World of Warcraft: Current Year

Mageling

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I've started gearing up my Ret Pally (Horde), and in the next couple weeks will likely be able to run flex. Just 504 ilevel, so it's a ways off.

Ele Shaman at 520 ilevel as well. I'm having a bit more fun with my Ret though. Who knew it could be fun once you geared up a bit? It took a lot of relearning muscle memory to play pally this time around.

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
I've started gearing up my Ret Pally (Horde), and in the next couple weeks will likely be able to run flex. Just 504 ilevel, so it's a ways off.

Ele Shaman at 520 ilevel as well. I'm having a bit more fun with my Ret though. Who knew it could be fun once you geared up a bit? It took a lot of relearning muscle memory to play pally this time around.
I think Ret feels the best out of all the classes, this may be personal preference of course. What will make you sad is the lackluster cleave and other classes just putting out better numbers. I want to go back to ranged for an easier time raiding, but I'm having a hard time finding a class that is as enjoyable as my paladin.

Mageling

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I think Ret feels the best out of all the classes, this may be personal preference of course. What will make you sad is the lackluster cleave and other classes just putting out better numbers. I want to go back to ranged for an easier time raiding, but I'm having a hard time finding a class that is as enjoyable as my paladin.
There's something to be said about mashing the shit out of your Chain Lightning button, but Shaman just doesn't feel that great for single target DPS. I ran the rest of ToT and first two wings of SoO today in LFR, an you're incredibly correct about the lack of cleave. I've been spoiled by playing my Shaman, but I DID manage to get the Sha of Pride 2H sword on my first kill. This goddamn pally has the best luck of any of my characters.

I'm enjoying Ret a bit better now that I'm falling back into the groove, but can't help but think that I'm really kicking myself in the nuts by not making my Shaman my primary character, since I geared it up so quickly. The hard casting time needed when you switch targets with Shaman is irritating as fuck. (I will not mention the occasional 2-3 GCD break ret has)

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Did wing 4 LFR last night. I thought Siegecrafter was spot on, downed him on 3 stacks but I think the primary issue was people learning (myself included). Paragons seem too easy; or maybe I just don't like seeing a ton of mechanics and knowing we won ignoring every single one of them. Didn't wipe on them.

Garrosh is ridiculous; beat him with 7 stacks. I have mixed feelings on if I ever think this fight will be fun from a tank perspective. The LFR version, I mean. I suspect nerfs incoming because its forcing LFR raiders well out of their comfort zone in terms of reacting to new mechanics.

Did wing 4 LFR last night. I thought Siegecrafter was spot on, downed him on 3 stacks but I think the primary issue was people learning (myself included). Paragons seem too easy; or maybe I just don't like seeing a ton of mechanics and knowing we won ignoring every single one of them. Didn't wipe on them.

Garrosh is ridiculous; beat him with 7 stacks. I have mixed feelings on if I ever think this fight will be fun from a tank perspective. The LFR version, I mean. I suspect nerfs incoming because its forcing LFR raiders well out of their comfort zone in terms of reacting to new mechanics.
Siegecrafter u can really faceroll that too it's another one that is really easy.

Skrigg

Golden Squire
How does rare spawn loot on the Timeless Isle work? The first time I came to here the rare spawn mobs generally dropped a timeless peice especially bigger ones like shark, ship and Houlon. Fast forward 2 days later and im lucky to get coins off these guys. Is there a weekly once per character special loot thing or something?

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They nerfed the blighter out of Timeless loot drop rates. It's still a %age chance to drop, it's just waaaaay lower than it was opening week.

Magimaster

Trakanon Raider
How does rare spawn loot on the Timeless Isle work? The first time I came to here the rare spawn mobs generally dropped a timeless peice especially bigger ones like shark, ship and Houlon. Fast forward 2 days later and im lucky to get coins off these guys. Is there a weekly once per character special loot thing or something?
First kill of the day per character has best chance for the rare loot for most mobs. After that, you have a smaller chance for loot. But you still have a shot at it, was how I got the thundering onyx mount, just kept killing the serpent all day till it finally dropped. Most of the time you'll get coins.

Nxs_sl

shitlord
Wrapped up wings 3 and 4 of Flex tonight. Wiped a couple of times on Garrosh (including the classic 1%er). I think the fights are nicely tuned for this difficulty. You can still make a few mistakes here and there but screwing up obvious stuff will kill you.

Also, I thought the heirloom from Garrosh was a guaranteed drop
frown.png

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
even if its lower.. its still absurdly high lol
Pretty ludicrous in fact. Some pieces seem less common than others (belt and wrist) but yeah you will find yourself swimming in the stuff before you know it. Make sure to tag a Celestial once a week for a chance at max ilevel loot as well. I got some very sweet 553 ilevel set gloves that way.

Sterling

El Presidente
The cloak quest is fairly easy if long and tedious, but requiring BGs to be won for it is just lame as fuck.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
If you're trying to farm up Timeless equipment, use oQueue and join a Shaohan rep-farming group. Can mindlessly slaughter elites for rep, coins, and rather frequent gear drops. Most people farming rep don't need the gear, either, so if you're polite and ask up front most guys will have no problem not rolling.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
So far I've just done LFR, but its is great. Garrosh, Blackfuse and Dark Shaman (2 tanks, not 3) are my favorite fights I think, but the whole raid is pretty awesome, maybe my favorite one. Can't wait to start flex, and hopefully some normal and heroics later. At 531 iLvl now, the blood dk set bonuses are really nice this tier, but it feels like other tanks have an easier time with a lot of things.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Most heroic tanks have commented on blood being weak this tier. That seems to trickle down somewhat into other content. I feel I get blown up fast without bone shield going in a couple situations. Granted, this is strictly based on some flex running and maybe the first couple of bosses of normal.

From what I hear, paladins are god this tier.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Also, lock at 510 ilvl now so going back to try my hand at the quest boss again.

So Mmo-c has the scaling tech on the first page. I expected this with 5.4 but it became flex. You know, all it would take is re-colors of TMog gear from old raids, some pets/mounts, and VP and old raids become viable LFRs or Flex areas. Maybe even just populate loot with current stats of mirror loot but increase. Rarity of statted not necessarily tmog loot to avoid gearing too fast.