World of Warcraft: Current Year

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What's the current/WoD state of healers? I just moved my DK to a new server, and that's the only character I have there now. I want to make a healer with my boosted 90 from the expansion, but not sure which to pick. Leaning towards either shaman or paladin currently, not really a fan of the others when I have to switch to DPS.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I am thinking on finding a horde PVE server and starting up some kind of casual guild. Would people be interested in that? I am on Arthas right now because of some friends from my last job that are all on Euro time so I have no reason to stay there.
It all depends on how you're wanting to line up raids... A concern for those of us that dont like to be poor.
tongue.png
My guild and I never made it past Siege before the patch and now theyre struggling with Garrosh even though everyone says hes easier than Normal was. (Ive went super casual since being "Done" with the content in my mind) Not to keen on my current guild anymore, to say the least.

(Pick a server and Ill put a character there just in case)

-edit-
What's the current/WoD state of healers? I just moved my DK to a new server, and that's the only character I have there now. I want to make a healer with my boosted 90 from the expansion, but not sure which to pick. Leaning towards either shaman or paladin currently, not really a fan of the others when I have to switch to DPS.
Paladin/Priest

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
I am thinking on finding a horde PVE server and starting up some kind of casual guild. Would people be interested in that? I am on Arthas right now because of some friends from my last job that are all on Euro time so I have no reason to stay there.
Ive got most of my Horde characters on Zul'jin and Whisperwind. Pick a server and I'll come over too.

Just roll or transfer to KJ for you horde players. Loving the server and it gives you the added bonus of having to deal with Bain and myself. We currently have a core group of five people that have been together for the most part from wrath. Like Bain said the server is heavily tilted towards horde, but who cares with all the cross server stuff thats been implemented.

Bain

Bronze Knight of the Realm
If you're on Kil'jaeden even if you don't like us you'll find somewhere to stay. The server is fantastic.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I'll roll a horde alt if you do that. I've been hankering to make an alt healer since I've spent the last year and a half as a warrior.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Please share your ways as I plan on boosting a priest and going support/pure healing. I haven't played in years so my brain is mush with all the games and all the specs i've done over the years so cannot really distinguish one from the other anymore. Can you still successfully or adequately heal as a disc spec or do you need to go all holy? When you queue up, just curious how or what you do to rank so well in both categories. That sounds just my style. I really don't mind to be a pure healer, it's just what i've always done but wouldn't mind being able to do some damage.

Also, it seems like everyone on every server listed so far is horde. That a fair assessment?

If any of you are in the same boat that i'm in and haven't play in awhile or at all, this has been very helpful...http://wod.wowhead.com/guide=2287
EU is alliance packed, but horde presence is decent and not ghost town style.

Discipline priest: post patch is not pre-patch, things have changed, first because mana is not an issue, second because heal scaling is probably out of whack and thirdly because we got holy nova back as the efficient discipline ae healing.
It's an instant cast ae that does damage and heals up to 5 nearby people, heals are 4 times the damage done, but if you spam it long enough, it adds up.
Then you cast Holy Fire (instant cast dot 10s cd) and Penance on cooldown, both can be used to do damage, Penance can also heal directly (usual practice for me was to target the tank to apply 3 grace stacks, those are gone, but atonement got nerfed a bit...), in shorts, use it as a good single target heal. Spam power word shield, in raid on both tanks and the occasional derp that is losing too much life, on yourself if you need. Rest is spam holy nova, for some healing meter padding, which doesn't matter, but it can make you feel good maybe.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Once again connection problems are plaguing our servers. Disconnects, stuck at 90% loading, crashing, characters not found, world server down (false), etc.
It's a fucking miracle if we can play straight for an hour or two.
Post patch is a disaster, I think monkeys flinging shit on a keyboard could do a better job.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Zuljin is a good horde server. Not crowded as Illidan server. We do weekly garrosh kills for heirloom weapons. Was able to score a pair of the 2 hander axes for my warrior.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
I'm about done with Illidan. I transferred here to play with RL friends who then promptly quit. World pvp is dead and it's kind of boring just seeing horde all the time. It's cool that there is always something going on but I'm thinking about finding a pve server to transfer to. Just wish I had regular work hours so I could actually raid.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Since you say casual, would you welcome a WoW noob? Haven't played since Vanilla and looking for a game to play. Been debating grabbing the expansion and boosting a toon to 90, and relearning the game.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Since you say casual, would you welcome a WoW noob? Haven't played since Vanilla and looking for a game to play. Been debating grabbing the expansion and boosting a toon to 90, and relearning the game.
Yup just a place to all hang out. We have done 'forum guilds' before that were all about raiding and had high and lofty goals and they just didn't happen.

This will just be a community and if we get people that want to raid, great. If not that's fine also.

You people lied to me and I made a guild on KJ without paying attention to it being a PVP realm!!

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yup just a place to all hang out. We have done 'forum guilds' before that were all about raiding and had high and lofty goals and they just didn't happen.

This will just be a community and if we get people that want to raid, great. If not that's fine also.

You people lied to me and I made a guild on KJ without paying attention to it being a PVP realm!!
Cool. Is KJ the definite server? May go ahead and download overnight.

Radge_sl

shitlord
Okey dokey.

So where does melee dps stand at the moment? Viable, or no one wants?
Entirely depends on the class (Warriors are God-Mode currently), but in general Ranged is preferred since they can avoid alot of the raid mechanics better than the melee group. However, thats all going to change in a few weeks with the new expansion. From what I hear, the new raids have mechanics that force the Range group to move around alot.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Entirely depends on the class (Warriors are God-Mode currently), but in general Ranged is preferred since they can avoid alot of the raid mechanics better than the melee group. However, thats all going to change in a few weeks with the new expansion. From what I hear, the new raids have mechanics that force the Range group to move around
Thanks for the info. I have played ranged almost exclusively for over 10 years, but have recently been trying to change it up.

bayr_sl

shitlord
I have a 90 tauren pally on zuljin, its pretty good, theres like 10 times more horde than where my other 90s are on arygos.

If anyone wants to carry me through h garrosh for a heirloom that would be nice~