World of Warcraft: Current Year

DavivMcD

Peasant
Someone hasn't read many patch notes or dev blogs in a while....

Short version: It's an expansion, shit changes. All CC across the board has been reduced and all tanks have had huge changes to their base mechanics. Saying anyone is nerfed or overpowered right now is pointless, they haven't even started the tuning and balance phase yet. Wait til beta is nearing an end til you decide to switch to a DK tank like you should have before WoD anyway.

Cybsled

That defeats the purpose. The dream of monk tank, nurtured in EQ1 and finally realized in MoP, is being shattered!

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
As long as I've got Magic Damage Stagger I'm totally fine with less avoidance.

The increase to our GCD is much more annoying than a 3% avoidance dip that, by its nature, is an equal nerf to both tanks in the raid.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
In Pandaria, I had the most fun playing a Monk Tank out of all the Tanks. DK Tank in WoTLK, Paladin Tank in Cata for reference. Everything seemed smooth and fluid with a Monk Tank. Where at DK's prime in WoTLK, you could tell you were just over powered and was really over-simplified. I just felt weak in Cata as a Paladin tank, but I think that was due to the Healing changes. Im not looking forward to the changes in WoD for the Monk Tank, though. The only time I would hit stupid high number is when Vengeance was crazy, such as when tanking Garrosh and hitting 1.2-1.4 million DPS. Yet, the Monk Tank is getting nerfed, in what to me, is the biggest DPS nerf out of all the Tanks. The Tier 17 Set makes you look like Shredder from TMNT and its set bonuses are just useless. Im worried that I wont enjoy the class as much as I used too in WoD.Compiled list of all the Monk Changes.

Felmega_sl

shitlord
Bliz overpowered the class in order to get players to play the class. Now they will tone it down and bring it line with other tanks. typical Blizzard move and should come as no surprise.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
"Follow me, this won't take long." - TBC
I remember having to take that quest 3 times in a row (on an alt) because I got bored and started dinking around with something outside the game and let the guide wander off
frown.png

DavivMcD

Peasant
I remember having to take that quest 3 times in a row (on an alt) because I got bored and started dinking around with something outside the game and let the guide wander off
frown.png
The worst part was right near the end when the elemental was all like "Ok that's all I got now go talk to Khadgar", but if you actually went back to Khadgar at that point you would fail and have to start all over again. You instead have to stand there for another 15 seconds of nothing for the elemental to say one more stupid thing and despawn.

Needless

Toe Sucker
WoD = unified Auction Houses lol..

Hopefully it is. It would make life a lot more bearable as minority faction on an unbalanced server.
Yes, in 6.0 auction houses are unified between factions on a given server. The benefit you cite is a major reason behind the change.

Jefferson_sl

shitlord
Making a return to WoW.
From what I hear my server, Durotan, is dead with only a few stragglers to be found and the AH is completely borked because of the lack of players. Should be fun.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Well, if you wait a week or so....
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
As previously announced, we?ve been working toward connecting realms to increase the number of players on low-population realms. Here's a continuously updated list that contains currently planned connections, future plans, and completed realm connections, all in one convenient location.

*Please note this list does not encompass all potential future connections. Please check back for further updates.

Next Connections
We will be connecting the realms listed below on Thursday, July 3 during a scheduled maintenance beginning at 5 a.m. PDT through approximately 1:00 p.m. PDT. Once maintenance is finished, these realm connections will be complete.

Alterac Mountains and Balnazzar, Gorgonnash, The Forgotten Coast, and Warsong
Gnomeregan and Moonrunner

We will be connecting the realms listed below on Thursday, July 10 during a scheduled maintenance beginning at 5 a.m. PDT through approximately 1:00 p.m. PDT. Once maintenance is finished, these realm connections will be complete.

Zuluhed and Andorhal, Scilla and Ursin
Ysera andDurotan

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
All it really does is eliminate the fucking retarded jump that happened immediately at the start of Cata.

Carl_sl

shitlord
How do the "server connections" work? Is it just another word for a merge, or is something else going on there?

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
How do the "server connections" work? Is it just another word for a merge, or is something else going on there?
Pretty much. You keep your name tho, with just your server name after it. I dont think you can join guilds tho? AH is linked as well.

Rime

<Donor>
You can join the guilds of a server your server is connected to. It is a merger in everything but name.