World of Warcraft: Current Year

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
I remember back when the original AV hit and arcane mages were the shit. Especially them little gnome fuckers you could nto target. They would all jump around a GY you were trying to take over and take out a dozen players at a time. Ahh the good ole days.
Mages in general. Those blizzards with like 70% snare and chance to root were brutal when you were trying to push a choke point. And those fire aoes that had like a 90% chance to crit and ignite you, I hated those so much on my rogue.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I love my rogue but it's frustrating as shit to play simply because it's only 3 flavors of melee dps. It's not going to change, but it sucks I can't do anything else.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I love my rogue but it's frustrating as shit to play simply because it's only 3 flavors of melee dps. It's not going to change, but it sucks I can't do anything else.
bring back pre-nerfed shuriken toss! that shit was godlike

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Being a rogue in WOLK was good times, until Lady Can'tSeeShitWhisper or KT OneShotMeleePile or Freya BombtheFuckOutofMelee or.. okay it was pretty much just good times for Anub and Lich King.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Being a rogue in WOLK was good times, until Lady Can'tSeeShitWhisper or KT OneShotMeleePile or Freya BombtheFuckOutofMelee or.. okay it was pretty much just good times for Anub and Lich King.
Desecrate on LK seemed to favor melee!

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
This small subset of fights of course is not representative of the entire raiding scene, and I think many could argue quite well that tanks or healers make a much bigger difference in terms of a raid encounters success of wipe, but I was just feeling a bit meh last night on my Holy healer.
The Best Trick The Raid Tank Ever Pulled Was Convincing The Raid That Tanking Was Hard.

I spend about half of every raid trying to figure out how to game my vengeance higher in order to annoy my DPS and Healers. Dampen Harm+Sitting Down is skill.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The Best Trick The Raid Tank Ever Pulled Was Convincing The Raid That Tanking Was Hard.

I spend about half of every raid trying to figure out how to game my vengeance higher in order to annoy my DPS and Healers. Dampen Harm+Sitting Down is skill.
Tanking was hard in wrath. I tried tanking the initial phase of Yogg on my alt once and after two disastrous attempts I had to switch back to my resto druid.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Lol!! Can't wait to start tanking!! I'm going to herpa derpa derp LFR so bad!! going to be great!

Needless

Toe Sucker
Mimiron HurryTheFuckUpAndPutTheFireOutAroundTheBodyYouFagg otExtinguisherBotsOhAndThanksForLayingAllThoseMine sTooYouFucker
I miss Ulduar
frown.png

Tanking was a lot harder back in the day, before they increased tank threat by 500%, gave them all 400 ways to taunt and vengeance.
It's pretty dull now

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I just switched to tank on my paladin due to tank reliability issues within guild. Shit is pretty much like playing ret with the added bonus of worrying about positioning and swapping. I much prefer my blood DK but his gear is so far behind (I ran out of steam for getting secrets of the empire) that it's way easier to just use the paladin for the cloak and the ret gear that doubles as prot gear.

Vilmz_sl

shitlord
Mimiron HurryTheFuckUpAndPutTheFireOutAroundTheBodyYouFagg otExtinguisherBotsOhAndThanksForLayingAllThoseMine sTooYouFucker
I miss Ulduar
frown.png

Tanking was a lot harder back in the day, before they increased tank threat by 500%, gave them all 400 ways to taunt and vengeance.
It's pretty dull now
Remember that one dungeon in Wrath? Halls of Reflection I think it was. It was one HELL of a ride being a tank. 95% of the time if you queued into it as DPS the tank would leave instantly lol.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Remember that one dungeon in Wrath? Halls of Reflection I think it was. It was one HELL of a ride being a tank. 95% of the time if you queued into it as DPS the tank would leave instantly lol.
Really enjoyed Halls of Reflection, really enjoyed the Icecrown Citadel dungeons. As far as I know Blizzard is going to implement legitimately challenging heroic 5-man's again, right? TBC style? Heard Cata had difficult heroics for awhile where you actually had to CC and tank and what not, but then again I skipped Cata.

Devnull_sl

shitlord
Should be entertaining if Blizzard ever adds LoS pulling and CC back into heroic dungeon encounters. There will probably be a lot of players that can't deal with it. Although, perhaps the Proving Grounds thing would help some, but then the same types of players that refused learn Halls of Reflection would just focus their hate towards that.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Players would freak at first about having difficult dungeons that could bring frustration, but overall devs generally underestimate what players are capable of doing. Even if it was too difficult for casual players at least there is always something to strive for, regardless of bitching. Better than blowing through every dungeon then having players quit because the only thing to do is SoO.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
And here I was fretting over Heroic Thok and you guys are bitching about Heroic Siege.
frown.png

The only thing I want to do as a DPS is run pac man on Sha. Im not jelly about anything else a DPS does atm.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Asking 4 others to use LoS and pull all mobs near was too much to comprehend, that's why it was hard. It certainly was the last attempt at being challenging, with Cata being... meh loevel of challenge even with blue gear.
Yes, there are always those that find content difficult enough.

Devnull_sl

shitlord
Players would freak at first about having difficult dungeons that could bring frustration, but overall devs generally underestimate what players are capable of doing. Even if it was too difficult for casual players at least there is always something to strive for, regardless of bitching. Better than blowing through every dungeon then having players quit because the only thing to do is SoO.
Yeah I agree that the player base is underestimated. I think that the average player will adapt to the base skill level required to struggle through completing the most accessible content (dungeon finder heroics and LFR). Vanilla had just as many 'bad' players and they managed to get themselves carried through UBRS and whatever else just fine.

However, moving the bar back towards challenging is going to cause much more strife than moving it away did. I think Blizzard can do the game a huge favor if they manage to not pussy out on making Proving Grounds educational, strict and giving them a fairly hard to reach passing grade.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah I agree that the player base is underestimated. I think that the average player will adapt to the base skill level required to struggle through completing the most accessible content (dungeon finder heroics and LFR). Vanilla had just as many 'bad' players and they managed to get themselves carried through UBRS and whatever else just fine.

However, moving the bar back towards challenging is going to cause much more strife than moving it away did. I think Blizzard can do the game a huge favor if they manage to not pussy out on making Proving Grounds educational, strict and giving them a fairly hard to reach passing grade.
Do you really think that Blizzard can pull it off and not cave to the masses of people that are paying their monthly subs? I feel like the people that would appreciate something like this is far in the minority compared to those that would. Just look at Cata release, and the difficulty of those dungeons as an indicator.

I would love it, but far too many people suck, and those people are far too vocal I think for Blizzard to really do anything about it.