World of Warcraft: Current Year

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
You are guaranteed an Heirloom of your spec on each difficulty EXCEPT LFR. So you can in theory get a normal, heroic and mythic Heirloom at a 100% drop rate.
Just to be clear, the guaranteed heirloom only applies if you haven't gotten one yet.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Either way, it's not that big of a deal but I hate that I spent a good bit of time/gold to level them all.
I've seen this sentiment echoed before. Seriously -- think back to 2004-2005. If some time-traveler popped in and was like ("Hey bro, late 2014 your professions will be useless. Why bother?") what would you have said?

What about all the gold I "wasted" on reforges, and now reforging is gone? Who gives a shit lol -- we did what we did to maximize our characters for the current content... not "current content to infinity".

Meko

Bronze Knight of the Realm
That's not entirely my thoughts on it but if it's in the game, I'd like it to serve a purpose of some kind but I guess you could argue it's "fun" to do it now. I just have a feeling everybody will do alchemy and jewelcrafting for the buffs.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
That might be something that gets included in time, who knows. I like the idea of crafting items purely for the visual Transmog thing.

Also, to admit I'm a bit scrubby since last I played; my server feels like a ghost town. Should I x-fer to a different one with a higher population, or is EVERYTHING cross-server now? Surely guilding and raids isn't and I'd want a decent *lol* community *lol*.
You can indeed guild and raid cross server now. Just log on unguilded and wait for the random guild invite spam. You'll see plenty from Playername-Differentserver in a matter of moments.
wink.png

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
Heirlooms have never dropped in LFR, and that's not changing in 6.0. "Normal" (new Flex) will drop them, however, and anyone within spitting distance of ilevel 540 shouldn't have a hard time getting into or creating a Normal raid.
I'm not saying your wrong but what I'm reading on mmo-champ makes it look like heirlooms drop from any difficulty.

Siege of Orgrimmar Changes
Siege of Orgrimmar is giving out Heirloom weapons and has been converted to the new Warlords of Draenor raid size system.

Your first heirloom weapon drop per difficulty is now guaranteed. These weapons will scale up while leveling and won't be replaced until at least level 100, so be sure to grab some for yourself and alts!
The Warlords of Draenor raid size system will be applied to Siege of Orgrimmar:
There are now four difficulties: Raid Finder, Normal (was Flex), Heroic (was Normal), and Mythic (was Heroic).
Normal and Heroic will scale from 10 to 30 players. Raid Finder can also scale down if players drop group.
Mythic will be a fixed size of 20 players.
Each difficulty has its own weekly lockout.
Raid Finder, Normal, and Heroic have a loot based lockout, which means you can kill bosses as many times as you would like, but you will only get loot in each difficulty once a week. The amount of loot that drops scales to the number of people eligible for loot, so you can't game the system.
Mythic difficulty has an ID based lockout, similar to how Heroic lockouts have worked previously. You are locked to one raid ID for the week.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I'm not saying your wrong but what I'm reading on mmo-champ makes it look like heirlooms drop from any difficulty.

Siege of Orgrimmar Changes
Siege of Orgrimmar is giving out Heirloom weapons and has been converted to the new Warlords of Draenor raid size system.

Your first heirloom weapon drop per difficulty is now guaranteed. These weapons will scale up while leveling and won't be replaced until at least level 100, so be sure to grab some for yourself and alts!
The Warlords of Draenor raid size system will be applied to Siege of Orgrimmar:
There are now four difficulties: Raid Finder, Normal (was Flex), Heroic (was Normal), and Mythic (was Heroic).
Normal and Heroic will scale from 10 to 30 players. Raid Finder can also scale down if players drop group.
Mythic will be a fixed size of 20 players.
Each difficulty has its own weekly lockout.
Raid Finder, Normal, and Heroic have a loot based lockout, which means you can kill bosses as many times as you would like, but you will only get loot in each difficulty once a week. The amount of loot that drops scales to the number of people eligible for loot, so you can't game the system.
Mythic difficulty has an ID based lockout, similar to how Heroic lockouts have worked previously. You are locked to one raid ID for the week.
Well don't take my word for it, Sport; go ahead and run Garrosh on LFR tomorrow. Let us know how it goes.

Meh. There is a ton of conflicting information out there regarding whether or not they will or will not drop in LFR starting tomorrow. If they don't, oh well. After doing heroics, I am not going to run pug flex with a bunch of dipshits for a weapon that will only last me a couple days after the expansion launch.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I'm sure we've got enough folks on the board Horde & Alliance to get together to do Flex Garrosh for BOA's, right? RIGHT??

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I'm sure we've got enough folks on the board Horde & Alliance to get together to do Flex Garrosh for BOA's, right? RIGHT??
I'm not carrying anyone under 535 ilevel, but if you meet/exceed that you can add my btag: Dandai#1755. I'm hosting a guild normal (flex) run Weds at 10PM EST. Horde, by the way.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm not carrying anyone under 535 ilevel, but if you meet/exceed that you can add my btag: Dandai#1755. I'm hosting a guild normal (flex) run Weds at 10PM EST.
Because a 535 isn't going to carry their weight, or because you assume under 535 has no clue how to raid or do the encounters (for instance, running an alt that's 510 or 490, but I know the fights from other chars)?

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
Because a 535 isn't going to carry their weight, or because you assume under 535 has no clue how to raid or do the encounters (for instance, running an alt that's 510 or 490, but I know the fights from other chars)?
Doesn't matter if you know the fights or not but someone who's ilvl 490-510 isn't carrying their weight in normal. Gear matters.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Not true I have seen an alt priest in 496 out heal people in 560 gear.
You're being ridiculous; anyone in 560 gear getting out-"anythinged" by someone in 496 gear is a fucking scrub and is also getting carried. Did you really need that explained to you?

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah a random 560 dps doing like 200k dps, which isn't even necessarily good at 560 is something a 496 just can't do. Same sort of thing applies to that healer. The 560 just is afk or sucks.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
For the most part, the person that is 550 is a huge risk and "shouldnt" weigh up to a player in his 570-590's. My mage is 557 and Im generally first or second with people in similar gear. I can definitely tell when I take my mage with me in our 25 man heroic though, I drop down to 7th - 11th in DPS. That says a lot about the DPS below me
rolleyes.png
, but those people above me are making me look like a retard that can press buttons. YAyyyy!

Your potential just isnt up to par, but that doesnt mean that a person with a much higher ilvl just isnt a monkey thats been playing for the last year is better than you. You "could" be better, but if I was making a Heroic Raid - I wouldnt invite you. Just because the likelihood of you doing a perfect rotation versus a a high ilvl person doing an "ok" job at his rotation is quite skewed in the monkey's direction.

The same can be said for a 496 healer - you just cant weigh his worth based on meters alone. But then again, what zone could a 496 even get into to test that theory where it would really matter. I personally would rather get a 200k heal rather than a 110k heal within the same time frame.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Good input, thanks. Was curious about expectations with ilvl's. I'll just head into WoD with the chars I want and in a month's time, SoO will be obsolete anyway.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Good input, thanks. Was curious about expectations with ilvl's. I'll just head into WoD with the chars I want and in a month's time, SoO will be obsolete anyway.
Level 100 quest greens are only 580 ilevel, and sockets are rare (whereas almost every slot has a socket in SoO). Even un-upgraded 554 gear will last until level ~96 questing and level 95 dungeons. It's really just a matter of whether you've got something else you'd rather be doing for the next month than trivializing the first half of the expansion (item-wise). Personally, I'm looking forward to ignoring all quest rewards and getting that huge gold injection so I can buy whatever I want for my garrison.