WoD quest hubs in Chromie time.

• 1Like

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
I feel like if the double-jump to take off thing was free, that would alleviate the remaining friction when running around doing little quests or gathering. I'm guessing there will be additional abilities/talents that come along as the xpac progresses.

• 1Like