World of Warcraft: Current Year

Grayson Carlyle

Golden Squire
The rumour I heard was that it was handing out too much loot in LFG for some reason (like 8-12 pieces per run, when doing 4 bosses should only net you average 5), but isn't broken in pre-mades if you set the loot to personal. Just a rumour though.

Silence_sl

shitlord
Wow why did they get rid of personal loot?
Wow...what a pack of retards. PL was one of the best things to come out of this shitsprinkler.

Really, Bizz?

Maybe this is just Alex busting our nutz for RR outing his former SO as a hooker. Not just any hooker, but a dogshit cheap hooker at that.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
They're in a pretty volatile state right now, some servers are reporting them coming in at 500g (less than epic enchant mats) and some as high as 5kg.

I'm staying out of the blood market until it becomes more predictable. Especially with blizz with the finger on the trigger of various drop rates and stuff.
Savage blood is a terrible waste of primals. I'm turning over Darkmoon cards (10 war paints) at 7k apiece and getting 15k for aces, people have not gotten the message that they are the same chance as the other cards.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Or, apparently, the message that darkmoon trinkets are nothing special this time around.

zebus_sl

shitlord
As someone who hasn't played WoW since WotLK and decided to come back and give it a try, I honestly can't take anyone seriously that has an elitist attitude about this game anymore. My previous class hunter is like a husk of what I use to like about it, so I decided to reroll. To do this I browsed through the current rotation meta to see what struck my fancy, in doing so I realized that basically all the classes have gone from a small handful of buttons to press to like two buttons to press, so I ended up going with rogue as sub seemed to be the one remaining dps class/spec with a pulse.

I'll admit I had fun leveling, seeing the new story, zones, garrison, etc, but when I hit 100 and started doing heroics this is when I facepalmed. While I picked one of the only remaining somewhat complicated dps specs, the fact is that dps is balanced so that each class is the same when played optimally, so by picking a more complex spec (not that their are really any other examples) you are just going to be putting out more effort to match everyone else who is playing an idiot proof class. Basically every heroic I've run everyone is like within 5% of each other on damage including the tank. And even with a rogue I feel that mastering my class doesn't even really amount to much with how close all the abilities are to each other in damage, whether I was slacking off or going full tryhard I was still right there with everyone else in the group. The talent choices have next to no impact on my dps, gearing is a joke, its more a focus on item level that stat priority.

Like are you serious? There is no theorycrafting, no reward for effort, completely homogenized, the only remaining aspect that resembles a video game is the boss strats, which makes this game more a platformer than an MMO, and even that aspect is easy. Every group I'm in has someone who thinks he is amazing at this game and wants everyone to know, while somehow finding a way to talk down to someone else in the group. My last group had a tank who was going into great detail about his method of determing how much he pulls at once to aoe, and calling out healer for saying that he was going to fast.

I mean I love this forum, but even in this thread there are people talking about the "minority" of the player base thats as good as them, and how the average player sucks, it's like watching my coworker brag about how "powerful" his Clash of Clans army is.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Wow, just chiming in here that personal loot was the absolute best change they've made to their dungeon systems in basically forever. Idiots rolling need on everything possible is why I've always tried to stay away from pugs as much as possible. Why in the flip would they ever revert such a great change..... I'm in shock here.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
As someone who hasn't played WoW since WotLK and decided to come back and give it a try, I honestly can't take anyone seriously that has an elitist attitude about this game anymore...
You sound pretty elite in this post. You're just too good for modern games, bro -- best go fag up the 1999 forums about how Blizzard ruined MMOs.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
The rumour I heard was that it was handing out too much loot in LFG for some reason (like 8-12 pieces per run, when doing 4 bosses should only net you average 5), but isn't broken in pre-mades if you set the loot to personal. Just a rumour though.
11 dungeons: 1 piece. I still like personal a lot more.

As someone who hasn't played WoW since WotLK and decided to come back and give it a try, I honestly can't take anyone seriously that has an elitist attitude about this game anymore. My previous class hunter is like a husk of what I use to like about it, so I decided to reroll. To do this I browsed through the current rotation meta to see what struck my fancy, in doing so I realized that basically all the classes have gone from a small handful of buttons to press to like two buttons to press, so I ended up going with rogue as sub seemed to be the one remaining dps class/spec with a pulse.

I'll admit I had fun leveling, seeing the new story, zones, garrison, etc, but when I hit 100 and started doing heroics this is when I facepalmed. While I picked one of the only remaining somewhat complicated dps specs, the fact is that dps is balanced so that each class is the same when played optimally, so by picking a more complex spec (not that their are really any other examples) you are just going to be putting out more effort to match everyone else who is playing an idiot proof class. Basically every heroic I've run everyone is like within 5% of each other on damage including the tank. And even with a rogue I feel that mastering my class doesn't even really amount to much with how close all the abilities are to each other in damage, whether I was slacking off or going full tryhard I was still right there with everyone else in the group. The talent choices have next to no impact on my dps, gearing is a joke, its more a focus on item level that stat priority.

Like are you serious? There is no theorycrafting, no reward for effort, completely homogenized, the only remaining aspect that resembles a video game is the boss strats, which makes this game more a platformer than an MMO, and even that aspect is easy. Every group I'm in has someone who thinks he is amazing at this game and wants everyone to know, while somehow finding a way to talk down to someone else in the group. My last group had a tank who was going into great detail about his method of determing how much he pulls at once to aoe, and calling out healer for saying that he was going to fast.

I mean I love this forum, but even in this thread there are people talking about the "minority" of the player base thats as good as them, and how the average player sucks, it's like watching my coworker brag about how "powerful" his Clash of Clans army is.
And this is why everybody does the same dps (false) or it's the reason why some groups can finish content easily and others can't even start it properly? Picking the right gear is still important, as well as performing. Play windwalker monk, so you have to micro manage a few things, or ret pala with seal dancing, etc. there are options and you can shine if you play better than other people. I play mostly with friends and while nobody is a superstar, we are all good enough to be close to each other, but the fun part is mocking each other in ts, not fapping on our Recount. Sometimes people whine for the sake of whining.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Well they did up the personal loot chance in the later stages of LFR MoP prior to the expansion. Perhaps some remnant of that increased drop % managed to get incorporated into the heroic drop rates?

I think I'm going to call bullshit on the notion that they received overwhelming or even modest feedback asking for NBG to be restored and are instead just hiding behind that excuse.

Bain

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I skipped a few pages so this may have been posted but LOL at WW monks doing 70k DPS on 3 target pulls in challenge modes. H4h4h4.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Did Molten Core after it came active and it was very nostalgic but once was enough. Don't get me wrong I had fun with the original MC but damn if many of those mechanics seem arbitrary and punishing compared to more modern encounters. Of course 40 random people is going to be a differt experience than an organized raiding guild but I do not miss the days of spamming remove curse. Hell for that matter I had to hunt in my spellbook to find the damn spell as I don't think I've cast it once in the past 5 years until tonight.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
A lot of us coming back have to also get the spouse hooked back up as well :p It was the only MMO we actually played together, probably because it was a bit more accessible (casual? lol)
I can think of a few reasons for the jump in subs:

1 - 1 year without since any new content which brought back a lot of players that quit during MOP (I'm one of these). This group usually accounts for the usual spike when an expac launches.
2 - Nothing else on the market. Look at the MMORPG landscape and there is not one title that is on the level of WoW (even if we were just talking content alone).
3 - The expansion is actually very good. This can't be understated. Garrisons have brought back the casual player, even those who haven't played in a long time. Even my wife who hasn't played WoW in like 4 years is seriously considering reactivating her account watching me play.
4 - 10 year anniversary. I think people would be surprised how many people resub just for this, specifically vanilla/BC players. I remember when EQ had their 10 year anniversary they enjoyed a decent spike at the time.

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
What I find interesting about the sub numbers is according to MMO-C, its now 10mil players, but only 3.3mil copies of WoD are sold. So 2/3rds of the populationsisn'tplaying the new expansion? And the number is up 2.6mil players since the last subscription report. If most of those are returning players, who bought WoD, then who the fuck was playing the game before?

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
So they added 50 Garrison Resources to the first Heroic of the day, but also changed LFG loot mode back to Need/Greed instead of personal loot. I was actually kinda liking the personal loot.

In fact I just lost an offhand Int item to a Paladin. I didnt even know Paladins could use non-shield off hand items like that. sigh
I watched a hunter win a roll on a Str/Agil Crit+Bonus armor trinket over a DK. I don't think the DK realized the agil was on it as well... but hahaha.

What I find interesting about the sub numbers is according to MMO-C, its now 10mil players, but only 3.3mil copies of WoD are sold. So 2/3rds of the populationsisn'tplaying the new expansion? And the number is up 2.6mil players since the last subscription report. If most of those are returning players, who bought WoD, then who the fuck was playing the game before?
are those physical copies? or does that count virtual?

Baghwan

Lord Nagafen Raider
I watched a hunter win a roll on a Str/Agil Crit+Bonus armor trinket over a DK. I don't think the DK realized the agil was on it as well... but hahaha.

are those physical copies? or does that count virtual?
Yeah I'm done tanking heroics in the LFD, just lost a WF cape with bonus armor to a rogue, call me a faggot whinger but once I collect my inn quest item I'm booking it out of there and they can wait on a new tank.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, I ran a couple of normals last night because I can't for the life of me get lucky on anything to put me up to heroic gearscore. So after seeing zero loot out of 7 dungeons, I notice that they changed the personal loot thing and I'm like "Cool, maybe I'll get a shot at something." Nope. Had a douche paladin (I'm a DK) roll need on the only plate drop and then DE it immediately after, and it would have been enough to put me up to 610. Awesome change.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah I'm done tanking heroics in the LFD, just lost a WF cape with bonus armor to a rogue, call me a faggot whinger but once I collect my inn quest item I'm booking it out of there and they can wait on a new tank.
As a rogue (who could have rolled on the item) I saw the bonus armor and immediately though "That's a tank item...". So you certainly aren't a whiner. It does get tiring as Rezz noted... I can't get myself over that edge into heroics (despite qualifying for them in proving ground with a ilvl of ~575), so I'm stuck. This is where having even some small gear upgrades from tradeskills would have been nice. A bunch of 604 gear so you still have to do normal dungeons and I'd be able to fill in other slots from dungeons as I run them.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Doesn't loot change depending on class and spec? So the loot you are seeing is actually good for that class that is rolling on it now. I understand that rolling on bonus armor as a non tank is shitty, people are just trying to upgrade anyway possible now to get higher IL which is why the change away from personal loot was stupid.