World of Warcraft: Current Year

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
That's pretty normal. Some raids in the past were like that for half the zone instead of just the final boss and 1 or 2 others.
Now I’m wondering how many pulls we did on Empeor Ssra in TMO before we finally killed him. Where you Zefah Zefah 😂

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That's pretty normal. Some raids in the past were like that for half the zone instead of just the final boss and 1 or 2 others.
Was in a bleeding edge guild, and I don't remember being anywhere close to those number of wipes in vanilla. I guess they could have blended together, but there were certainly occasions where we accepted that we didn't have the gear to make the timer, so would end raid nights early to gear up the guild any way we could, elsewhere.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Now I’m wondering how many pulls we did on Empeor Ssra in TMO before we finally killed him. Where you Zefah Zefah 😂
It didn't take us too many tries. Definitely not on the order of hundreds. Picking up and dropping mod rods was pro strategy. I liked making art with them. Now that you got me remembering our mage squad I wonder what ever happened to Damlyn and Hargurce.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
It didn't take us too many tries. Definitely not on the order of hundreds. Picking up and dropping mod rods was pro strategy. I liked making art with them. Now that you got me remembering our mage squad I wonder what ever happened to Damlyn and Hargurce.
Oh my god. Yes! The mage and Hargurce was a shaman wasn’t he. And vibed like an actual shaman haha. Who were you in TMO?

Sterling

El Presidente
Was in a bleeding edge guild, and I don't remember being anywhere close to those number of wipes in vanilla. I guess they could have blended together, but there were certainly occasions where we accepted that we didn't have the gear to make the timer, so would end raid nights early to gear up the guild any way we could, elsewhere.
there were definitely fights in Naxx that took a lot of attempts, but yeah. Vanilla also didn't have multiple raid difficulties and these dudes are pushing through the last couple of bosses with less gear than would be normal. Going back to say MoP the back half of SoO was all like that. Siegecrafter, Dark Shaman, Paragons, etc.

• 2Like

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
there were definitely fights in Naxx that took a lot of attempts, but yeah. Vanilla also didn't have multiple raid difficulties and these dudes are pushing through the last couple of bosses with less gear than would be normal. Going back to say MoP the back half of SoO was all like that. Siegecrafter, Dark Shaman, Paragons, etc.
Damn. I wouldn't enjoy this shit personally I think but good for them. Having pushed content like this in EQ its pretty relatable still. Enjoying RWF really surprised. Probably since its relatable. In Warcraft I only pushed progress with Discordia and briefly was in DNT but that was really just Onyxia / MC / BWL. I quit doing pushing progression after those though, was time to chill lol.

I'm so casual these days I haven't even set foot in a mythic plus dungeon even though I've played since release. For years I've just done LFR but that isn't/never has held my attention so may try some normal raiding again this year. Hear its pretty easy just have to breathe AND lift a finger. Heroic is kinda the manageable but challenging content right? For casual try hards? Like me!

Obviously, it will feel incredible when they overcome it so yeah, good on them.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Oh my god. Yes! The mage and Hargurce was a shaman wasn’t he. And vibed like an actual shaman haha. Who were you in TMO?
I was one of the monks, Schezarine. And yeah, Harg was a shaman. Those two were dating or married or something. I have talked to a few TMO pals recently. We'll see if Clephy ever responds on reddit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
I was one of the monks, Schezarine. And yeah, Harg was a shaman. Those two were dating or married or something. I have talked to a few TMO pals recently. We'll see if Clephy ever responds on reddit.
Of course I remember you. Female Iksar monk right? LONG time my friend! Haha Cleph the bard, you're really sending me down memory lane. I spent a fair bit of time in Sylan Rangers as well but can't remember if it was before TMO or after or both. I can't remember. I wonder whatever happened to that wild ass Faelagund guy.

Last edited:

Merrith

I remember 4 Horsemen in Naxx 40 took something like 7 weeks from first ever pull to them finally being killed. I doubt guilds back then would hammer out as many pulls as the top end ones do now, though. Also there's a ton of stuff designed to optimize rebuffing in between pulls and having proper raid mats, etc.

I don't think it's normal for each of the last 2 bosses to be 300+, though.

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I remember 4 Horsemen in Naxx 40 took something like 7 weeks from first ever pull to them finally being killed. I doubt guilds back then would hammer out as many pulls as the top end ones do now, though. Also there's a ton of stuff designed to optimize rebuffing in between pulls and having proper raid mats, etc.

I don't think it's normal for each of the last 2 bosses to be 300+, though.
300+ denotes a challenging raid. The hardest recorded have been 700+ (kj and avatar from legion, nzoth and garrosh i think we're around there)

Some considered easy are probably under 200

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
300+ denotes a challenging raid. The hardest recorded have been 700+ (kj and avatar from legion, nzoth and garrosh i think we're around there)

Some considered easy are probably under 200
It’s been cool to see how shits evolved since many of us were pushing content in EQ. I work in BI so I was surprised to see that they have a team(s?) of analysts combing logs between runs etc. this shit maybe have been going on for years and years I’m just not big on streaming. I had a blast watching this though.

Generational thing maybe.

oh and I so remember the Horsemen being a big point of contention / discussion back then. I didn’t push Naxx though.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It’s been cool to see how shits evolved since many of us were pushing content in EQ. I work in BI so I was surprised to see that they have a team(s?) of analysts combing logs between runs etc. this shit maybe have been going on for years and years I’m just not big on streaming. I had a blast watching this though.

Generational thing maybe.

oh and I so remember the Horsemen being a big point of contention / discussion back then. I didn’t push Naxx though.
Thing about classic bosses is the pulls might be a smaller number but the prep time and run back was brutal, not too mention getting 40 people together to poop sock 18 hour days probably a bit harder.

Classic and TBC had its own challenges.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
IMG_0453.png

• 7Like
  • 2Dislike
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 10 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Past few days I decided to just tunnel vision in on

Finally got the last piece to drop last night. Now I have two banging heirloom trinkets for everything.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Past few days I decided to just tunnel vision in on

Finally got the last piece to drop last night. Now I have two banging heirloom trinkets for everything.
Wait, I missed it through all the Fennin Ro fan boy shit. You're playing retail?

• 1Tiresome

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Wait, I missed it through all the Fennin Ro fan boy shit. You're playing retail?
Yup. Been subbed since DF dropped. Been inactive while I was playing SWTOR, but came back a few weeks before ED came out. The gearing is wonderfully pointless now. I love it. Do your weeklies. That's it. You will be decked out head to toe in 450+ in short order. So I have been focusing on getting my tradeskills up and leveling alts because why not? Hunter will always be my true love, but I also have warlock, dh, bur, and dragonewt at 70. Getting my pally up for JC. Once they are all 463 I will plug away at alts until they are all 70. Or until next tier of shit comes out and I have to start over.

My hunter is almost 100% done with tradeskill trees. LW/skinning since beta. Always just made sense for the class. I also do all my rep farming on hunter as well. I am a week or so from done with nifflem and already rank 15 with dream wardens. As long as people are atill doing time rifts I will probably max out soridormi eventually. Just finished glim racers. I also need to go back and do SL on hunter. Kind of skipped that. I finished up a big chunk of BFA for the story, and was well into 60+.

• 3Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think when all is said and done in 5 years this will be looked upon like MoP is now. Yea the story is lame, and dragons (pandas) are gay af. But minus all that shit this has to be an A tier expansion, just below WotLK and Legion.

It gives me hope now that Metzen will be doing the story for the next 3. I don't want much, I just want a return to dark, savage, brutal, setting. Get rid of the self important narrative. Return to savagery.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I got a massive survey from Blizz. Nothing new just asking feedback on retail.

I told them a big issue is that the game removed diversity from the setting by making so the races democracies that work together and act the same. I also told them it's an unsafe place for conservative people to game since they and the community actively persecute anyone who isn't a progressive.

• 5Worf
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Sludig

Havn't raided hard since lich king, played casual w/ wife in legion, quit when they banned her main Cremepie.

Anywho, back and with the dizzying big new talent tree's and lot of other new content, were playing with just leveling a couple chars from scratch to relearn wtf is what and just dink around. Once we finish BFA and are 60, if we like things well enough might preorder Within to get dragonflight with it and putz through that.

For not playing to do anything serious, any advice for main professions. I remember stuff like smithing back in BC etc being kinda ass because it was a huge investment chasing just a few BIS items that also changed or went out of vogue.
Is there anything worth considering vs just double gather or stuff like alchemy/engineering trying to just find some casual utility.

I thought archaelogy is pretty neglected as a side skill, but I assume inscription/jewel etc still play a role? Though if it's like I rememeber I would think you'd need to be hard in the paint for those to be worth any effort/real profit.

• 1Worf