World of Warcraft: Current Year

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
All this rush to get through the content and we'll still probably end up sitting around with nothing to do for months and months as we wait for the next content patches. To quote the Pandaran: "Slow down!"
Pretty much, I don't see the need to rush through everything. But silly quest bottlenecks should be a no brainer by now.

addlemixie

Lord Nagafen Raider
Can anyone confirm that the opening lumber mill quest where you have to go harvest a tree is limited to that one tree that is outside your instanced garrison so everyone and his dog are trying to harvest one goddamn tree?

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
i get the midnight tech probs but lagging on a lowpop server over the day and the garrison constantly tanking is disappointing

Obtenor_sl

shitlord
So wait a minute; we should just 'suck it up'? 'When have they done a launch properly? LOLZ COME BACK NEXT WEEK'.

That's entirely mediocre. 10 years in this game, 5 expansions, you'd think they've already invested in surge instancing and properly setting instances/quests so it's not funneled as such?

Heck, them having to spawn Khadgars everywhere points to a blaring design point, BOTTLENECKS.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
See, this is the one good thing about Pantheon's launch. It will be super smooth for the twelve people playing it! WoW clearly has too many customers.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
So wait a minute; we should just 'suck it up'? 'When have they done a launch properly? LOLZ COME BACK NEXT WEEK'.

That's entirely mediocre. 10 years in this game, 5 expansions, you'd think they've already invested in surge instancing and properly setting instances/quests so it's not funneled as such?

Heck, them having to spawn Khadgars everywhere points to a blaring design point, BOTTLENECKS.
Well, what are you going to do about it? You correctly identified that launch day typically sucks. Did you vote with your dollar, and refuse to buy their product because it isn't up to your demanding standards? Or did you grab your ankles willingly then complain that your assraping was unpleasant just like all the other assrapings you grabbed your ankles for.

Do you understand how patently ridiculous it is to identify a 10 year pattern of shitty launch days and then line up and say ("Well this launch day wasn't any different and I'm totally offended. But not enough so as to not buy their product.") Your actions were predicted by a team running cost-benefit analysis and you don't seem to realize this.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I agree that we shouldn't excuse it, but at this point, after many years of EQ and WoW, I just assume this is what it will be like. I don't really get frustrated about it, but I also don't take time off work for this shit either.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
"excuse it"? What the fuck kind of language is this? You act like Blizzard is some moral entity and we're weighing its heart upon our scales.

If youactuallybelieved that you "shouldn't excuse it", then you wouldn't buy their shit. If you're still buying their product, then, in fact, launch day woes are completely excusable. Just as they predicted.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Well... I can log on, but every character I try to play just ends up with the "Character not found" button. Fun times!
frown.png

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
All I had time to do before work was discover Alex's apparent obsession with fucking over the Frostwolf Clan. Hilarious.

I didn't see any other players.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
"excuse it"? What the fuck kind of language is this? You act like Blizzard is some moral entity and we're weighing its heart upon our scales.

If youactuallybelieved that you "shouldn't excuse it", then you wouldn't buy their shit. If you're still buying their product, then, in fact, launch day woes are completely excusable. Just as they predicted.
It's not black and white. We can think it's ridiculous that they STILL can't handle launch day stuff while still enjoying the 99% of the product they produce. There are TONS of aspects of TONS of products I buy that I'm not thrilled with, but that doesn't mean I'm going to completely ignore the entire product because of them.

that said, i think it was silly for anyone to expect to be able to play flawlessly immediately after the expansion launched. It's the sad fact that almost no MMO can handle launch day stuff, and it's something we tolerate in order to enjoy the rest of the game.

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
How can you people possibly expect them to be able to handle like 90% utilization on their servers when its typically ~25%? Like three quarters of my nerd guild stayed up all night on a WEEKNIGHT. Why the hell would they add new dedicated hardware for something like that? Its not even close to the norm, and it'll pass in a couple days. Makes no sense for them to spend $1,000's - $10,000's upgrading hardware that wont be needed in a week.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>

Fair enough. I apologize for using the word "excuse". I should have said, we can still bitch about it while at the same time understanding that it's basically a sure thing and will eventually resolve and the game is still enjoyable. You seem really vested in this. I really couldn't give a fuck. I haven't even logged in yet.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
How can you people possibly expect them to be able to handle like 90% utilization on their servers when its typically ~25%? Like three quarters of my nerd guild stayed up all night on a WEEKNIGHT. Why the hell would they add new dedicated hardware for something like that? Its not even close to the norm, and it'll pass in a couple days. Makes no sense for them to spend $1,000's - $10,000's upgrading hardware that wont be needed in a week.
No bro you don't get it, they can just rent servers and provisions VMs and poof it is solved.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Yet, even knowing it will be like this...every single one of you bought it anyway, and are still gonna play it, and you'll all be there for the next time expansion, and go through this shit all over again.
smile.png

Why would they change, they lose nobody because of this.
smile.png

Mythas 5thboardnow

Silver Knight of the Realm
It sucks I can't get on / stay on long enough to try and find a CRZ invite to a low pop realm. Guildie got lucky and got on like A52 alliance side and is now level 97 with zero lag, disconnects, etc.

axeman_sl

shitlord
Well, garrisons have been down for several hours and I can't progress any further because the quest to activate the Talador zone requires that I go ot my garrison.