World of Warcraft: Current Year

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I dunno how someone can give money to a company pushing this agenda. Is it not sending the wrong message?
I hope none will ever complain about SJW, when they give them money. That would be kinda hypocrite no?
Imagine someone trying to say they are the big guys ready to rise and take arms, and giving money to Blizzard and Netflix, would be funny :)
I see it the same way I’ve seen musicians and other artists that predate the internet. If I didn’t buy or consume their shit because I disagree with their politics then I wouldn’t have much to look at or listen to. How is this different?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I see it the same way I’ve seen musicians and other artists that predate the internet. If I didn’t buy or consume their shit because I disagree with their politics then I wouldn’t have much to look at or listen to. How is this different?
It's not. The enveloppe got pushed so fucking hard lately that i'm boycotting every trace of woke i can find.

Life isn't really that much different and I'm not missing anything essential, i don't see a problem?

• 1Like

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
It's not. The enveloppe got pushed so fucking hard lately that i'm boycotting every trace of woke i can find.

Life isn't really that much different and I'm not missing anything essential, i don't see a problem?
I’m not really paying attention to who is saying what but why are you in the thread? I’m not chasing down anyone for not playing WoW - do whatever the fuck you like.

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I guess the only counterargument would be that with music as an example. You dont kick every member out of the band and replace them with new members and sing new songs completely opposite of what the originals were, while bashing every former member of the band.

Bands usually break up and members go on to make new bands and write new songs about their agenda. If any original member stays, they usually hire fill ins and just play the hits and cash checks.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I guess the only counterargument would be that with music as an example. You dont kick every member out of the band and replace them with new members and sing new songs completely opposite of what the originals were, while bashing every former member of the band.

Bands usually break up and members go on to make new bands and write new songs about their agenda. If any original member stays, they usually hire fill ins and just play the hits and cash checks.
Rage Against the Machine enters the chat:
dd0.png

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh boy I can't wait to play some WOW today and give the gays at ActiBlizz more money to contribute to the degradation of society.

• 5Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I wouldn't have to if I could play EverQuest in a Browser

• 6Worf
  • 2Solidarity
  • 2Truth!
Reactions: 9 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
100% blizzard hotfixed (read nerfed) the last boss's 3rd phase so that the race would be over before xmas. But as usual, they fucked it up, as Echo killed the boss on a first pull after the nerf.

• 1Worf
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
100% blizzard hotfixed (read nerfed) the last boss's 3rd phase so that the race would be over before xmas. But as usual, they fucked it up, as Echo killed the boss on a first pull after the nerf.
Even if they shifted some of their ressources to run a global release they'd still be people complaining about timezones, beginning the race in the afternoon instead of evening, US having less vacation days than EU, latency, etc. RWF isn't a show, it's a 2nd monitor screensaver when you're busy doing something else while waiting for something interesting to happen between raid breaks, casters talking about meaningless stuff, making lame jokes or wondering about Preach new hair.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Woke / gayness aside, the cut scene animations and loading screen art remind me of the failed Mass Effect Andromeda shit, where the effort done by a supposed AAA studio were just embarrassing.

Mass-Effect-Andromeda-e1530054931835.jpg

And apparently we aren't allowed to have manly men anymore, that shit is toxic

au9cka2iu5e91.png

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 4 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Even if they shifted some of their ressources to run a global release they'd still be people complaining about timezones, beginning the race in the afternoon instead of evening, US having less vacation days than EU, latency, etc. RWF isn't a show, it's a 2nd monitor screensaver when you're busy doing something else while waiting for something interesting to happen between raid breaks, casters talking about meaningless stuff, making lame jokes or wondering about Preach new hair.

all true, the butthurt in mmo-c world first thread is always a good read as well

• 1Dislike

Chris

Potato del Grande
So 2 Patches but we're gonna pretend its 6.
2 patches in a year is a brave promise and they have never kept to a schedule. Notice that 10.2 is after fall but they make no reference to when winter is, also 10.1 is after spring.

So at best it's 10.1 in April and 10.2 in December. More likely 10.1 is in June and 10.3 is in Februrary 2024.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
That would imply a 2 year cadence which falls in line with other Activision Blizzard plans for a COD every 2 years, etc.

I imagine 10.4 would close out the expansion, and a 10.4.2.5 would basically be in as a filler with a ZM-style zone.

That's basically double the patches, but still 4 seasons. Comparable to Shadowlands having double the post-launch content (ended at 9.2.5).
As long as no major company shakeups / layoffs / sexual abuse allegations happen between now then, it's probably doable.

Chris

Potato del Grande
That would imply a 2 year cadence which falls in line with other Activision Blizzard plans for a COD every 2 years, etc.

I imagine 10.4 would close out the expansion, and a 10.4.2.5 would basically be in as a filler with a ZM-style zone.

That's basically double the patches, but still 4 seasons. Comparable to Shadowlands having double the post-launch content (ended at 9.2.5).
As long as no major company shakeups / layoffs / sexual abuse allegations happen between now then, it's probably doable.
10.4? What? Did they even have a 9.3?

You get 10.2 then an 18 month content drought.

• 2Truth!
Reactions: 1 users