World of Warcraft: Current Year

Salshun_sl

shitlord
Oh, I wasn't complaining about it. I just thought it was funny that someone could get so upset over a simple emote. Now that I know it bothers her I'm going to continue doing it to see if she'll actually kick me out of the guild.
My first guild in EQ was the stuff of insane legend. Our guild leader was this little old elementary school teacher that wouldn't hurt a fly until you pissed her off or cussed in guild chat, then she would reveal her final form. The bitch could make you feel guilty through guild chat, it was amazing. Then like 2 hours later you'd' see "I swear to fucking god if that fucking sword doesn't fucking drop I'll suffocate a 5 year old with my snatch" followed by "tee-hee, sorry, mt meant that for my sweet sweet hubby" and bam, it was never mentioned or brought up again. If you called her on it she'd make up some excuse about having to leave then would deguild you at 2am when she was the only one on. I didn't dare quit and miss a second of the crazy.

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm
ret does suck at the moment. You might be raiding with some mediocre people, but my 540 lock is blowing my 556 ret out of the water when it comes to dps in SoO. I picked the wrong character to get my cloak with.
So you just don't know how to play Ret at a heroic raid level is what that tells me. The people I raid with are 11/14H and are anything but mediocre, so please dont wave those lowly ilvls around and act like you know what you are talking about. Does Ret sim out to be one of the lower DPS this tier? Sure...but the actual fights play out far differently.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Ret benefits alot from the fact that we can keep a decent portion of our dps up while moving I think, thats something that doesnt show in the theorycraft vs other melee.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Nothing wrong with paladin healing, I like it a lot. I think it could use some work here and there, but generally speaking it's enjoyable.
The main problem is that discipline priest is miles ahead in terms of fun. I can nuke to heal when damage is not sky-high and heal properly when required.
Sure pala can nuke, so can shaman and druid, but it feels a waste of time, globals and mana. If the difficulty is high it's not only pointless, but even dangerous to do so.
My monk is a lowbie 75 still and I'm usually tanking, I healed a few dungeons, but below 85 you hardly have to use more than one button, so it's not a good measure of the healing capacity. I'm not sure how the melee to heal conversion pays off or if it's useful at all, but to be honest healing while being ranged is a thing, while meleeing is a totally different beast.

It's hard to put one healer above the others, I like them all and like their different playing styles, but if I think of all the 10 players raids I did in the past with just two healers, it's hard to beat discipline priest for one of the slots (due to added dps), which is sad because it makes them quite mandatory. Even using a third healer would make the whole thing less painful. Admittely I raided nothing in MoP outside of LFR so I have no idea how the classes perform at normal/heroic level.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Monk Healers are amusing due to being flagged melee. Technically, you could arrange it so that your entire raid was Melee Flagged and avoid some boss mechanics that don't fire without a ranged up.

So you just don't know how to play Ret at a heroic raid level is what that tells me. The people I raid with are 11/14H and are anything but mediocre, so please dont wave those lowly ilvls around and act like you know what you are talking about. Does Ret sim out to be one of the lower DPS this tier? Sure...but the actual fights play out far differently.
Holy-fucking-defensive much? He has lower ilvl's sure, but math doesn't lie. Take a look at the WoL listings for 10 and 25 man heroics. Notice how with a couple of exceptions Ret is under represented? That's because the fact of the matter is it's simply not as powerful a DPS spec as nearly every other class. As has already been discussed, the fights you used as examples are add heavy fights where it's easy to bloat numbers, but even still there are other classes that do it better.

For example:
Heroic Immerseus 10M, Ret at 19:Immerseus

Heroic Galakras 10M, Ret at 113:Galakras

Heroic Spoils 10M, One Ret at 5 and then the next is at 35:Spoils

You may very well be excellent at playing Ret compared to the rest of your raid, but the bottom line is Ret is grossly underwhelming pretty much this entire expansion. Sure, there are those times when the stars align and you can pull big numbers, but when you look at the bigger picture, Ret sucks.

elvis_sl

shitlord
Been wondering about that. I just hit 90 and am sitting around 496 and cannot get above 70k. I haven't enchanted or optimized yet but the rotation is simple and I have no idea why its so low.
since we are talking about shadow priest. what the hell IS wrong with them. after having my druid, dk and ret pal at 90 i wanted to dust off my priest. 80 to 85 was kind of ok, but now at 86 everything has just slowed to a crawl. disc healing (and dpsing) is loads of fun, but i cant fucking stand dungeon runs anymore.. but leveling as shadow feels just soooo painful and slow. even though i have that 450 BOA staff and neck things just won't die quickly. not to mention their new shitty secondary ressource system and that awesome "watch the procs"-mini game. oh hey mind spike procced. now mind blast. oh let me channel some mindflay oh wait mindspike again and now shadow word death. such bullshit.

Salshun_sl

shitlord
I just broke 500 ilvl with my Brewmaster and I'm lucky to break 50k, no idea what the hell I'm doing wrong. Following the accepted "best" rotations, still fucked. I see BM's in raids breaking 250k on single targets, really baffled.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I just broke 500 ilvl with my Brewmaster and I'm lucky to break 50k, no idea what the hell I'm doing wrong. Following the accepted "best" rotations, still fucked. I see BM's in raids breaking 250k on single targets, really baffled.
What ilvl is your weapon? Single biggest improvement you can make is increasing that (normally).

Salshun_sl

shitlord
What ilvl is your weapon? Single biggest improvement you can make is increasing that (normally).
DW a 502 + 489. It's crit and haste that are killing me, I know that now. Today I got the 528 helm from SoO Dinobot, reforge and gemmed into crit and haste and that one piece I already notice a difference. I'm doing 90k now on training dummies, so assume 120-130k in raids.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
DW a 502 + 489. It's crit and haste that are killing me, I know that now. Today I got the 528 helm from SoO Dinobot, reforge and gemmed into crit and haste and that one piece I already notice a difference. I'm doing 90k now on training dummies, so assume 120-130k in raids.
Keep plugging away in SoO LFR. Getting full 528 is nice (also legendary cape is amazing).

Salshun_sl

shitlord
Are you gemmed, reforged ahit capped? My 506 DW Frost DK with 502 and 489 ilvl weaps does about 115k dps
Toxixs @ Blades Edge - Community - World of Warcraft

Missing some shit I know but I still seem low. Also keep in mind I'm not going to drop stupid cash on the expensive shit like Dancing Steel because I know with my luck I'll get a better drop in 15 minutes.

Hit and exp capped, haste is fine for 10 mans, would need more for 25. Crit really needs to get up, if I remember right hard cap is 60% for DW white crits. I'm @ 27%. I will run some tests on a training dummy, pop a crit flask and bump my DPS up 5k. Haste goes up 2-3k with a flask. At my ilvl I know I just have to wait. So right now bump crit, when I start leading 25 mans haste and crit need to get capped, fast. But I know 15% EXP, 60% crit (and fuck if I go 2H like you're supposed to on 25 man heroics that cap goes up to 76%), 8K haste will require some BiS. And we haven't touched on Mastery which at this point I'm giving very little attention to because I'm going after crit build and putting all the headaches on the healers. Also haste wont be as hard as I've talented into Ascension.

And seriously fuck Ask Mr. Robot. I'll let it scan me, tell it I'm going after BM crit builds and it will say "Alright, all your gems, forges and enchants are stupid and wrong", I'll replace a single piece of gear and rescan and it will come back with "alright all of your shit is wrong". I've heard for BM's it's just flat out buggy.

I love how it will tell you to reforge item A to lose 5% crit to gain 5% mastery and then reforge item B to lose 5% mastery to gain 5% crit". The fuck?

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
well, for rogues (not monks, I know) the thing tries to get expertise and hit to the exact percentage point needed (by .01% above or below), so it does some stupid shit like reforge expertise to crit/haste and mastery to expertise to get the exact amounts.

Which is good since those fucking stats are going away.