World of Warcraft: Current Year

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Still not sure what to do for my 90 boost. Have a shaman, monk, mage, hunter and warlock already. Considered a Balance druid...
Maybe do a deathknight? Seems like the playstyle you're missing, and you could just level it to 60 in like 2 hours to have capped tradeskills too.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I tried balance druid on test and found it to be kinda annoying. Did they not say something about boost-specific questing in Tanaan that would guide players into how to play the specs?

Gave frost DK, Ret Pally and Shadow Priest a try as well and am now thinking either DK or Paly. Good point about DK boosting with max tradeskills, though tradeskills seem kinda blah with WoD and all the changes.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I tried balance druid on test and found it to be kinda annoying. Did they not say something about boost-specific questing in Tanaan that would guide players into how to play the specs?

Gave frost DK, Ret Pally and Shadow Priest a try as well and am now thinking either DK or Paly. Good point about DK boosting with max tradeskills, though tradeskills seem kinda blah with WoD and all the changes.
I remember them saying something about the boosted player only quests to teach them how to play, but I imagine that's on the lower end of the priorities list to rush out first.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Indeed. Perhaps that with changing the boost from when WoD releases to instant with pre-order they decided not to bother with it... or perhaps the lack of resources to make them prompted the immediate boost?

Given how long it has been since they had any content updates I'm pretty shocked at how not-done this expansion is. Did they have anyone working on in-game assets at all before they announced it?

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Something is definitely fishy with whats happened between SoO till now. But I doubt we'll ever know. I have some theories, but theyre based on assumption only. So meh ~

Im just kind of curious what Blizzard is envisioning out of the boost to 90. Especially for the new player. "Oh wow! I want to be a herp derp balance druid! .....*boosts to 90 and an hour later*.... I hate this class. It blows. But I wasted my boost to 90 on .. that."

I mean, I know in some of your eyes - Blizzard has reached every person in the world with WoW. Even the little kenyan kids with 1990's dial up modems only available in schools with white women, but there are new people that buy this game all the time.
tongue.png

Been tempted to come back to wow since my friends keep bugging me. They're a really fun guild to hang out with and after my latest experience with TESO "raiding" WoW encounters sound good again. Question though how awful are the new Garrisons, because I hated farming and cooking in MoP and the idea of that on steroids just to craft raiding mats is just about enough to say 'no thanks'.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Instead of having the "newbie experience" for boosted 90s in the expansion only available after determining your boost, it should be the basic newbie intro. Pick a class, get set to 90, get sent to Noob Prison Island with no way off, play around, see if you like it, at the end of the quest chain you get your ass booted back down to level 10 (You quested in the tutorial, whatever, here's the your ability to pick specs) unless you pay your Blizzard Bucks. Didn't like the class? Pick another one and give it a ride. Don't have to apply the boost until you're done with the newbie/tutorial quest chain.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I like the idea of Noob Prison island. Certainly had I wasted my boost I would be feeling buyers remorse right now. Maybe just leave the trial boost on PTR at all times and encourage people to go there to sample?

Krowbar

Molten Core Raider
I boosted a balance druid too and found it a bit confusing and weak at first. Then I switched to resto, paid my guild 75k for a 13/14H carry and have it at 572 resto 558 balance and it's a lot easier to practice and get good. Fully upgraded it should hit 578/574. I call it the double boost and I highly recommend it for druid if you can afford it.
tongue.png

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Got everything done I wanted to before the expac. Ahead of the curb. Green fire. Saved up about 200k gold. Leveling a warrior to boost to 90 since I'm not sure I want to use my pally or hunter as my new main since I kind of want to tank and not be asked if holy is my offspec. I fucking hate healing more than anything.

Rime

<Donor>
Thatguysells FLEX Garrosh kills for 2500. 1250 if you are 570+. Free if you are 580+.

---

If they do not do some MAJOR tuning to Warriors, the expansion may as well be Warriors of Draenor. Fury is #1 and #2, then Arms, then Arcane Mages, then TANK (Gladiator) Warriors in the simulated DPS rankings.

DavivMcD

Peasant
Something is definitely fishy with whats happened between SoO till now. But I doubt we'll ever know. I have some theories, but theyre based on assumption only. So meh ~
Their official explanation (from Metzen in some recent trade show) is that they added a huge amount of staff to the WoD team and the transition delayed progress in the short term, but they expect to finally be able to make good on their promise of faster content pushes now. I'd guess the influx of team members came from Titan.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Flex is annoying, get to garrosh and the shitty pvp geared 14 year old kid boots everybody. Stay retarded kid, stay retarded.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If they do not do some MAJOR tuning to Warriors, the expansion may as well be Warriors of Draenor. Fury is #1 and #2, then Arms, then Arcane Mages, then TANK (Gladiator) Warriors in the simulated DPS rankings.
They'll get a tier of being broken in order to keep them from quitting over their mechanical changes, and in order to pad their ranks with FOTM rerollers so that Celestalon can say "See, people love the new warrior design!"

And then nerf the shit out of it in the second tier.

Or they'll just be this expansion's Warlocks, except as a melee dps that's considerably less cancerous, since there's fewer slots for them in raids.

Unholy DK is my pick for "safe" melee dps to play. Mid-High DPS, without being an outlier, and with damage spread out over enough sources that PVP players won't scream OMG I GOT OBLITERATED NEEEEEERF until an ability is hammered into dust (2H Frost is pretty much doomed to have this happen at some point this expansion).

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Hrm, I'd dump 2500 for a garrosh kill in a heartbeat. What's a kill cost for Horde-side?

Is WoD basically going to be a full reboot? Meaning if I "boost" my Priest to level 90 on patch day I can make up for not playing the game in 3 years. Heh.

I last played in, fuck me, uh,....Firelands. 99% sure I need to just go take a cold shower and wash away the nostalgia, but if I'm reading this stuff correctly it seems like now might be the best shot for a really old timer to give it a final go. My wife is even interested in going back, sigh.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
If I pre-purchase can I use my boost to 90 whenever? I figure I can play the FOTM warrior now from 85-90 then when the new FOTM comes up I'll just boost whatever 85 it is and enjoy that.