World of Warcraft: Current Year

Meko

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Anybody know why they're removing the combat buffs from professions? I don't get the reasoning behind it unless they are compensating it with something else.

Tactician

Ancient
It's so you can choose (or not choose) any profession you want, without having to pigeon-hole your raiding main into taking specific profs for their combat perks.

Bruman

Golden Squire
It's so you can choose (or not choose) any profession you want, without having to pigeon-hole your raiding main into taking specific profs for their combat perks.
Then they went and completely made garrisons so that you have to min/max your choices if you're a raider. Left-hand doesn't know what the right-hand is doing.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The sort of baffling thing is that you really don't want your own profession shop in your garrison. The return on workorders is pretty low and the benefits provided by the shops are mostly redundant with your own skill. So instead of being a master tailor / enchanter who set up his own tailoring and enchanting business in his town my character has a junk yard.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Their choices with how garrisons work are odd. I would imagine we are going to see a fair amount of updates/changes to them as this expansion progresses once they throw all their player base at them.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Hrmm what was a sure purchase for me is now a maybe, I don't like the fact some very useful things will be no longer obtainable after tomorrow. I get it, but makes me salty.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Just read that the drops in the updated UBRS are 550 - so long flex raids. Need a ring and the weapons for my monk alt and I'll feel pretty good. Hoping to get secrets done this week (5 of 20) on my warrior, just been too lazy to finish the quest. Gives me something to do I guess until the xpac drops.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If you ever wanted to cap Wrath o' the Lich King Factions quickly, today is the last day to buy Commendations with Justice Points.

axeman_sl

shitlord
Anybody know why they're removing the combat buffs from professions? I don't get the reasoning behind it unless they are compensating it with something else.
It was really annoying to feel like you had to raise enchanting and blacksmithing (or whatever is best) in order to optimize your character, and guilds would expect it of their players. Personally, as someone who dislikes tradeskills, I absolutely hated that I had to do it -- especially because the actual crafting became increasingly meaningless, turning professions into just a grind for some arbitrary stat bonus. It removed the choice and freedom to decide whether or not to have professions, and which ones to use.

What are they supposed to compensate it with? It was never a good feature in the first place, and it's not as though removing it will have any consequences. It just makes a tedious/expensive grind optional. Those who liked to use professions can still do so while those who don't like it no longer feel like they're forced to do it in order to not miss out on the equivalent of like four extra item enchants, which is hardly optional in a game that's all about optimizing your character. I actually think this change is one of the only ones in WoD that's purely good and not controversial or risky.

Meko

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I just think about the gold/time I put into leveling all the crafting professions that I did and all for nothing, not even a little stat buff (moving forward). Being that crafting is mostly useless in terms of gear, the little stat buff was/is the only reason to level it other than to have something to do/kill time in between raids/leveling alts. Either way, it's not that big of a deal but I hate that I spent a good bit of time/gold to level them all.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The kick-in-the-teeth is not necessarily removing the combat bonuses for professions, but making them completely worthless as a whole. People love the fuck out of transmog shit, so why aren't their Tailoring and Blacksmithing transmog items? 'Enchants' that offer visual effects or perks that don't effect the raiding game.

They should actually do something in exchange for eating up bank space and countless hours of dickgrinding to raise them in this new expansion.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The kick-in-the-teeth is not necessarily removing the combat bonuses for professions, but making them completely worthless as a whole. People love the fuck out of transmog shit, so why aren't their Tailoring and Blacksmithing transmog items? 'Enchants' that offer visual effects or perks that don't effect the raiding game.

They should actually do something in exchange for eating up bank space and countless hours of dickgrinding to raise them in this new expansion.
That might be something that gets included in time, who knows. I like the idea of crafting items purely for the visual Transmog thing.

Also, to admit I'm a bit scrubby since last I played; my server feels like a ghost town. Should I x-fer to a different one with a higher population, or is EVERYTHING cross-server now? Surely guilding and raids isn't and I'd want a decent *lol* community *lol*.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Shit I read the changes wrong, I thought the Heirloom weapons off Org were going away.
Ah no, in fact they're guaranteed starting tomorrow! I think? I could be way off.

Cloak and transmog gear are the only things. Again, just my reading, I could be off.

I'm sure there's gonna be a ton of raids tomorrow night, and hopefully a few tonight I could sketch into.

Ah no, in fact they're guaranteed starting tomorrow! I think? I could be way off.

Cloak and transmog gear are the only things. Again, just my reading, I could be off.

I'm sure there's gonna be a ton of raids tomorrow night, and hopefully a few tonight I could sketch into.
How is that going to work exactly? My guild is on hiatus until the expansion drops due to clearing heroic Siege months ago. As a result, we are not running any official raids and most folks are running LFR's. Are the heirlooms going to drop off LFR as well now or will people like myself unfortunate enough to not get an heirloom to drop need to run cross server flex/normal/mythic/whatever?

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
How is that going to work exactly? My guild is on hiatus until the expansion drops due to clearing heroic Siege months ago. As a result, we are not running any official raids and most folks are running LFR's. Are the heirlooms going to drop off LFR as well now or will people like myself unfortunate enough to not get an heirloom to drop need to run cross server flex/normal/mythic/whatever?
You are guaranteed an Heirloom of your spec on each difficulty EXCEPT LFR. So you can in theory get a normal, heroic and mythic Heirloom at a 100% drop rate.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Heirlooms have never dropped in LFR, and that's not changing in 6.0. "Normal" (new Flex) will drop them, however, and anyone within spitting distance of ilevel 540 shouldn't have a hard time getting into or creating a Normal raid.