World of Warcraft: Current Year

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Pandaria Remix is pretty fun. Infinite scalable stats is pretty hilarious. Way more ARPG feeling with the special gems.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Stretegically, releasing what is essentially Pandaria Season of Discovery right after Cataclysm classic and soon after Classic Discovery seems like a good way to split your playerbase to even more absurd levels.

In practice, the new rules do lead to interesting gameplay results in the moment, and tie back to release really well, with you keeping the characters. So make races you need to do heirloom armor (or whatever the term is) quests for, while buying annoying to farm mounts* / toys / appearances, in content you probably haven't seen in years.

(The question being if they will still have catchup prepatch events as well.)

Sterling

El Presidente
I remember getting that dragon mount from timeless isle and not giving a fuck about mounts after that. And I never cared about the Pokemon shit. There are definitely things you could grind in WoW but it's small potatoes compared to a lot of other games

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Having a good time on Pandaria 2 Electric Boogaloo so far. So much movement speed stacking.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
It's kind of like an action RPG.

I thought I read the cloak would be heirloom, and thought it would be funny to keep going through the quests and getting it to absurd levels, but it looks soulbound QQ

Palum

what Suineg set it to
It's kind of like an action RPG.

I thought I read the cloak would be heirloom, and thought it would be funny to keep going through the quests and getting it to absurd levels, but it looks soulbound QQ
It is you get achieves to carry it over to other characters

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I've just been fucking around in small doses so far. Already did full clear of Jade Forest and am 31 and have 6th cloak cheevo. Shit is just going gangbusters fast. Only did 1 round of Order of the Serpent dailies and I am halfway through revered. Also already have 8k bronze.

Word of caution: Zandalari Warscout does not scale down, and will rape your booty hole bloody.

• 1Worf

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I'm level 60 after 11 hours (with by no means an optimized play style), so again, this is a really good way to knock out those Heritage armor set achieves. I have not seen any firm math on when it is best to farm Bronze, however.

I believe additional characters will start out with better cloaks based on what level of the "Infinite Power" (find 40, 100, etc. threads) achievement you have at the time, not that your specific cloak is carried across the account.

Edit: It's been so long I've forgotten, but many Pandaria reps sold catchup rep doublers for alts (E.g. Grand Commendation of the Anglers). Those apparently do affect remix characters, so you might want to have your primary fly around and check you've purchased them. The rep pane _used to_ have a star next to that faction if you had purchased their doubler, I believe, but nowadays I don't see any indication if you have or not other than trying to use the doubler from the vendors again.

Last edited:

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I'm level 60 after 11 hours (with by no means an optimized play style), so again, this is a really good way to knock out those Heritage armor set achieves. I have not seen any firm math on when it is best to farm Bloom, however.

I believe additional characters will start out with better cloaks based on what level of the "Infinite Power" (find 40, 100, etc. threads) achievement you have at the time, not that your specific cloak is carried across the account.
That's literally the point, to carry the stats over to other characters. Otherwise what would the purpose be, like an extra 80 armor?

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Ok, I am definitely slow rolling, doing full zone clears. Valley done. Started on Kunlai. but got sidetracked over to Timeless Isle. I missed that place something fierce. Did a quick set of dailies before logging for the night. 12 hours in and level 48. Not sure how many step ups there are, I know 30 50 and 70 bump the cloak boosters big big biiiiiiiiig time. It ends up being 12 per.

Question. Can you LFR normal in this? Asking because you have to do all raids in normal for the neck unlock.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Note that scenarios, dungeons, and even raids are queueable long before 70.

In fact, I would recommend it - NPC offensive abilities at 70 seem totally broken. I'm not sure if this is related to even level 70s not getting their jewelry slots until achievements (i.e. clearing all scenarios and dungeons on Heroic for rings) or the huge range in ilevels possible for 70s (quest and mob drops seem to max out at 346, but items can be upgraded
(via Bronze) up to 556. In any case 70s seem to be getting gibbed left and right from tiny damage sources in instanced content.

RobXIII

<Gold Donor>
Ok, I am definitely slow rolling, doing full zone clears. Valley done. Started on Kunlai. but got sidetracked over to Timeless Isle. I missed that place something fierce. Did a quick set of dailies before logging for the night. 12 hours in and level 48. Not sure how many step ups there are, I know 30 50 and 70 bump the cloak boosters big big biiiiiiiiig time. It ends up being 12 per.

Question. Can you LFR normal in this? Asking because you have to do all raids in normal for the neck unlock.

I tested the timer for LFR, and it seemed to be 2 hrs for DPS for mine.

Also be careful, some of the named mobs aren't tuned right. I've heard some dungeon named 1 shot people, and ran into one quest I can't do yet when I was 65, that raven casting Troll boss on an island. Nukes me for 70k a shot, chain casting lol

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Looking around, it sounds like anyone 60+ in instances is likely hosed due to the scaling, and even the final quest lines in Dread Wastes and the point release content can be lethal depending on class / number of mandatory adds.

(It also sounds like this is nothing new, and Chromie time has been broken this way for years and Blizz never got around to fixing it.)

Also upgrading items isn't generally plausible without spending _vast_ sums of Bronze, so you can't outlevel their errors.

Ahh Blizz, always pulling defeat out of the jaws of victory.

I will say that I queued up for a normal dungeon when I hit 70, and I basically had to be carried, as even trash mobs would one or two shot me.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Fired up a new character, and even with Infinite Power XII, the cloak started as
+150 Main Stat
+750 Stamina
+150 Versatility
+100% Experience Gain

That's it.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Fired up a new character, and even with Infinite Power XII, the cloak started as
+150 Main Stat
+750 Stamina
+150 Versatility
+100% Experience Gain

That's it.
Yes it is capped at like 4500 stat transfer

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
No idea where best to put this, but this is as good as any. Nice short vid and voices a lot of my feelings. Right in the nostalgia...

• 1Like

RobXIII

<Gold Donor>
I wonder who is going to have the most obscene cloak by the end of the 3 months. The potential is there for crazy stats, I think +EXP is the only one capped right now.